Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jan 2022, 21:29 (Ref:4094328)   #426
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
By Craig Scarborough

I don't think I've even seen such an arrangement behind the front wheels with the sidepod sloping down, instead of tapering inward like modern LMPs or just meeting the wheel arch like prototypes from 15+ years ago.

While at the back, the two winglets sit above huge BHHs, unlike with Ferrari FXX and some other cars that also sport them.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 18 Jan 2022 at 21:34.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 15:27 (Ref:4094397)   #427
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's fascinating, and it does seem to include some aerodynamic approaches which are outside of the norm that's been almost settled on with prototypes for a while now. I think it's an incredibly positive thing that there's a set of regulations which allows for innovation in this way (yes, it's artificial to an extent, but so are all regs).

Will it work? No idea, and I'm not going to pretend to be an armchair aerodynamicist. I can't imagine that the fluid dynamics team at Peugeot Sport is entirely comprised of idiots though - if they think this will work, it would be a bit surprising if they didn't have a good chunk of simulation data to back that up well before the first bit of carbon fibre was produced. Simulations are never the same as a track test, but these days that gap is a lot smaller than it was even just a few years ago.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4094399)   #428
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The key to whether things work or not could well be down to how flexible they are.

They will all hit the right numbers in the wind tunnel in the situation it is there. But how easy is it, is he performance peaky, or maintained in a variety of conditions. Will the limited tuning they have be useful. It’s quite a challenge to switch what you optimize to. No longer is it outright performance.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4094411)   #429
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The key to whether things work or not could well be down to how flexible they are.

They will all hit the right numbers in the wind tunnel in the situation it is there. But how easy is it, is he performance peaky, or maintained in a variety of conditions. Will the limited tuning they have be useful. It’s quite a challenge to switch what you optimize to. No longer is it outright performance.
Indeed. This is exactly what's happened in LMP2. The Ligier, in the right conditions, can be a faster car than the Oreca - but the Oreca is quick anywhere at any time.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4094424)   #430
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must say, they've gone up in my estimation just because they're trying something a bit different. I'm not really a fan of Peugeot but it's much more interesting than the generally pretty safe routes we've seen from others.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 18:56 (Ref:4094431)   #431
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes, and which aerodynamic element was made adjustable is still a mystery. I'm not seeing much of a spoiler where I expected to see an adjustable one.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4094574)   #432
peetleouf
Rookie

France
Drôme
peetleouf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just imagine! A livery that is not white or red, that's the real innovation!
Old 20 Jan 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4094606)   #433
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetleouf View Post
It's not that different from the ByKolles LMP1 liveries. It's not like they went with pink or something (that'd be cool).
Old 20 Jan 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4094612)   #434
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetleouf View Post

not yet...
Old 20 Jan 2022, 22:47 (Ref:4094649)   #435
JoeF
Rookie

JoeF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Short video clip:

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-wing/7386803/
Old 21 Jan 2022, 18:35 (Ref:4094790)   #436
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
B Sport on the latest aero changes
https://youtu.be/txf141fyCM8
Old 22 Jan 2022, 03:06 (Ref:4094837)   #437
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!

Old 22 Jan 2022, 10:00 (Ref:4094844)   #438
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's getting closer to happening all the time. Them going radical with the design could actually work, but we'll see. Have to see them at the official tests to see where they are at with the car
Old 22 Jan 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4094868)   #439
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Note how they switched for an F1-style airbox on the roof.
Old 22 Jan 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4094880)   #440
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
TBH, the track version looks hideous
Old 31 Jan 2022, 11:08 (Ref:4096818)   #441
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
My hunch is, that this will get a rear wing before it hits the track proper, even if its a tiny tea tray. The options for tuning handling are just too great to ignore and yes you can adjust rear ride height to tune aero, but then by doing so you also adjust the suspension geometry slightly. It would make more sense to be able to tweak a tiny rear wing (imo).

I get a whiff of the Nissan LMP1 effort thinking behind this decision to avoid a rear wing.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 15:14 (Ref:4096851)   #442
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
TBH, the track version looks hideous
Yep, only it's mother could consider it pretty - from the front, anyway.....
Old 31 Jan 2022, 20:32 (Ref:4096906)   #443
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
My hunch is, that this will get a rear wing before it hits the track proper, even if its a tiny tea tray. The options for tuning handling are just too great to ignore and yes you can adjust rear ride height to tune aero, but then by doing so you also adjust the suspension geometry slightly. It would make more sense to be able to tweak a tiny rear wing (imo).
As I understand it - the car is only permitted to have one adjustable aero feature, and that feature is already present in another part of the car. So, adding a rear wing means you have a fixed wing, regardless of circuit.
Old 1 Feb 2022, 01:01 (Ref:4096926)   #444
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well they at least have an award to add to their shelf already according to S365:

"**The Peugeot 9X8 was awarded the ‘Hypercar of the Year’ grand prize at the 37th annual Festival Automobile held in France lsat week. The manufacturer’s in-development LMH contender was designed by a team led by Matthias Hossann."

https://sportscar365.com/features/ro...undup-1-31-22/
Old 1 Feb 2022, 09:18 (Ref:4096945)   #445
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well they at least have an award to add to their shelf already according to S365:

"**The Peugeot 9X8 was awarded the ‘Hypercar of the Year’ grand prize at the 37th annual Festival Automobile held in France lsat week. The manufacturer’s in-development LMH contender was designed by a team led by Matthias Hossann."

https://sportscar365.com/features/ro...undup-1-31-22/
Bizarre. It hasn't even turned a wheel in anger yet.....
Old 9 Feb 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4097969)   #446
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but imo the new Cadillac looks better. I just think it won a cool award but it needs to win races. Let's see
Old 9 Feb 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4097983)   #447
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but imo the new Cadillac looks better. I just think it won a cool award but it needs to win races. Let's see
well to be fair, we haven't seen the caddy, just a render driving around. There are at least some pics/videos of a real car for the Peug. Or did I miss something besides the press release video today?
Old 10 Feb 2022, 21:24 (Ref:4098154)   #448
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
well to be fair, we haven't seen the caddy, just a render driving around. There are at least some pics/videos of a real car for the Peug. Or did I miss something besides the press release video today?
Whatever it was that Cadillac showed looked great. In my eyes better than the Peugeot render. But both are really nice to look at. Hopefully I can see them on track together!
Old 11 Feb 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4098266)   #449
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Whatever it was that Cadillac showed looked great. In my eyes better than the Peugeot render. But both are really nice to look at. Hopefully I can see them on track together!
I agree and the new regulations provide the opportunity for different shapes. I hope we get that variety on the grid in the next couple of years - and if they actually use different colors schemes in the top class it would be even better!
Old 14 Feb 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4098615)   #450
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Well, interesting news from Pug today, on whether they will make it to Le Mans or not....

...will also be interesting that if they dont, how flexible the ACO/WEC will be on letting them race the last couple of rounds in 2022

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...ision/8165306/