Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jul 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3840204)   #201
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yet this is what BMR posted on Facebook after the race.

Quote:
@ASuttonRacing was given a 30 second time penalty for BMR not having the car on the ground on time during a tyre change, we came in for the penalty but they didn’t like how we served the penalty correctly so we were told to do it again!
Old 30 Jul 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3840205)   #202
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That makes it sound like it was TOCA at fault. If they stopped in the fast lane then they should have to do it again.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3840209)   #203
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Yet this is what BMR posted on Facebook after the race.
well I guess they don’t want to make themselves look as stupid as they were
Old 30 Jul 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3840210)   #204
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
well I guess they don’t want to make themselves look as stupid as they were

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ
Old 30 Jul 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3840219)   #205
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
A new career for JP? 😁
Old 31 Jul 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3840289)   #206
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Is there a video anywhere of the onboard footage of Tingram when he made up about 15 places in one lap?
Old 31 Jul 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3840307)   #207
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Is there a video anywhere of the onboard footage of Tingram when he made up about 15 places in one lap?
It will probably appear on the Dunlop Tyres YouTube page at some point. They tend to put the good onboards there.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3840357)   #208
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Bobby T for scoring his first points and Smelt and Jelley are getting closer too. I had a feeling Matt Neal would win the Diamond Double, I could see a Halfords Honda win coming, nice to see him still an outside contender for the title but Cammish's luck has got to hold out soon.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3840362)   #209
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Cammish's luck has got to hold out soon.
safe to say he does't fit in Shedden's shoes and is 87 points behind the leader so safe to say he will be rear gunner for Neal
Old 31 Jul 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3840364)   #210
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
safe to say he does't fit in Shedden's shoes and is 87 points behind the leader so safe to say he will be rear gunner for Neal
I can see that coming but it was always going to take time for Cammish to find his feet in the BTCC after all those years in rear-wheel drive Porsche's and just when Team Halfords were entering an all-new car to boot. It can't be much longer before he does win a race though, given some of the other 1st-time winners we've had already this year.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3840427)   #211
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can see that coming but it was always going to take time for Cammish to find his feet in the BTCC after all those years in rear-wheel drive Porsche's and just when Team Halfords were entering an all-new car to boot. It can't be much longer before he does win a race though, given some of the other 1st-time winners we've had already this year.
Yeah, he definitely belongs in the BTCC.
Been rather unlucky this season on several occasions.
Shouldn;t be as big a points difference between himself and Matt Neal. Really, they have been pretty evenly matched.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3840432)   #212
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
Yeah, he definitely belongs in the BTCC.
Been rather unlucky this season on several occasions.
Shouldn;t be as big a points difference between himself and Matt Neal. Really, they have been pretty evenly matched.
Replacing Shedden was always going to be big shoes to feel. I still remember when Gio first joined the BTCC, replacing Muller was a big ask and even with all those Italian, Spanish and European Titles, he still took until Knockhill to win a race and was lowest ranked Vauxhall driver for most of the season.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3840442)   #213
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Gio first joined the BTCC, replacing Muller was a big ask and even with all those Italian, Spanish and European Titles, he still took until Knockhill to win a race and was lowest ranked Vauxhall driver for most of the season.
but there are 2 facts,

- Gio was robbed of a win at Donington when Turkington passed on the last chicane with all 4 wheels off the track !!!! but for some reason the stewards didn't penalize him !!

- Gio managed 2 wins that season, the other VX drivers NONE
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3840453)   #214
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
but there are 2 facts,

- Gio was robbed of a win at Donington when Turkington passed on the last chicane with all 4 wheels off the track !!!! but for some reason the stewards didn't penalize him !!

I know, I was so disappointed for Gio that day and also for the other Vauxhall drivers for not winning at all so in turn, I was so happy when Gio came good at finally won at Knockhill with Turner on his tail. Gio came good eventually and went on to challenge for the next 3 titles so hopefully Cammish's luck will hold out soon.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3840454)   #215
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
but there are 2 facts,

I wouldn't call that first point a fact - they both had 4 wheels off the track!

If penalties were being awarded, they both deserved to receive one.

But, returning to R16,17,18 - Cammish seems to be on the cusp of getting some really big points. He obviously has pace - and Neal has admitted that Cammish is just as quick as himself. Neal has bags of BTCC experience, Cammish very little - their pace is fairly level though. So it is just a matter of time before Dan 'learns' how to bag the results that his pace warrants, and he'll be moving towards the top of the table.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3840458)   #216
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I wouldn't call that first point a fact - they both had 4 wheels off the track!

If penalties were being awarded, they both deserved to receive one.

But, returning to R16,17,18 - Cammish seems to be on the cusp of getting some really big points. He obviously has pace - and Neal has admitted that Cammish is just as quick as himself. Neal has bags of BTCC experience, Cammish very little - their pace is fairly level though. So it is just a matter of time before Dan 'learns' how to bag the results that his pace warrants, and he'll be moving towards the top of the table.
His pace certainly seemed debatable at Snetterton, he was right on Sutton's tail in Race 2 in the early stages but then he just dropped back until Cook eventually got past him. Was that Cammish or the car? Like I said, debatable since Neal's squeezed 2 wins of that new Civic now, it's a WICKED-LOOKING car!
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3840460)   #217
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
. So it is just a matter of time before Dan 'learns' how to bag the results that his pace warrants, and he'll be moving towards the top of the table.
you know for sure that he will continue with Dynamics ??? what if Shedden decides to come "home " ? as he is often in the Dynamics garage this year

or the Neals decide to get other "plug and play driver" , say Mat Jackson
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3840465)   #218
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
His pace certainly seemed debatable at Snetterton, he was right on Sutton's tail in Race 2 in the early stages but then he just dropped back until Cook eventually got past him. Was that Cammish or the car? Like I said, debatable since Neal's squeezed 2 wins of that new Civic now, it's a WICKED-LOOKING car!
FP1 - quicker than MN
FP2 - quicker than MN - P2
Q1 - quicker than MN - P2
Q2 - 0.2s slower than MN - P5
R1 - best lap 2s quicker than MN - P3
R2 - (carrying ballast) best lap 1.2s quicker than MN - P4
R3 - 0.8s slower than MN

So out of the 7 sessions, he was only noticeably down on his highly experienced team mate in one session. But that is debatable pace?

Like I said, his race craft (in BTCC) is not at the top level yet, but his pace is there. Comparison to Sutton is pointless - totally different car characteristics so hardly comparable.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3840466)   #219
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
you know for sure that he will continue with Dynamics ??? what if Shedden decides to come "home " ? as he is often in the Dynamics garage this year

or the Neals decide to get other "plug and play driver" , say Mat Jackson
Who said Cammish needs to be at Dynamics to move towards the top of the table?

Since 2000 - 8 drivers have taken their first BTCC title whilst not driving to Dynamics......
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3840472)   #220
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Who said Cammish needs to be at Dynamics to move towards the top of the table?

Since 2000 - 8 drivers have taken their first BTCC title whilst not driving to Dynamics......
I hope Cammish does continue even if it isn't with Dynamics and who doesn't miss Mat Jackson?
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3840473)   #221
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
who doesn't miss Mat Jackson?
I don't miss him. Always felt like there was an accident about to happen when he was around - and for me, he was the most annoying driver on the grid in terms of self grandeur.

The grid doesn't seem to be suffering with him absent.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:20 (Ref:3840480)   #222
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
I don't miss him. Always felt like there was an accident about to happen when he was around - and for me, he was the most annoying driver on the grid in terms of self grandeur.

I'd rather be stuck on a deserted island with him than Plato.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3840482)   #223
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I liked Jackson, he was definitely a talent and wasnt afraid to have a go, last couple of seasons he was getting his head down and looking a contender.
I dont think we will see him next year tho
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3840488)   #224
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I liked Jackson, he was definitely a talent and wasnt afraid to have a go, last couple of seasons he was getting his head down and looking a contender.
I dont think we will see him next year tho
I agree that he had talent, and also that he did seem to be improving (in terms of concentrating on getting decent results).

You have to wonder what he thought was so bad about an already confirmed seat in a proven car, that he had to go looking at a team who were introducing something unproven?
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3840493)   #225
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
I agree that he had talent, and also that he did seem to be improving (in terms of concentrating on getting decent results).

You have to wonder what he thought was so bad about an already confirmed seat in a proven car, that he had to go looking at a team who were introducing something unproven?
He really shot himself in the foot in that respect.