Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Feb 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4098783)   #51
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am pretty sure that our Bob will be back to his normal self Tout De Suite with vastly improved sight to correct the errors of photographic ways! I had my cataracts done a few years ago, and couldn't believe the huge improvement that had been achieved, having had to wear specs since the age of about 2 because I kept on bumping into things.

My optician tells me that I now meet the minimum requirements to drive without the need for glasses, after being almost incapable of not wearing specs all the time.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4098905)   #52
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The surgery seems to have gone well, as it should I suppose, being a routine operation. The eye was rather uncomfortable last night but is much better this morning. So thank you anybody who cared.
Five weeks, and then an eye test to establish when the left eye is done.

Got to stop now.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4098908)   #53
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad it went well, Bob
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 16 Feb 2022, 10:26 (Ref:4098917)   #54
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good stuff, Bob! I am sure that you will be amazed at the improvement as well as finding that things are a somewhat different colouring to what you previously thought because everything will be so much brighter.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4098922)   #55
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news it's gone well, Bob.

No doubt you'll find yourself humming a certain Johnny Nash song.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4098928)   #56
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post

Very apt.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4098933)   #57
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post

I don't remember him doing a version of 'I can see clearly now my cataract's been done'...
Old 16 Feb 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4098936)   #58
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I don't remember him doing a version of 'I can see clearly now my cataract's been done'...

This was more what I was thinking. https://youtu.be/Q0iqg2UanEc

.... but that has no "Now my cataracts are done" line either.....
Old 16 Feb 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4098951)   #59
bauble
Veteran

England
" I can Deirdre now..... " trouble is my wife is Judith!
Old 16 Feb 2022, 14:52 (Ref:4098955)   #60
bauble
Veteran

England
Never mind.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4098970)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just spotted this. Glad you are recovering Baub.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4098978)   #62
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
This is what happens when your prostate costs you an arm and one eye!
Old 16 Feb 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4098983)   #63
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
This is what happens when your prostate costs you an arm and one eye!
Gerard I can now see where I P.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4099052)   #64
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear all went well... Does that mean we'll have some in-focus photos this year?
Old 17 Feb 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4099061)   #65
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Glad to hear all went well... Does that mean we'll have some in-focus photos this year?
Blimey you are brave!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 17 Feb 2022, 14:22 (Ref:4099085)   #66
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Blimey you are brave!!
He'd be better off sticking to playing the ukelele, he's just as out of tune, with every one else.

There's gratitude, teach him everything he knows, and all you get is insults*

* The blighter is right, which is worse
Old 17 Feb 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4099094)   #67
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Blimey you are brave!!
Not that brave - but I know that Bauble is currently without a car, so unable to get to me

Having said that... I've just remembered that he has friends in high places!
Old 17 Feb 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4099145)   #68
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Having said that... I've just remembered that he has friends in high places!
Well, if you're after a good second hand Morgan now…