Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3820826)   #16
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!
I dreamt toto Wolff was doing an interview at his house or something, discussing the decision to replace bottas with ricciardo. Also that should bottas want another ride in f1 Mercedes would help facilitate it. (Don't judge me on what I dream about, ok?)

Weird dream, but that is my prediction: ricciardo to Mercedes, bottas to somewhere like force India or another Mercedes team, in case he needs to be called back from a sooner than expected retirement from hamilton or something.
Old 8 May 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3820831)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
dont see (or rather dont want to see) Kimi retire at the end of the year.

i would assume he wouldn't want to go to an underfunded team or a team that doesnt have potential to win races.

so that said, if Ferrari take Ric i could see Kimi very nicely slotting into that empty RBR seat.
Old 8 May 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3820872)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Don’t see Räikkönen at RBR at ALL. He’ll hang in for the Ferrari dollar then quit. If Hamilton quit unexpectly, Mercedes would call up Ocon and have Bottas already in place.
Old 8 May 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3820887)   #19
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Totally agree.
Old 8 May 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3820921)   #20
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

so that said, if Ferrari take Ric i could see Kimi very nicely slotting into that empty RBR seat.
I think Sainz has his name on that one already. He is currently contracted to Red Bull, just on loan to Renault.
In which case I could see Kimi at Renault should he have to make way for Dan at Ferrari and choose to continue. (He says he still enjoys F1)
Personally, I dont see Ferrari getting rid of Kimi. Seb likes him as his teamate and he is apolitical.
Old 9 May 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3820931)   #21
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Renault (understandably) want to lock Sainz down for the long term

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/e...sainz-1034862/
Old 19 Jul 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3837468)   #22
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First domino falls. Lewis stays for another two.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3837566)   #23
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
First domino falls. Lewis stays for another two.
Astonishing shock news!
Old 19 Jul 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3837569)   #24
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Expected no less. I reckon he’ll see out his career at Mercedes.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3837573)   #25
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
80 million for 2 years driving/racing is a nice pension. I can think of worse things to do..
Old 19 Jul 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3837575)   #26
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
By the end of 2020, he’ll be coming up 36. Still time for a couple of years after that if he still fancies it. Motivation to up sticks and join another team (probably meaning Ferrari)? Maybe not so much.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3837655)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Now Bottas has been confirmed too. Obviously has done a better job this season than his results would suggest. That's why he has been kept.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3837674)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hamilton and Bottas was the obvious pairing for Mercedes. Both quick, both multiple race winners and pole sitters, and they clearly have a great relationship. Why disrupt a winning formula?
Old 21 Jul 2018, 10:14 (Ref:3837799)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Hamilton and Bottas was the obvious pairing for Mercedes. Both quick, both multiple race winners and pole sitters, and they clearly have a great relationship. Why disrupt a winning formula?
Removal of the possibility, however remote, of complacency?
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 21 Jul 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3837820)   #30
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Rumours linking Räikkönen with a return to Sauber - effectively a swap with Leclerc. I’m sceptical, myself.