Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 May 2003, 12:14 (Ref:613451)   #1
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Papis coming to the UK

on June 8th Max is racing in the ASCAR championship

nice one
Old 29 May 2003, 13:44 (Ref:613653)   #2
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great. Next we'll see Mad Max filling in one day in the Tour de France. Note to Mad Max, next time you need a ride, don't act like you're too good for the series you need a ride in. Then you might not find yourself flying across the world racing in a series that nobody cares about. Stock car racing in Europe? What does that draw like 5 people a season? Euros already hate cars going in circles, I can imagine how aggrevated stock cars make them.
Old 29 May 2003, 14:14 (Ref:613672)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ASCAR actually gets pretty respectable attendances in comparison to other domestic championships. The presence fo star names last season such as Nicolas Minassian, Jason Plato and Darren Manning obviously helped that.

Has Max got experience in anything simialr, other than sports cars?

And, I think, that is post #2500. I seem to be in the big leagues now.
Old 29 May 2003, 14:18 (Ref:613675)   #4
gaines
Racer

He has tested a NASCAR Busch car in the past. He can drive anything though so he should do well. Hell he could drive the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile and get a podium finish.
Old 29 May 2003, 16:32 (Ref:613826)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
hey gaines P*ss O**

actually for the first ASCAR race there were 42,000 far more than any other series gets in britain and infact the whole of europe bar the DTM and f1
Old 30 May 2003, 03:49 (Ref:614310)   #6
gaines
Racer

Sorry to have upset you there Ascarquick. I was just commenting that most forms of American sport, especially our forms of auto racing seem to get jeered in Europe for the most part. I just never thought stock car racing would fly there. Not that it isn't good racing, especially if it's short track racing, but that in my experience most European race fans love road courses and can't stand ovals for the most part. I stand corrected.
Old 30 May 2003, 07:45 (Ref:614443)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

dont worry gaines....its just ascar is getting so much flack cos everyone thinks its a mock off of american racing...well it is...and its great.itll be good experience for max.and just remember noone has beat the brits yet. ascar is getting big over here yet its only been around for 2 years. there are alot of people who like oval racing but alot of people also think its roundy roundy racing.once they see it though theyre hooked
Old 30 May 2003, 12:51 (Ref:614704)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
dont worry gaines....its just ascar is getting so much flack cos everyone thinks its a mock off of american racing...well it is...and its great.itll be good experience for max.and just remember noone has beat the brits yet. ascar is getting big over here yet its only been around for 2 years. there are alot of people who like oval racing but alot of people also think its roundy roundy racing.once they see it though theyre hooked
You call yourself an ASCAR fan? Surely ur aware that the champion last year was Nicolas Minassian, of France, not Britain?
Old 30 May 2003, 15:25 (Ref:614848)   #9
ascarracinguk
Veteran

lol...i meant none of the yanks had beat the brits yet
Old 30 May 2003, 15:26 (Ref:614850)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

anyway...nick lives in the uk...aswell as vergers...aslong as they win theyre british

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 30 May 2003 at 15:27.
Old 30 May 2003, 16:00 (Ref:614900)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
lol...i meant none of the yanks had beat the brits yet
LOL fair enough.

Although, that's not surprising considering how little appeal it holds to the Yanks (not that Papis is one). The standard is still quite low, judging by Vergers' failure to break into Busch, let alone Winston Cup. I think Michael would do well given a full-season chance, but the backing and faith isn't there.
Old 30 May 2003, 16:03 (Ref:614905)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
"ASCAR needs me more than I need ASCAR."
Old 30 May 2003, 17:09 (Ref:614999)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can somebody tell me what are the similarities and differences between a ASCAR and NASCAR....chassis, type of engines and tires?
Old 30 May 2003, 20:12 (Ref:615187)   #14
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascar is what ASA is in america
Old 31 May 2003, 07:12 (Ref:615515)   #15
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...with a few mods for 1 1/2 and 2 mile ovals. ;-)

With Max in the series, I'm sure this will entice a few more drivers and we'll see 30+ cars very soon.
Old 31 May 2003, 09:51 (Ref:615623)   #16
ascarracinguk
Veteran

yup
Old 2 Jun 2003, 11:37 (Ref:617645)   #17
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Steve Grissom racing in Ascar yet, and if so, how is he doing?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 16:23 (Ref:617949)   #18
ascarracinguk
Veteran

he did....he crashed in practice...and in the race lol...not his fault in the race. someone spun....steve checked up and got hit from behind should be back later this year though