Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Aug 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3290604)   #51
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very nice Mike - I had hoped the Jaguar Mk2 would be ready in time but had to admit defeat about a week ago and switch it for the Sabre Six, good news is taht it did it last year so presumably knows its way round!!
Old 22 Aug 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3292775)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Woodcote

Full grid of 64 and a dozen reserves!

It is the best meeting.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3292930)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
As this meeting draws closer I must say bit sad bwill not be there this year.Booked to go to Aunguleme at start of the year. Roll on 2014 as Mike says,the 6 hours awaits us.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3292940)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few of us were going to enter this year,but the guy who own's the car has decided that the offer to buy the car from elsewhere was better than letting three instructors loose in it for 6hrs. Cant blame him as the telephone number offer was a little too good to refuse!
We'll have to be content with two full days there starting on the 11th instead.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3293141)   #55
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Woodcote: It is the best meeting.
Loving the 40s / 50s cars. Any very special ones this year?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3293404)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SHADES REQUIRED?

Looking at GP practice yesterday, there seems to have been a lot of red and yellow paint applied at Spa this year!

Perhaps it will have toned down a bit by mid September.....

Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3293420)   #57
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just doing the "Barry" race in Jon's TVR this year; the full 6Hr still an aspiration but it seems that I've been volunteered as pit crew in the main event so I'm getting closer to competing in it!
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3293800)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well looks like we will be attending our first 6 hour's of spa in 4 weeks, tried the usual places we stay at spa but either booked or to expensive so camping and hoping for good weather, unfortunately that means an estae car rather than the Stag but at least we will be there
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3293804)   #59
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Any spare rooms in Francochamps?
Old 26 Aug 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3293985)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
La Source still has rooms John,might get a deal on a block booking.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3294025)   #61
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Cheers

They told me they were full!
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3294031)   #62
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

They are!
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3294043)   #63
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Did you phone them or go through Booking.com? Booking only have a certain amount of rooms etc.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3294082)   #64
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lamaisondessenteurs.be/st...&tab=1&mnuid=2 - See you there?
Old 26 Aug 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3294141)   #65
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thanks gang.

Now awaiting replies from Hotels.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3301127)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Final instructions including timetable are out. On Roadbook.be website, right hand side under title "Log Book".

As usual no entry for competitors until 1900hrs Wednesday. Unless you are doing F1 etc noisy testing that day, in which case no problem.......

Old 9 Sep 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3301220)   #67
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, I'm getting excited about 2014 6hrs. This year have 'only' a shared 90 minute race in GD, but if all goes to plan next year Delta and I will be entering my little Gilbern GT in the main event. Currently resting, it will be Gilbert Gilbern's next big adventure......

You better attend the REAL six hour!!! ha ha
Old 10 Sep 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3301397)   #68
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm afraid I'll be missing the 6 hr this year and putting up with the sun !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Sep 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3301455)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too. Hope everyone going has an enjoyable and successful event. I suspect I'll be back next year though.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3301529)   #70
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I was afraid I was going to be missing it as well. We sent an entry in for Barry Sidery's race and we aint on the list
It seems he mislaid the forms so all sorted now.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3301600)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'm afraid I'll be missing the 6 hr this year and putting up with the sun !
What could be better than being at Spa and putting up with the sun?

Fingers crossed no snow there like in May.....

Glad you've made it Tim. Envy you being in the civilised paddock! I'll wander over and see who else is about at some point.

Old 10 Sep 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3301621)   #72
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I was afraid I was going to be missing it as well. We sent an entry in for Barry Sidery's race and we aint on the list
It seems he mislaid the forms so all sorted now.

Tim,

Just checked the listing and Jon and I don't appear either! Entry posted - does Barry have a backlog of forms to process?
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3301640)   #73
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Tim,

Just checked the listing and Jon and I don't appear either! Entry posted - does Barry have a backlog of forms to process?
No, he said he'd been through all the entries and missed mine out. I think you need to ring home tomorrow and check as he's off to Goodwood shortly. I've had to resend and entry to him and email Vincent my details.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3301740)   #74
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I think you need to ring home tomorrow and check as he's off to Goodwood shortly. I've had to resend and entry to him and email Vincent my details.
Blimey has he got a phone at home now, we used to have to send a telegram or use a pigeon ! I'll probably see him at Goodwood before I fly off and sorry Tim and others no free Larkins at the 6HR this year.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:40 (Ref:3301846)   #75
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Gordon, that should've read ring him, iPad doing Its own thing.