Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Oct 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4076728)   #151
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Happy team . P47 Gilbern and P52 Galaxie . First time in 2 1/2 years and I’m having a beer . ?
Great results and super impressive Gilbert run. Many beers deserved there, well done all.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4076730)   #152
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done boys so proud of you. The spirit lives on with that little car. Just brilliant. Enjoy that beer Iain.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2021, 22:21 (Ref:4076736)   #153
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great result Iain, David and Peter.

Beer well deserved!
Old 2 Oct 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4076740)   #154
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many congratulations, must have been an awesome experience. Well done.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 23:56 (Ref:4076755)   #155
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great result guys and well done. Safe journey home.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 06:25 (Ref:4076812)   #156
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was a great run, not helped by the first stint problems but my two team mates plugged away and got the result. It's an interesting car to drive, not as quick as a B but better handling. It was an honour to share Gilbert this year. Thank you Mary, Iain and David.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4076814)   #157
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Double kwassants all round for you guys!
Old 3 Oct 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4076821)   #158
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Congratulations to all involved!
Old 3 Oct 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4076832)   #159
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great going, guys. But more importantly, I hope that you really enjoyed yourselves because, surely, that's the reason that we all do or did it.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4076840)   #160
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Iain & all who helped get Gilbert & the Galaxie out there & to the finish !! Was great to see, especially when the 2 cars, (little & large !!) were running together, fo a while.

Nice to catch up with you, Iain, after such a long time & also nice to see 'Lairy Canary' (though now minus the name upfront) doing well in the HTC race.

MartinH
Old 3 Oct 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4076862)   #161
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see you as well . Also good to catch. Up with Eddy V . Just the best to be back at Spa .?
Old 6 Oct 2021, 08:21 (Ref:4077145)   #162
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
…..
It's an interesting car to drive, not as quick as a B but better handling…..
Is not as quick as a B because it is heavier or bigger frontal area or both, probably?
Old 6 Oct 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4077153)   #163
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Is not as quick as a B because it is heavier or bigger frontal area or both, probably?
I think it may be heavier but it sits higher due to its chassis.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4077170)   #164
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Great going, guys. But more importantly, I hope that you really enjoyed yourselves because, surely, that's the reason that we all do or did it.
indeed, best race I've had in years, thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of the damp and dark. I've just got a drive in the Race of Remembrance (Anglesey in mid-November) so am viewing Spa as a practice session
Old 6 Oct 2021, 11:38 (Ref:4077172)   #165
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
indeed, best race I've had in years, thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of the damp and dark. I've just got a drive in the Race of Remembrance (Anglesey in mid-November) so am viewing Spa as a practice session

I've raced at Anglesey in the last of the season November meeting - 12 years ago, before it became the Race of Remembrance, and it can indeed be dark and damp
Old 7 Oct 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4077315)   #166
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I've just got a drive in the Race of Remembrance (Anglesey in mid-November) so am viewing Spa as a practice session
The Irish sea mist may be a problem
Old 24 Apr 2022, 22:56 (Ref:4107903)   #167
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was Mike's sister Mary competing with Gilbert in the Classic K race at Thruxton today ?
Old 25 Apr 2022, 02:03 (Ref:4107913)   #168
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Was Mike's sister Mary competing with Gilbert in the Classic K race at Thruxton today ?
You might be on to something there....
https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=C...1664qu1cks.pdf
Old 25 Apr 2022, 05:45 (Ref:4107923)   #169
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everything points to it being Mary at the wheel, including the fact that it was a Gilbern carrying the number 96, the number Gilbert wore when raced by Mike. If it was, Thruxton's a hell of a place to make your debut !
Old 25 Apr 2022, 05:50 (Ref:4107924)   #170
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Raced with David Smith, i think. DNF on 27 lap, no idea why.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4108001)   #171
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the start of the race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0841.jpg   IMG_0875.jpg   IMG_0908.jpg  

Old 25 Apr 2022, 20:48 (Ref:4108057)   #172
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yes it was Mary's first race, and both she and the car performed well in the 1 hour 2 driver race.
Slight correction to Andy97, it wasn't a DNF but an NC, not classified as we didn't do 80% of the race distance of the class winner (which was a quick Porsche 911)
Schoolboy error which I take the blame for. I had a storming start, getting ahead of the two rows in front. Fought to stay ahead and made them work hard to get back past me. Without a timer in the car I lost track of time and when I saw the pit board with a big arrow I pitted next time around. However it was only 15 minutes gone and Mary wasn't ready to jump in so I did another lap and handed over, the intention being to give Mary plenty of track time and maximum experience. I had said show me the board for a couple of laps so I know where to look, and it was this that was my undoing.
By the finish we were a couple of laps short of 80% target hence the NC. Worse still I think it means Mary won't get an upgrade signature so we may need to do another meeting to ensure she gets 6 this season.
Taking the positives there were several lessons learned, and with a blue sky and a lot of sun it was otherwise a perfect day's racing. Mike would have been mighty proud of his little sister - I know I am. Onwards and upwards !
Old 25 Apr 2022, 21:00 (Ref:4108058)   #173
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it was me. You don't miss much and even noticed the number! The pictures show David behind the wheel. We did finish and it was amazing though I knew I was a wee bit slower than the rest of the group. Still it's early days.... such a shame about the NC result .....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Old 26 Apr 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4108085)   #174
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Bell View Post
Yes it was me. You don't miss much and even noticed the number! The pictures show David behind the wheel. We did finish and it was amazing though I knew I was a wee bit slower than the rest of the group. Still it's early days.... such a shame about the NC result .....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Should have stuck to the bike, Mary.

PS I still have your picture safe, and will try and return them, possibly via Ian.

Bob
Old 30 May 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4112106)   #175
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Good luck for next weekend with the CSCC at Brands, I'll be viewing and cheering from the South Bank terraces as usual, such an iconic car with Mike's memories.