Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Mar 2004, 15:58 (Ref:893641)   #1
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Autosport.com...

From Autosport.com:

Irish driver Michael Keohane is a step closer to finalising a deal to compete in the Champ Car World Series.

Keohane, 23, who tested for Dale Coyne at the tail end of last year, said: “Now I have a taste of what a Champ Car can do I really want to be racing in the series this year. I have to thank Dale Coyne as he was good enough to let me test, and now I am very close to finalising a deal to do the 2004 season.”

“I am very excited about the season ahead, especially now that OWRS have the chance to revive the Champ Car series,” said Keohane. “I want to be a part of that and hopefully we will be able to announce something soon.”
Old 4 Mar 2004, 16:27 (Ref:893665)   #2
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the answer as to why Dale Coyne is not on the LB FanFest schedule. Sounds like we could have some last minutes adjustments.

Thanks for the post Spider.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 17:29 (Ref:893715)   #3
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, thanks Spider.

It's tough for everyone to have all of their ducks in a row in this short of time. How Coyne keeps his ducks at all with his track record is beyond me but I'm sure glad he does.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 18:04 (Ref:893751)   #4
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate to ask this, but does Michael Keohane have any backing that he is bringing to Coyne? I know talent is what's important, just, Coyne is always short cash. Good luck to Mr. Keohane. I hope he does get the ride. Maybe that will give our friends in the U.K. a local boy to follow since loosing Manning from our series.

I can't say I know much about Michael Keohane. What has he been running?
Old 4 Mar 2004, 19:45 (Ref:893849)   #5
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This might help.Michael Keohane website
Old 4 Mar 2004, 20:21 (Ref:893880)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mick has quite a few sponsors who have been with him for most of his career in this country. as the autosport article points out he has a very good record over here.

he is a very good driver. and if anyone has an issue with the fact he will bring sponsorship and so would be 'paying' for his drive see me about it.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 21:06 (Ref:893924)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Also, an Argentinian newpaper is claiming that Gaston Mazzacane has been offered a ride with Emmo. (Still working to find sponsorship)
Old 4 Mar 2004, 21:09 (Ref:893934)   #8
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
mick has quite a few sponsors who have been with him for most of his career in this country. as the autosport article points out he has a very good record over here.

he is a very good driver. and if anyone has an issue with the fact he will bring sponsorship and so would be 'paying' for his drive see me about it.
And if anyone doesn't think that any drive, in some small part, you don't have to pay for your ride in this day and age, need to quietly think about this time last year. Be it your name, or your reputaion and driving ability (hence your marketablity to attract sponsors) every driver PAYS in one way or another.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 4 Mar 2004, 21:22 (Ref:893951)   #9
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very correctly said, Mags.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 22:05 (Ref:894021)   #10
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Since this is a close as I can get, I guess I'm seeing you. Dude, lighten up. As some of the posts, after your post, have explained - bringing sponsorship is part of the business. Quite frankly, he may be all that you think he is - but, if he was able to race without his own sponsorship he would be with a team like NH, Rocketsports, Forsythe, etc...
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:09 (Ref:894119)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i hear far too many people on too many champcar forums moaning about drivers who bring money for their drive. i'm just launching a pre-emptive strike before anyone says he'll be no good because he's got money.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:11 (Ref:894123)   #12
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tailwind
Maybe that will give our friends in the U.K. a local boy to follow since loosing Manning from our series.
Hey, hey! He's Irish! From Clonakilty as I recall. His dad owns a cement company, I think? Can't say I've really followed him, but he was pretty handy in British F3 a couple of years ago. Not sure if he did much in 2003, though. Some more F3, some F3000. Anyway, not about to set the world alight, but a handy enough driver, in my humble and entirely objective opinion. Has there ever been an Irish Champ Car driver?

(I've just noticed from his page that he's sponsored by Clonakilty Black Pudding!!! Holy crud, that'd be hilarious - a Dale Coyne car zipping through Laguna Seca with Clonakilty Black Pudding on the sidepods! )