Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 17 May 2000, 07:30 (Ref:3542)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only a week away!! And four mini races, plus one for MG's, it's almost too good to be true!! But then again we do have a Proton race...

Have a feeling that I might be on Quarry for this one - but I reckon that Camp is the place to be for mini's..

Any news???
Old 17 May 2000, 17:08 (Ref:3543)   #2
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No news really,
Gus Singh looking doubtfull for the Pagid race, he has major over heating probs
But Rick Rowles should be Racing
So Dan, are you not a big fan of the protons then????? I think they arn't too bad, a bit quiet though.
Old 17 May 2000, 17:19 (Ref:3544)   #3
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if there will be a sign saying "Welcome to Heaven" at the gate...

Never seen the Protons - are they gutless shopping cars?

Better stock up on film, methinks. Does 6 films seem excessive? No, of course not - it's Minis!!!
Old 18 May 2000, 06:54 (Ref:3545)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do people want to race Protons??? Just don't understand it really!!! Anyway, there's usually only about eight of them and they're soooo quiet.. Not really my cup of tea!!

But minis should make up for it!!!

I'll let you know how I get on in Belguim this weekend... just praying for the wind to drop a little for my ferry crossing, otherwise it may be a premature hangover for me (nasty)...
Old 18 May 2000, 18:07 (Ref:3546)   #5
Graham
Veteran

Call me irrepressibly thick and crass if you want, but what are you doing in Belgium then? Racing? Marshalling?
Old 23 May 2000, 07:18 (Ref:3547)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Went to Belguim, to Zolder.. to marshal at the BARC meeting out there.

Lots of fun with good cars, and an excellent circuit, if a little damp on Sunday.

BOSS cars were very quick, but as per usual lacked numbers.

Formula Saloons on Saturday was the best race of the weekend.
Old 23 May 2000, 19:44 (Ref:3548)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Call me irrepressibly thick and crass if you want<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK then!!!
Old 23 May 2000, 20:17 (Ref:3549)   #8
Graham
Veteran

I knew I was asking for trouble

Dan, where are you marshalling at Combe this weekend?
Old 24 May 2000, 06:48 (Ref:3550)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Wouldn't miss Combe for anything..... Although the Girlfriend's starting to get a bit miffed, but she knew the deal from day one.... (also going to Cadwell Park twice in June - may have to miss Le Mans then!!!)

Hopefully at Quarry for Monday, although Camp would be pretty good for Minis..
Old 24 May 2000, 16:14 (Ref:3551)   #10
Graham
Veteran

I'll probably wander around the circuit, but Quarry is always a favourite. I'll look out for you - what do you wear apart from the orange stuff?
Old 24 May 2000, 18:24 (Ref:3552)   #11
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan
You lucky fellow going to Zolder when I was working and living in Holland Zolder was in fact only 20 mins from my house so I have been their many times.
Will be their on Monday will wave but what this man Dan looks like WE have no clue?????

WELL CAN'T KEEP THIS SECRET MUCH LONGER WELL
IT' A GOD DAMM ( MINI )ADVISE ON ALL THING'S MINI(RACING)NEEDED & REQUIRED MAIL ME

PS.HAVE A SOLID SHELL ALREADY
And it will be a good one mark my word's

( MAD RICK )
Old 24 May 2000, 21:31 (Ref:3553)   #12
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
So to sum up Rick, your mad and racing a Mini next year
Are you sticking to the combe championship, or branching out a little like the Broadheads have done, racing in the Toyo Cup??
Old 25 May 2000, 07:08 (Ref:3554)   #13
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
This is excellent news, a new mini!!! But will it be at Combe??? Sounds like you need to invest in a few copies of 'Mini World'!! What engine are you looking at?? I have a few addresses (from my own mini days).. And a solid shell, somewhat of a rarity in the mini world!!!

Hopefully be at Quarry, so I'll make sure I make it obvious who I am... If I get he chance, I'll come visit in the Paddock..
Old 25 May 2000, 09:22 (Ref:3555)   #14
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Dan, Rick told me he will be in Class C of the saloon car cup, I just thought maybe he will go elsewhere too.
He also told me that he is planning a MED engine. Doesn't mean a lot to me, but I know the Broadheads have MED engines
Old 25 May 2000, 12:04 (Ref:3556)   #15
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Looks like it's Post C for me, which is Quarry Out, so may see you there Rick (hopefully not in the tyres)....
Old 25 May 2000, 21:19 (Ref:3557)   #16
CAR 42
Rookie

That's it boys Mad Rick's finaly surcome to the pressure

Well lets get back to Monday I have now been given two new 3mtr x 3mtr Gazebo's so there's no getting wet or cold in anymore in my pit

THE MEGA MINI
well its all been stripped and have found only two rust holes in the boot in the far corner and one sill is naff the rest is solid
must be lucky considering I only paid £25.00
for it
Pictures to follow if I can get someone to tell me how to attach to a reply
Help!!!

RICK

Old 26 May 2000, 07:01 (Ref:3558)   #17
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
25 quid for a shell - bloody hell, you have some good contacts!!!!

I've been politley informed that Post C is Quarry In, and that I should've really known that after marshalling for seven years... might see you there then Rick????

Also, applying for a job that earns enough money to get me on the grid for next year, you never know...

Are you going to put in a pucka roll cage, or just a Roll Centre type job??? I always got the impression that it helped loads if you could get that chassis as stiff as possible - ie Julian Howells..
Old 28 May 2000, 15:48 (Ref:3559)   #18
Denise@terranovus
Rookie

Denise@terranovus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope the weather improves for Combe tomorrow or we'll all need water-wings!

Oh sorry I should introduce myself..... I race a Mini Se7en and will be flying (or maybe swimming) around Combe tomorrow! I like Combe it's such a nice circuit to race at - very relaxed towards spectators too in comparison to other circuits anyway.

If you get the chance come into the Paddock and say hello - if you want to take a closer look at the car then that's available too. We'll be very easy to find at the top end of the paddock close to the road right by the competitors entrance. I'm No 21 white with blue squares..... Look for the team truck - Pitstop.

Camp is a good place to wath Mini's we're on the limit and pushing to get round Camp fast for the run up to Avon. See you there...

Old 28 May 2000, 17:50 (Ref:3560)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Denise,

You might like to pass on your thoughts about racing and race organisation etc. In the Racer's Forum. You may already realise that this of course is the Combe/Mini forum.
Old 28 May 2000, 17:56 (Ref:3561)   #20
CAR 42
Rookie

Well hopefully its wet it seems to equal things up a bit for me
I will try and pop round I need as much info as I can if I am going to race a mini next year

MAD RICK
Old 28 May 2000, 18:13 (Ref:3562)   #21
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Hello there Denise, Welcome to the Castle Combe appriciation society
You will find that this section of the forum swings a little in the direction of Castle Combe, and club racing in general.
I will be around tomorow, so will no doubt have to pop along and say hi
I am sure Graham, Ten-Tenths' real mini nut, will be drooling over the cars too
Old 28 May 2000, 21:44 (Ref:3563)   #22
Graham
Veteran

Hope to be there on the morrow.

A Mini Se7en racer in here at last. Hooray for sanity! I shall make sure I take a 'few' pics Remember to wave at Quarry, Camp and Bobbies.

I want it to rain so I get some dramatic pics, but I want it to be sunny so everything isn't dark. Ho hum.

I've bought 6 films - man, no Mini in the land is safe now!

Is their a membership fee for this Society? Or is it a rigorous initiation test?

When's the Castle Combe book out?

[This message has been edited by Graham (edited 28 May 2000).]
Old 28 May 2000, 21:52 (Ref:3564)   #23
Graham
Veteran

Does anyone know how JH is getting along in the Monopostos?
Old 29 May 2000, 07:46 (Ref:3565)   #24
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
The book is out in time for the 50th aneversarie meeting, and I will find out about JH for you.
Old 29 May 2000, 18:18 (Ref:3566)   #25
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Well, a stonking day at Combe, and more than one very badly damaged LM300's....Ouch.
The minis were great fun, and Rick (Car42) had a good race in the Pagid championship.
Protons, one thing to say, BORING
They really were not that good
Poped along to the Pitstop Truck, but noone was there
Ahwell.
Finally met Jeff, but still no Graham!!
Are you real or just an ten-tenths ghost
No, do you where a TVR coat?? 'cause we saw someone who did, taking lots of pictures of minis