Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Nov 2018, 12:51 (Ref:3864986)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
I'm going back to the mid-late 70's...

Having completed a successful test at Paul Ricard, Embassy Hill racing return home a day earlier than planned in Nov 1975..

The team goes on to record it's first victories in 1976 with Tony Brise continually challenging Lauda and Hunt through the season. Both Ferrari and McLaren go on record as saying the Hill team is now a clear threat for title honours in 1977.

Tom Pryce makes a brilliant comeback drive at Kyalami '77 to net a podium and is a constant nuisance to Ferrari, McLaren for the rest of the year. Pryce and Brise engage in some of the best dices seen in F1 in their battle to be best of the rest.

There is a massive party as Pryce, Brise and Hunt fill the podium at the British GP. Debutant. Gilles Villeneuve challenges in a 3rd McLaren and after continuing to impress in selected races for the rest of the year, is signed full time alongside Hunt for 1978....

After the strange 'nearly' swap with Ronnie Peterson and in 1976,
Lotus once again make it known they are interested in signing Pryce for 1978 and the deal is announced in October where he will be number 2 for the season to.... Ronnie Peterson.

Mario decides to join Ferrari alongside Lauda as joint No.1 much to Niki's chagrin

Alan Jones replaces Pryce at Shadow for '78 with Reutemann and Regazzoni lining up for Williams, although both on 1 year deals...

The opening round of 1978 is a belter........

Anyone wish to take over from here?
Old 22 Nov 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3864995)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
It would have been very interesting to see how that new Hill car went in 76. Could so easily have been the making of Brise.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3868730)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It would have been very interesting to see how that new Hill car went in 76. Could so easily have been the making of Brise.
Brise was seriously good according to most accounts?

Pryce as quick but bit wild, very much like Gilles and Bellof I reckon?
Old 8 Dec 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3868754)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I donít know if Pryce threw it off that many times. Certainly drivers in less than perfect cars tend to give it more
Old Yesterday, 16:19 (Ref:3869957)   #35
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alesi honouring his pre-contract with Williams for 91 would have been interesting;

Mansell and Hill would never have been World Champions as neither would have driven for Williams (in the 90's). Patrese would have been retained until they could get Senna in for likely 93 if not 92.

Alesi would be winning races so France happy and no need for Prost - who probably would have gone back to McLaren or retired.

Senna would likely not have been killed in '94 - he would have had input into the FW16 and it be more to his liking and less nervous at the start of 94.

Senna would have been a 5 to 9 time champ with potentially close to 100 victories - conceivably he could have won 92 - 97 inclusive assuming the passion remained. He would have been 38 in '97 so not old. He could go to Ferrari then as he always wanted to. And the Ferrari's from 97 onwards weren't bad....

I'm assuming Alesi would have won races but not Championships if paired with Senna. The 91 Williams took a while to get going and finished weakly v the McLaren. JV may still have come in for 96 but be thrashed by Senna and disappear before BAR arrived...
Old Yesterday, 22:56 (Ref:3870083)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Like it Graz!!

I reckon Alesi had it in him if he had a reliable quick car.

In addition to Senna, he would probably have been up against Herbert and Donnelly in '91 & '92 had both those drivers careers proceeded as looked clear prior to their accidents. Herbert would probably be in the other Williams, Senna at Mclaren, Donnelly possibly in one of the Benetton's with his Camel backing.

Going back another 10 years. What could have happened if Gilles moved to McLaren in 1983 as had been rumoured?

I think that be would have left after the Pironi nonsense anyway.

Mind you had he lived and stayed and Pironi had not been injured going on to win the '82 title, we might have seen a brilliant scrap for the '83 title between them as i am convinced that the '83 Ferrari was the best car evidenced by the constructors title.
Old Today, 15:00 (Ref:3870234)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

I remember Autosport once did a what if story about Gilles going to McLaren for 83. Certainly Villeneuve could so easily have been champ in 82 and would have probably added to more in his TAG Porsche McLaren