Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Nov 2016, 23:53 (Ref:3689167)   #126
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beaux Barfield was the race director for ALMS prior to the merger, so if you weren't complaining about yellows then...
Old 21 Nov 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3689974)   #127
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couple of updates

Dalla Lana to compete at the Rolex in GTD with Aston Martin Racing: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/as...24-gtd-effort/

Jagonya Ayam looking at doing the race in a Ligier JS P217:http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ja...entry-in-lmp2/

This brings the number of confirmed entries up to 47 and the number of confirmed manufactures up to 14

P (11)
1 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier Nissan DPi
2 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier Nissan DPi
5 Action Express Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
8 Starworks Motorsport Riley Mk. 30 Gibson
10 Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
31 Action Express Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Ligier P217 Gibson
55 SpeedSource Mazda RT24-P
70 SpeedSource Mazda RT24-P
85 JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca 07 Gibson
90 VisitFlorida.com Racing Riley Mk. 30 Gibson

Rumored
1x Rebellion Racing Oreca 07 Gibson
1x Starworks Motorsport Riley Mk. 30 Gibson
1x DragonSpeed Oreca 07 Gibson
1x Penske Racing Oreca 07 Gibson
1x SMP Racing BR Engineering BR01 Nissan
1x Jagonya Ayam Ligier P217 Gibson

PC (5)
7 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
20 BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
26 BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
38 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09
86 JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca FLM09

Rumored
1x Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09

GTLM (12)
3 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
24 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
25 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
66 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
67 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
68 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
01 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
02 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
911 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
912 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR

Rumored
1x Proton Racing Porsche 911 RSR

GTD (19)
6 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
9 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
14 3GT Racing Lexus RC F GT3
15 3GT Racing Lexus RC F GT3
16 Change Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
27 Dream Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
29 Montaplast by Land Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
33 AMG-Team Riley Motorsports Mercedes-AMG GT3
48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
50 Weathertech Racing / Riley Motorsports Mercedes-AMG GT3
51 AF Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
54 CORE Autosport Porsche 911 GT3 R
63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
64 Ebimotors Lamborghini Huracán GT3
73 Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
75 Sandown GT Racing USA Mercedes-AMG GT3
86 Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
93 Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
98 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
1x TRG Porsche 911 GT3 R

Rumored
1x Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS
1x WRT Audi R8 LMS
1/2x Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
1x Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracán GT3
1x Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
1/2x Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
1x Alegra Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
1x Lone Star Racing TBD
1x Sweedler/Bell TBD

Manufacturers (14)
Acura (GTD): 2
Aston Martin (GTD): 1
Audi (GTD): 3
BMW (GTLM): 2
Cadillac (P): 3
Chevrolet (PC, GTLM): 7
Ferrari (GTLM, GTD): 4
Ford (GTLM): 4
Lamborghini (GTD): 4
Lexus (GTD): 2
Mazda (P): 2
Mercedes (GTD): 3
Nissan (P): 2
Porsche (GTLM, GTD): 5

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 21 Nov 2016 at 16:45.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 17:10 (Ref:3689982)   #128
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, this Jeff Gordon/WTR Cadillac DPi rumor popped up on the USCR reddit page: http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/...e-with-driving
Old 21 Nov 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3690017)   #129
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Seeing Turner Motorsports on the rumored list makes me just a weeee bit anxious. I hope it is simply a matter of them not officially confirming their entries yet. With their shop a mere 50 minutes up the highway from me it gives me a great local team to pull for in their racing endeavors be it PWC or IMSA, I hope that they confirm soon!

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 21 Nov 2016 at 20:10.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3690018)   #130
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ja...entry-in-lmp2/
chicken wagon!

i know which hospitality tent ill be at all night
Old 21 Nov 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3690024)   #131
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ja...entry-in-lmp2/
chicken wagon!

i know which hospitality tent ill be at all night
Some of the comments in that SC365 article are just wonderful! As much as I have tried to curb my fast food intake in recent years (successfully so), I feel if they indeed go through with this entry...the amount of profit that all parties involved could garner if they tried to set up some sort of 'Grand KFC Buffet' in their hospitality tent would be fantastic, hehe.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3690029)   #132
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't like KFC but I do like the Kentucky Fried Ligier.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3690169)   #133
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far this is shaping up to be the best Rolex in a long time .... if we can just get through the post-Roar BoP with something resembling equity among top chassis in all classes ....
Old 23 Nov 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3690609)   #134
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Either way I still plan on going up there just to see what's going on since I'm pretty close and have the day off Tuesday, and at the very least Ill take the track tour to catch a glimpse of the test activities.
Didja scoot over there? If so, what's the lowdown on being able to get out to the stands (or not) for any occasion? Thanks.

jimclark
Old 24 Nov 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3690706)   #135
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Rumored
1x SMP Racing BR Engineering BR01 Nissan
Are they still allowed to race that car?
Old 24 Nov 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3690707)   #136
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Are they still allowed to race that car?
It's legal in ELMS and AsLMS. I didn't think it was legal in IMSA.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3690720)   #137
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It's legal in ELMS and AsLMS. I didn't think it was legal in IMSA.
As I recall 2016-era P2s are legal but have to run with 2016 BoP, which means the car will be significantly underpowered.

Last edited by Maelochs; 24 Nov 2016 at 13:43.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3690722)   #138
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
AsI recall 2016-era P2s are legal but have to run with 2016 BoP, which means the car will be significantly underpowered.
Also Graham nixed that rumor in one of his more recent artilces.

Also Alegra Motorports got their Porsche for the 24 https://www.facebook.com/Alegra-Moto...0366207985711/
Old 24 Nov 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3690751)   #139
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Also Alegra Motorports got their Porsche for the 24 https://www.facebook.com/Alegra-Moto...0366207985711/
It won't make any difference... the lmp2 nissan revs up to 7000rpm because beyond can't sustain and inexorably will fail. To get more power, a NA engine need to consume more fuel and rev higher. There's no point to pimp the engine and then junk it a pair of hours later
Old 24 Nov 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3690779)   #140
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Also Graham nixed that rumor in one of his more recent artilces. [/url]
I am not a DSC subscriber .... but I do not recall seeing anything contradicting IMSA's annoucement that 2016 P2s (or DPs) would not get performance breaks.

Marshall Pruett said this in a March, 2016 Racer article: (http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...ply-and-demand) "It's worth noting the option to use the grandfather clause sounds more attractive in print than it has been presented to some teams who've inquired about bringing 2015-2016-spec P2 coupes into the new DPi era. A Honda representative told RACER it was informed by IMSA that grandfathered P2s will not be competitive in 2017, and with the series controlling the Balance of Performance tables for the class, the message regarding grandfathered cars could be: If you want a chance to win, bring something new. At this early stage, it makes the idea of racing an ARX-04b, BR01, Ligier JS P2, or ORECA 05 – anything other than a new DPi or WEC P2 chassis – less than compelling."

Not disputing what you say, just saying I cannot find anything from IMSA or any other source, without more than eight minutes' searching.

What did Mr. Goodwin say IMSA was doing with the Gibson engine vs. DPi motors?
Old 24 Nov 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3690784)   #141
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Erm, you realise that DSC has been free for years, right?
Old 24 Nov 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3690791)   #142
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What 'rumor' would that be? As the statement(s) directly from IMSA officials that 2016 P-2s will be legal but would not be BoPed to the level of the new cars is not rumor.
Or are you confusing the rumor that the ACO was going to reel in the new P-2s, with what Maelochs said?

L.P.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3690836)   #143
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
What 'rumor' would that be? As the statement(s) directly from IMSA officials that 2016 P-2s will be legal but would not be BoPed to the level of the new cars is not rumor.
Or are you confusing the rumor that the ACO was going to reel in the new P-2s, with what Maelochs said?

L.P.
No the rumor that SMP would be at the Rolex with a BR01

Quote:
DSC understands that a potential entry for a BR01 at Daytona is now not under active consideration as the numbers of new spec P2s and DPis rises.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...e-decided.html
Old 25 Nov 2016, 02:20 (Ref:3690837)   #144
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Didja scoot over there? If so, what's the lowdown on being able to get out to the stands (or not) for any occasion? Thanks.
I was able to get in the stands for about 10 minutes by taking the track tour. Otherwise they were totally closed off to spectators. All gates are closed and guarded. I don't know if that was just for this test or for all future test sessions.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 04:21 (Ref:3690855)   #145
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks. I'll be passing by on my way further north, I'll stop in and check.

jimclark
Old 25 Nov 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3690885)   #146
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
No the rumor that SMP would be at the Rolex with a BR01 http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...e-decided.html
Thanks for the clarification.

I couldn't see any reason for SMP to bring a car over. IMSA's wave-by rules mean that a slower car can't really hope to win via reliability. I could see 50+ doing it, but no competitive team.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3690983)   #147
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

I couldn't see any reason for SMP to bring a car over. IMSA's wave-by rules mean that a slower car can't really hope to win via reliability. I could see 50+ doing it, but no competitive team.
It will be interesting to see how many of the 11-14 P entries can run 24 hours trouble-free out of the box. If there is a lot of attrition we may be looking at a GTLM victor.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3691004)   #148
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It will be interesting to see how many of the 11-14 P entries can run 24 hours trouble-free out of the box. If there is a lot of attrition we may be looking at a GTLM victor.
I just do not see that many teething problems, IMO a Prototype will win Daytona. Not saying that there will be none, just not enough to let a GTLM steal the overall.

L.P.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 19:45 (Ref:3691010)   #149
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to see the speed of the Ford now with the car mature.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3691041)   #150
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Only DPi that will have issues is the Mazda. Same driveline as the last one, and that was failure prone.

Cadillac is using the same stuff they had in the DP, and those were rock solid.

Others using GT3 engines, those aren't stressed high enough to blow.