Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2232605)   #1
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Foges slams HRT!

Reproduced with the permission of REM @ V8Central.

Well appears that ol Foges has taken a few brave pills and taken a right old shot at HRT in the current AA. Commenting on how underperforming football teams take a pasting in the tabloids after a lousy spell, Foges comments that HRT's Sandown lacklustre effort recieved virtually no media interest.....at all!

Drawing an anology between Collingwood and HRT, Foges states that HRT are the biggest,most popular and best resourced team in the V8's, yet unlike Collingwood who get flogged when they underperform, when HRT stuff up...nada. However, Foges states that 'certain' teams don't take very well to criticism and have been known to ostracise media critics who speak against them. Foges sights an exapmple of an aging supercar driver, who has been underperforming for several seasons, yet when speculation rose earlier in the year about his future, this driver was idignant at being asked about retirement. Foges states that the entire HRT operation has been underperforming for several years but the orginisation merely offer platitudes when the hard questions are asked......Foges suggest that such responses are disrespectful, particulalry to the sports fans!

Foges does have some good things to say though mentioning FPR, Frosty, T8 and whizz in particular for their candour and willingness to take responsibility when they screw up...identifying Frosty stuffing up at Bathurst and putting his hand up and Whizz screwing up race 2 at Sandown as 2 pertinent examples.

Guess from reading all this and gaining a rare insight into the politics of V8 supercars...we won't see Foges in the HRT hospiltailty area for some time......

Big Gonads Foges.....Kudos for your professianlism
Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2232612)   #2
v8babe
Racer

Australia
QLD
v8babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Guess from reading all this and gaining a rare insight into the politics of V8 supercars...we won't see Foges in the HRT hospiltailty area for some time......
I don't think he'll lose any sleep over that though...

Well done Foges for saying whats needed to be said for a long time, time to make drivers and teams accountable I reckon.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 15:26 (Ref:2232710)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow you called it Central instead of kindergarten billy.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2232935)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wasnt strictly speaking a direct slam of HRT, more that the general media is apathetic as to the goings on in the motorsport world.

I dont think any of it was new news, but the real test of time is what the VESA elite do with that kind of feedback, and whether there is a relationship drive with the newspaper editors in the major capitals to get the kind of superheated focus on the sport as soon as practicable.

They should also be very careful of what they wish for, if the intensity of the scrutiny is brought to a boil, issues may come out that arent wanted to come out, and you could get the situation like the AFL/NRL coverage where everytime a player trades in a girlfriend, or gets a hangnail, or has another of those "nightclub incidents" that every gory detail is splashed across the table for our amusement.

Where is Kate McClymont when you need her? Chasing Canterbury Bulldogs' indiscretions, or assisting to blow the Firepower business apart... but the SMH could allocate a prime resource such as this to understand the unique machinations of motorsport in the country...

The question you have to ask yourself... is... whether the mainstreat masses who watch the V8's on the weekend but dont have an ongoing intimate involvement, really care about this stuff??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2232966)   #5
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To tell you the truth I totally agree with Foges... As I work in the hotel where HRT stay when they come to indy... And they would have to be the worst team to speak to - as they think they are better than everyone else.

Mark Skaife is one of the rudest people around, he wnated me to stop all traffic in both directions so he could make a right hand turn to go back to the airport, when he was told no he got so ****ed. Yet T8, Tasman, DJR, FPR, SCR can't do enough for you.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2233049)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thing that continues to amaze me is the fact that sponsors like up to back footy teams that seem to continually allow thuggery. How many weekends in Australia would you get in a year without a footy player making the press for getting on turps and then have fisy-cuffs? 2 or 3 at a guess. Some weekends there are multiple events!!

Whilst media have often bypassed motorsport as a mainstream sport, it has allowed many of the mainstreet masses to live some rather interesting idealisms when it comes to race car drivers. It allowed Peter Perfect to maintain the title despite facts to the contrary, and it allowed many a kid to aspire to the dream of being Peter Brock.

Some of the people involved in the sport today would probably not want their private lives dragged through the dirt, and resultingly this allows motorsport to keep a cleaner persona than many other sporting codes.

Having said that, high profile regular media coverage, both positive and regularly negative, has never really hurt the footy codes at all when it comes to the amount of sponsor dollars that are drawn in.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2233058)   #7
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be very interesting if the sport were more widely covered by the mainstream media. I suspect some of the "leaders" in CAMS and VESA may get a right royal roasting and I'd love to see Kerry O'Brien interview the black wiggle.....
Old 20 Jun 2008, 01:00 (Ref:2233094)   #8
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got two things to say about this thread.

1. It's not surprise who started it. Any bagging of HRT (justified or not) or Skaife, well this thread starter jumps on it. Jealousy is a curse, get over it.

2. Football teams who are in a slump have only themselves to blame -i.e. they cannot blame equipment. You can only get so technical with a pair of boots and a football. HRT aren't exactly in a slump, 2nd in the championship isn't too bad. One bad round doesn't equal a slump.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 05:33 (Ref:2233142)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos
I've got two things to say about this thread.

1. It's not surprise who started it. Any bagging of HRT (justified or not) or Skaife, well this thread starter jumps on it. Jealousy is a curse, get over it.

2. Football teams who are in a slump have only themselves to blame -i.e. they cannot blame equipment. You can only get so technical with a pair of boots and a football. HRT aren't exactly in a slump, 2nd in the championship isn't too bad. One bad round doesn't equal a slump.
remindes me abit of this **** over at The Kennel (the Bulldogs forum) who has a massive agenda with the clubs old CEO and creemes his pants over the new CEO.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2233375)   #10
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Foges likens HRT to Collingwood he needs to see a psychiatrist... fast!

Until last round, HRT was leading the Championship. Collingwood, meanwhile, are far from the ladder leaders, both in potential and relative position.

Meanwhile, those who run HRT are in a lofty cerebral league compared to the unattractive, hygiene challenged, and feral group of football fans that comprise Collingwood's supporter base.

Multiple Championships/Bathursts in the past 10 years versus One premiership in the last 50 years... Yes Foges, you are lacking real imagination for your next story, and this level of journalism is really sad for someone of your intellect!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2233416)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually SSbaby Holden fans and colling wood fans are very similar, suggest you have alook around a bit more
Old 20 Jun 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2233568)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure what he was getting at if it was meant to be an attack on the general media not getting on HRT's back, its a lost cause.

It's considered an achievement if they give a detailed preview of a race meeting & a double page report, let alone writing about whether a team was competitive or not....
Old 21 Jun 2008, 03:13 (Ref:2233843)   #13
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did C********d get past the auto censor?
Old 21 Jun 2008, 03:49 (Ref:2233845)   #14
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
How did C********d get past the auto censor?
Old 21 Jun 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2233935)   #15
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahhh, the team, the media and the race track. Could make a film about this. Have to agree with Foges. HRT and HSV are the biggest abusers of media. When they want then 5 minute of fame , all shall kneel and pay homage. When asked by media, the tough questions, they tighten up harder than a clam. Good on foges for highlighting what most people with a an ounce of gray matter knew already. The whinges of this have obviously visited Clayton for the customary frontal labotamy.
take the blinkers off
Old 21 Jun 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2234042)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It also shows that the previous media man was not the blocker in that organisation... that there is a machine behind the blocking....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Jun 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2234395)   #17
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exscue my ignorance, as I don't follow the V8's all that closely, who exactly is Foges and no I am not trying to be funny, I just don't know.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 01:30 (Ref:2235318)   #18
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Fogarty
Old 24 Jun 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2236282)   #19
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Crikey, the House of Rorts and Trickery unfriendly ???????

And how could you compare them to Collingwood - they are arrogant, have a superiority complex, more money than the other teams, better facilities and feral supporters? ... hmmm, and I did see Joffa in a Commodore
Old 24 Jun 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2236290)   #20
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
hmmm, and I did see Joffa in a Commodore
How come Eddie hasn't got him a Lexus, he pays for everything else for Joffa doesn't he!