Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2644193)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race Retro Stoneleigh March 12/13/14 2010

Anybody from here coming along? I've got my usual stand in Hall 2, number A2 backing on to the restaurant - come up and say "Hi"!

There are no stars or famous people to see apart from me - oh and MGDavid on Sunday - but a warm welcome extended to all, especially if you're bearing beer!

Max
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2644195)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I might go on Friday, do you need to pre book, I object to paying See Tickets commission.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2644223)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Anybody from here coming along? I've got my usual stand in Hall 2, number A2 backing on to the restaurant - come up and say "Hi"!

There are no stars or famous people to see apart from me - oh and MGDavid on Sunday - but a warm welcome extended to all, especially if you're bearing beer!

Max
Should be there Friday, Max. Will try and find you- just about getting used to the layout of the place
Old 3 Mar 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2644317)   #4
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can only make Sunday - Friday = work work work, Saturday = Driver CPC training. I hate going on the last day of any show, all anyone wants to do is pack up and go home, oh well.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2644319)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am due to be over at the 'Other place' next week,now torn between staying on for a track-day or coming home Thursday evening and onto Stoneleigh Friday,Max,got a kettle?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2644350)   #6
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coming down Friday or Saturday - never been before. I've just bought a '69 MGB to restore and tempted to drive it down but I might chicken out and come down in something more (hopefully) reliable!

Any views re Fri or Sat being best day? Gary
Old 3 Mar 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2644376)   #7
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the Friday, both to have a natter, and to get my 12-lead resting ECG done.

Oh, and I'm possibly in the market for a new race suit...

Regards,

James

Quote:

Max
Old 3 Mar 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2644430)   #8
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Intending to go on Saturday, as have to work Friday.

Tim, it's cheaper to buy the tickets in advance, even including the seeticket commission and it looks like they are no longer charging extra for car parking.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2644665)   #9
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I am going to be there on Friday with the rest of the Alfa crowd, dumpster diving in the autojumble.
Nick
Old 4 Mar 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2644786)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terence - YES - well, I'll have a standing order with the coffee stand by then

Gary - I'd come Friday, more race people there. We're MG people so come and have a chat - and bring photos! I used to race an MGB or two.

SZR -

I like RR from a social point of view. Spend so much time talking that I don't get much work done! (Shhh, don't let Mrs MM hear that LOL!)
Old 4 Mar 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2644797)   #11
gilduffy
Rookie

gilduffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Retro

Max I will be there for the duration on the MG Midget Challenge stand

We are on N140 in Hall 3. We don't have a kettle but we are next to the Caf, bar and presentation stage Do come and say hello!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2644838)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope to come either Saturday or Sunday. What are the demo's this year - presumably rally cars outside and what about in the far hall? Looked at the H and H auction website and it looks a pretty shabby auction with a few rally cars with modern history and a Mini which was a show car yet has been reshelled (so presumably the V5 is the only original part) which I thought I saw last year possibly at the Goodwood auction.... shame as they have had some nice rally cars there before
Old 4 Mar 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2644930)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be on the CSCC stand on friday. Not sure what cars we have on display - I think there should be 3 or 4 cars - apart from one Alfa Sud that racers with us in "Tin Tops".
Old 4 Mar 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2644931)   #14
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilduffy View Post
Max I will be there for the duration on the MG Midget Challenge stand

We are on N140 in Hall 3. We don't have a kettle but we are next to the Caf, bar and presentation stage Do come and say hello!
See you there then Gil - Peter May's stand as usual?

I'm Midgetlessmax now as I've sold my racer, so will I still be welcome LOL? And I'm not in the market for a green class A car
Old 4 Mar 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2644965)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will probably be going, got room in the car for a big un Cliff?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2645132)   #16
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I will probably be going, got room in the car for a big un Cliff?
Of course, it's a big car Al and you need to turn up with your posse
Old 4 Mar 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2645135)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Absolutely, I baggsy riding shotgun!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2645139)   #18
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Whatever you say, boss
Old 7 Mar 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2646835)   #19
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know where to view a list of exhibtors please? The website has downloads for the floorplans listed under Exhibitor Info but I can't find any details. Would be nice to see the layout in advance to see what particular exhibitors will be there and where to find them (a la Classic Car Show).
Old 8 Mar 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2647241)   #20
midgetman
Veteran

I don't think they do one Gary - one of my beefs.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2647259)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Classic Touring Car Racing Club will have two stands with race cars on display.

Maybe as there is nothing from the organisers the clubs and companies that are displaying could post here and let us know.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2647276)   #22
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
There is a list of last years exhibitors that'll be there this year, not a lot of help I know but at least it's a start.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2647432)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was planning on going as previously mentioned,but now [saddly] I have to stay over in Spa till Sunday!.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2647540)   #24
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
I don't think they do one Gary - one of my beefs.
Odd isn't it? Having not been before it just gave rise (briefly) to the suspicion that exhibitors were a bit thin on the ground. Surely one way of 'selling' any event would be to properly advertise who will be there and where located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
There is a list of last years exhibitors that'll be there this year, not a lot of help I know but at least it's a start.
Thanks Tim - hadn't noticed that before. If this year is anything like that then it should be good.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2647542)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
It was good last year as it happens.