Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jan 2004, 11:18 (Ref:836449)   #1
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2003 Accidents

Does anyone have any updates on:

Don Shead:
Who had a nasty roll in his Allard at Paddock Hill, in the HSCC SuperPrix.

Rupert Avon:
Who was gravely injured at the GRM, when his C-Type fell back on him
Old 13 Jan 2004, 13:28 (Ref:836624)   #2
Chris Roden
Racer

Chris Roden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rupert Avon's father gave the following info to a VSCC contact in mid November,no news since....
"It is now ten weeks since Rupert's horrendous accident at Goodwood, there have been many dark days (with only a few good news days in between) but we are delighted to say that since undergoing cranial surgery some four weeks ago he has made steady progress towards recovery. Rupert was transferred from Southampton General to Worthing Hospital last week, regretfully he has lost the sight in one eye and will have to undergo another operation soon to reseal a vein.

As a result of some intensive physiotherapy, Rupert is gaining strength by the day, he is intermittently on his feet, speech, limbs are working and following the next operation will require a long period of rehabilitation and convalescing.

Margrit, Humphrey, Victoria and Natalie have been overwhelmed with letters, prayers, thoughts and telephone calls, it is impossible for them to respond in person but thank each and every one for their support which has without doubt been a source of great comfort."
Old 13 Jan 2004, 13:30 (Ref:836627)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I think we should add some more. I don't know Rupert at all, but I certainly wish him very well.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 14:15 (Ref:836682)   #4
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don Shead is back up on his feet and is getting the Allard rebuilt for his son James to race.
A great relief after what i saw at Paddock on that day in july.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 14:19 (Ref:836688)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I was at both meetings and would like to add my name to the long list of well wishers.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 08:02 (Ref:837576)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don's recovery has been incredible and if you met him today you would never know how awful the accident was, he has had virtually a full recovery - I hope Rupert Avon has similiar
Old 14 Jan 2004, 21:43 (Ref:838480)   #7
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that, everyone. I look forward to seeing Don back in the HSCC paddock, even if not in race suit - a top bloke.

Having seen Rupert's crash, I'm frankly astonished at that sort of progress.

If anyone has contact with either, please pass the regards of the many of us who didn't have a contact address.