Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2017, 02:13 (Ref:3716769)   #176
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, will the 2 wrecked Lamborghinis be repaired or are they out for the season/forever
have you heard something or speculating?
Old 6 Mar 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3716771)   #177
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
have you heard something or speculating?
I have seen the images of Mr Miles' car in parc ferme & beyond.. it may not run again.. presumably it is insured..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Mar 2017, 04:31 (Ref:3716777)   #178
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
it may not run again
So speculation.

It was a big hit - will be interesting to see what comes from the team
Old 6 Mar 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3716781)   #179
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
So speculation.

It was a big hit - will be interesting to see what comes from the team
Can you improve upon it?...
Old 6 Mar 2017, 05:15 (Ref:3716783)   #180
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Can you improve upon it?...
Negative
Old 6 Mar 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3716791)   #181
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
but that aside, dont like watching guys sitting stationary in the pits for no real reason other than to penalise the fast drivers
Don't Supercars do that with their "minimum fuel drop"?

Penalises unfairly the people who don't use as much fuel
Old 6 Mar 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3716795)   #182
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Don't Supercars do that with their "minimum fuel drop"?

Penalises unfairly the people who don't use as much fuel
Ridiculous comparison. fuel is about balancing up the cars, just another form of BOP however each car is putting in fuel and they need fuel. the stop in theory means all pits stops are the same length (approximately based on performance). Gt3 also do a similar thing in this regard in that they limit fuel flow depending on BOP

In aust Gt sprint rounds it is sitting there doing nothing. just waiting. watching the world go by, taking a selfie event

Last edited by peckstar; 6 Mar 2017 at 07:54.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3716889)   #183
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
The AGT pit sitting still rules are really dumb.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3716933)   #184
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stupid pit rules
Old 7 Mar 2017, 02:38 (Ref:3716960)   #185
D.R.T.
Veteran

Great in depth analysis lads.

Its part of the series to support its business model. Its nothing new.

The endurance series doesn't have this so I guess focus on that component if the sprint series doesnt work you.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3716965)   #186
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Great in depth analysis lads.

Its part of the series to support its business model. Its nothing new.

The endurance series doesn't have this so I guess focus on that component if the sprint series doesnt work you.
supporting the series business model is the new standard required. I was not aware of that

Shall remember that though, will probably even quote you
Old 7 Mar 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3716966)   #187
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And yet it only really works when there isn't a safety car... when there is, its toast...
Old 7 Mar 2017, 03:29 (Ref:3716970)   #188
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pecky, are you being obtuse? DRT is not talking about you, or him, or other spectators, supporting the series business model - he is saying the series uses this pit stop system to support its business model. Similar to VASC allowing other engine types in the future to support its business model regardless of whether V8 fans want them or not.

I'm pleased that AGT has developed into one of the best National GT3 series in the world, and I hope the gentleman owner drivers continue to support it by bringing new and varied cars to the series on a regular basis. If the sprint series sees a participant drop off by the higher rated drivers departing, and the pit stop rules are given as the reason, then maybe AGT will need a brainstorming session or 3 to keep both sets of drivers happy. AGT has shown from the change of schedule for 2017 that it is willing to change, so I guess we wait to see what happens.

I am not a fan of the pit stop system either - there is no doubt I would prefer to see the pros not affected by the safety car to the extent they are. However, if that is what it takes to continue getting decent fields of these GT3 cars to enter the sprint series, then I will live with it. Just gotta keep in mind that AGT is less dependent on spectator numbers than VASC is - if and when that changes, I'm sure AGT will adopt change to suit.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3716983)   #189
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The AGT pit sitting still rules are really dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6
Stupid pit rules
How much GT racing do you guys watch?

This is a not a rule exclusive to the Australian GT Championship, nor was this rule invented by AGT.

These pit rules have been used by the likes of International GT Open for over a decade, and in other GT series as well.

The current rules attract big grids for the class, I don't see what people are whinging about? If the competitors didn't like the rules, they would have pulled out and the grids would be waning.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3716994)   #190
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

The current rules attract big grids for the class, I don't see what people are whinging about? If the competitors didn't like the rules, they would have pulled out and the grids would be waning.
on the subject of waning "record" 27 car field to start the weekend. 21 cars started race 3. Thats big drop out
Old 7 Mar 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3717033)   #191
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If ppl don't like it, don't watch it!!
I like the pit rules, and seeing how the pit stop times play out during the course of the race.
I find Aussie GT a fantastic category, completely different to anything else in Aussie motorsport with the pro and gent system
Adding a little more diversity......even with the 'waning' grids!!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3717042)   #192
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

This is a not a rule exclusive to the Australian GT Championship, nor was this rule invented by AGT.

These pit rules have been used by the likes of International GT Open for over a decade, and in other GT series as well.

I actually love the GT Open.

Maybe it's because the GT open isn't hit by safety cars a lot, but when there is safety cars it does ruin the pro's chances

I'd say surely there is some way of adapting the times in the circumstances of a safety car

Say every lap under safety car you reduce the pit time by 10% of the original time?

Not ideal but there must be some way of balancing

It's a massive shame when people like come Ledogar and Kevin Van Der Linde can't have a fair fight for the win.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3717074)   #193
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Citation please.

Also not a fan that some cars are allowed to have a single driver, while others have two. Do either all single driver, or all two driver pairings. They make a series that could be so, very good, absolutely needlessly complicated.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3717082)   #194
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
No, the Aussie handicap system is actually unique for a major GT series... GT-Open and British GT have extended pitstop times but only based on performance in the previous races, not for qualifying well or according to driver ratings.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3717150)   #195
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Also not a fan that some cars are allowed to have a single driver, while others have two. Do either all single driver, or all two driver pairings. They make a series that could be so, very good, absolutely needlessly complicated.
But the allowance of single and paired drivers supports competitors to get on the grid - for example drivers using the 2nd driver to bring $$$.

Other drivers want maximum track time hence the single driver.

The flexibility and adaptability is what makes the category popular amongst its teams and drivers.

It may not be 100% optimum for a few posters on the forum however you need to acknowledge that this isn't their goal. What is 'very good' for you Matt is probably not 'very good' for the competitors fronting $1,000,000 a season to put a car on track.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3717152)   #196
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
But the allowance of single and paired drivers supports competitors to get on the grid - for example drivers using the 2nd driver to bring $$$.

The flexibility and adaptability is what makes the category popular amongst its teams and drivers.

It may not be 100% optimum for a few posters on the forum however you need to acknowledge that this isn't their goal. What is 'very good' for you Matt is probably not 'very good' for the competitors fronting $1,000,000 a season to put a car on track.

I'd say that's the fault of the organiser for letting it be allowed in the first place.

Gt Open relies on am drivers for their customer base, but have always ensured 2 drivers per car in the rules, so the am drivers know that's how it goes.

They also tend to appreciate the pro driver for their coaching skills over the weekend
Old 7 Mar 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3717155)   #197
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Im sorry i really dont care.
I appreciate that they need to do that and understand why (think is said that a few posts back), but as a spectator is is really poor. There is no real enjoyment in the racing for the spectator. Im glad the drivers and teams owner are happy but Gt3 was the worst category at the Clipsal because of its pit stop handicap system
Old 8 Mar 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3717172)   #198
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Im sorry i really dont care.
If you don't care for the information and are only considering your own perspective - I am not sure there is much more discussion in this.
Old 8 Mar 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3717174)   #199
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If you don't care for the information and are only considering your own perspective - I am not sure there is much more discussion in this.
I care from the spectators perspective. To tell me how its important from a team or competitors point of view is like telling me they dont need tv coverage or crowds. (didnt they want to do they just a few months ago)

As i said (multiple times), i understand why they do it, but IMO they need to find a better option as it is killing the spectacle
Old 8 Mar 2017, 05:04 (Ref:3717177)   #200
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Citation please.
British GT Championship for example

http://www.britishgt.com/about/british-gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
but as a spectator is is really poor. There is no real enjoyment in the racing for the spectator
The Australian GT Championship is not aimed at pleasing the spectator. It's aim is the please the gentleman drivers and ensuring they are enjoying their motor racing, as they are the one's that pay to get the cars on the grid.

Some whinging spectators is the very least of their worries