Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3824171)   #1051
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Good question! Whatever did happen to that usf1 team?

They made toasters...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 May 2018, 05:50 (Ref:3824337)   #1052
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And they robbed López. Pechito had to refund to their sponsors the 830,000 usd they took from him.
Old 24 May 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3824350)   #1053
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
They made toasters...
Microwaves!

Old 24 May 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3824386)   #1054
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's Haas
Old 24 May 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3824448)   #1055
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe USF1 actually went on to make several products. Mostly false hope, impossible dreams and lots of money for lawyers and creditors as the entire thing collapsed so hard that they were banned from competing in FIA competitions and fined a quarter of a million dollars.

All in all, that's above average for a potential new F1 team, so not bad.
Old 25 May 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3824515)   #1056
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's Haas

Old 25 May 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3824546)   #1057
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
USF1 actually had a design of their car and also signed James Rossiter alongside Lopez. Just a shame they didn’t get further than that
Old 26 May 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3824731)   #1058
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
USF1 actually had a design of their car and also signed James Rossiter alongside Lopez. Just a shame they didn’t get further than that
They also inspired a cool parody series Here

Peter Windsor & Ken Anderson play F1 team owners...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 May 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3824937)   #1059
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, gearbox failure and no Monaco points for the supposedly well tuned McLaren chassis...
Old 27 May 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3824940)   #1060
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Honda got a few though. And every other Renault-powered car bar none.
Old 27 May 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3825049)   #1061
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But McLaren have the best chassis on the grid....
Old 31 May 2018, 07:34 (Ref:3825806)   #1062
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

There is a strong reason I renamed "Leighton House McLaren" to this team.
Don't make a mess on it.
Old 31 May 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3825807)   #1063
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
It seems somebody who knows the battles of psychological warfare seems to do the battle of Trafalgar on this matter.
And am adamant to do this reflection.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3831899)   #1064
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So... It is the Daily Mail... But I wonder if there is a nugget of truth buried in this article?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...g-F1-team.html

Richard
Old 20 Jun 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3832068)   #1065
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
So... It is the Daily Mail... But I wonder if there is a nugget of truth buried in this article?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...g-F1-team.html

Richard
From the above:

Welcome back Martin, bye bye Zac?

"Whitmarsh, who spent 25 years at McLaren before being leaving as team principal in 2014, is a potentially influential ally because of his close links to the company's shareholders, especially his long-time friend, the French-Saudi Arabian billionaire Mansour Ojjeh.Whitmarsh, who spent 25 years at McLaren before being leaving as team principal in 2014, is a potentially influential ally because of his close links to the company's shareholders, especially his long-time friend, the French-Saudi Arabian billionaire Mansour Ojjeh. Whitmarsh, who spent 25 years at McLaren before being leaving as team principal in 2014, is a potentially influential ally because of his close links to the company's shareholders, especially his long-time friend, the French-Saudi Arabian billionaire Mansour Ojjeh."

Good swap if it happens imo!
Old 20 Jun 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3832083)   #1066
S griffin
Veteran

At this rate, Ron Dennis will make another comeback at some point!
Old 20 Jun 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3832099)   #1067
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
At this rate, Ron Dennis will make another comeback at some point!
Old 20 Jun 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3832112)   #1068
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stranger things have happened in F1.......
Old 20 Jun 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3832115)   #1069
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RD will only come back to oust Whitmarsh again!

it is all a bit concerning though...when RD was being ousted from the board there was (iirc) apparently a group of Mclaren staffers who were loyal to him/ fighting on his behalf.

due to the assertion that Whitmarsh's still has a strong connection with Ojjeh, i would assume that the RD faction is a different group to those who are now directly communicating with Whitmarsh (which is in and of itself is troubling).

sounds very game of thrones over there!

speaking of TV shows, there is an upcoming Amazon documentary about Mclaren's difficult 2017 season...starting to sound like there will be enough palace intrigue for a season 2 if the series continues!
Old 20 Jun 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3832119)   #1070
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
R

speaking of TV shows, there is an upcoming Amazon documentary about Mclaren's difficult 2017 season...starting to sound like there will be enough palace intrigue for a season 2 if the series continues!
That documentary has been out since February. Was meant to be about Stoffel but it transformed into a four parter more about the McLaren Honda difficulties.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3832126)   #1071
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
RD will only come back to oust Whitmarsh again!

it is all a bit concerning though...when RD was being ousted from the board there was (iirc) apparently a group of Mclaren staffers who were loyal to him/ fighting on his behalf.

due to the assertion that Whitmarsh's still has a strong connection with Ojjeh, i would assume that the RD faction is a different group to those who are now directly communicating with Whitmarsh (which is in and of itself is troubling).

What also has to be considered is that a) RD and MW are also old friends, going back many years (isn't he a god-parent to one of Martin's children, or am I imagining that?), with their respective families spending considerable time with each other, and b) RD's friendship with Mansoor goes back to the days when he created the current McLaren group out of his own racing team.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3832129)   #1072
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What also has to be considered is that a) RD and MW are also old friends, going back many years (isn't he a god-parent to one of Martin's children, or am I imagining that?), with their respective families spending considerable time with each other, and b) RD's friendship with Mansoor goes back to the days when he created the current McLaren group out of his own racing team.
How close are either of those friendships these days though?

As previously mentioned Ron wanted Martin gone a few years back and latterly MO was involved in the 'removal' or Ron from McLaren as a whole.

Unless all have said hey it was only business and are still great mates?
Old 20 Jun 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3832135)   #1073
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would RD even be allowed back? He lost his case at the High Court and was subsequently removed from his position in November 2016. He then sold 25% of his shares in McLaren Technology Group back to the other shareholders, as well as his shares in McLaren Automotive, in June last year.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3832138)   #1074
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't know about Ron & Martin but as far as I'm aware Mansoor fell out severely with Ron which was what led to Ron's removal (or lack of backing from the board) from McLaren.
I'd be pleased to see Mr Whitmarsh back in F1, to me (and this was only based on what I saw in TV interviews, I've never met the man) he seemed to be very honest and straightforward, not like this smarmy, layered on with a shovel, positive spin BS we get from Zak Brown!
Old 20 Jun 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3832139)   #1075
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
How close are either of those friendships these days though?

As previously mentioned Ron wanted Martin gone a few years back and latterly MO was involved in the 'removal' or Ron from McLaren as a whole.

Unless all have said hey it was only business and are still great mates?

Well, it needs to be borne in mind that Martin remained actually working in the Technology Centre at Woking for nearly a year after he was removed from his position as Team Principle; not gardening leave, but actually in gainful employment under Ron. And, so I believe, they still socialised after he was ousted.

As for RD and MO, that may also be a case of "business" only. They fell out over RD's attempt to sell McLaren to the Japanese, which didn't go down well with MO or the Bahrainis, either. And RD obviously has a reasonable relationship with them because he is yet to be paid anywhere near in full for all his shareholding, even though he has relinquished all his voting rights that went with that shareholding.