Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Oct 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3855891)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Global Rallycross Europe

Global Rallycross Europe now has it's own website:

https://globalrallycross.net/home/

More details to follow, but it seems like the Championship will run two classes:

GRC Titans (using a spec car)
GRC Supercars
Old 10 Oct 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3855946)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...76#post3800976

That October race would be Lydden Hill, but is it?
Old 10 Oct 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3855960)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...76#post3800976

That October race would be Lydden Hill, but is it?
No. The October race was the "original" GRC. This is a spin off series run by Max Pucher (the MJP Racing team principle).

If I understand correctly Pucher was planning to launch this separate series before the US GRC collapsed.

They are talking about rounds in several countries, including the UK, so possible that we will see this series in Europe.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3855984)   #4
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The calendar is at this time tentative and has to be finalized through the usual ASN and FIA channels for 2019. We plan to race in Austria, UK, Germany, Hungary, France, Slovakia and Italy."

Since there is an emphasis on countries that are a part of the FIA European Central Rallycross Championship (or whatever the series is called), I'm guessing that Hungarian round will be at Nyirad, Slovakia at Slovakiaring and Italy at Maggiora. Lydden will probably be the UK round.

"MJP Promotions is the owner of the Global Rallycross brand for Europe.
Global Rallycross will run in 2019 two racing series with GRC Titans and GRC Supercars.
MJP Racing developed a new one-design Rallycross class for GRC Titans with the PanteraRX6.
PanteraRX6 is similar to Supercars in track performance at 20% of WorldRX cost.
GRC Supercars use the FIA Supercar Regulation with Balance-of-Performance"

Perhaps this is what many has been hoping for? A non-IMG European championship that runs at least some more traditional track. Nice to see Supercars although this Balance-of-Perfomance seems kinda odd.

I wonder what 20% of WorldRX cost is since it's not related to anything concrete.

There is a kickoff on October 18th.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3857526)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Official launch of the Championship was today. No confirmed calendar yet, but a bit more information:

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...hed-in-vienna/

TV coverage will be in Eurosport.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3868550)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
First two venues the Championship will visit confirmed:

https://www.facebook.com/globalrally...84414511825418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Rallycross Europe Facebook Page
Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) Europe confirms 2019 race events with Montalegre, Portugal and Lydden Hill, UK. Atte Varsta joins as GRC Commercial Director.

MJP Promotions confirms that it has closed agreements with the City of Montalegre, Portugal to host a race event on August 10th and 11th and with Lydden Hill, UK on July 27th and 28th for the 2019 Global Rallycross (GRC) Europe International Series. MJP Promotions is also very pleased to announce that Finlandís experienced motorsport manager Atte Varsta has been signed for the position of GRC Commercial Director. He is responsible for commercial activities such as driver contracts, sponsoring, and partnerships.

Global Rallycross Europe will run 6 race weekends with 11-12 races in 2019 to fight for the title of GRC Europe Series Winner at the Grand Finale in October. GRC will run two racing categories with GRC Titans and GRC Supercars. From 2020 other GRC series from around the globe will participate to crown the Global Rallycross Cup Winner in the Global Finale of the year.

Global Rallycross Europe boss Max J. Pucher: ďIt is the clearly defined strategy of MJP Promotions to revitalize what has made Rallycross the best driver-focused motorsport and to bring back the drama and action that it used to deliver to its passionate fans. Driving the classic tracks with GRC Europe is one important element of achieving that. I want to thank the people of Montalegre for their unwavering support of Rallycross despite the recent developments. We canít wait to see ten thousand plus spectators cheering our drivers at the Montalegre circuit in August 2019. Lydden Hill has always been a cornerstone track for GRC in my mind and therefore it is fantastic that we could fit July 27th and 28th into a very tight calendar. We will soon confirm the other 2019 GRC calendar entries. I am also very excited that Atte Varsta has joined our team and will take an important role for our success as GRC Commercial Director.Ē

Atte Varsta says: ĒIn recent years Rallycross has become one of the most popular motorsports in the world. In my roles at WorldRX teams I have however seen first-hand the cost explosion. When I heard that GRC Europe had its focus on doing world class Rallycross for less than 20% of WorldRX, I had to go and see what it is all about. And here I am being there when we announce Montalegre in our 2019 calendar! It is just fantastic how far GRC Europe has already advanced in achieving its strategic goals. I know now that GRC will play a major role in this sport. I want to thank Max Pucher for his confidence and trust in me. Iím thrilled to be part of the Global Rallycross Europe organisation.Ē

Press Contact: press@grc-europe.com
https://lyddenhill.co.uk/