Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Apr 2002, 17:25 (Ref:267560)   #1
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazda LMP?

From what i read in Fast Fours & Rotaries Magazine: MAch 2002:

In what is appearing as a semi-works comeback, Mazda looks set to tackle the rigours of the famous Le MAns this year with a R26B-powered machine. Racing in the LM P-765 class for "prototype" vehicles. The official entry lists Yoshimi Terada as the main driver. Terada was one of the main drivers back in '91 when Mazda won the 24-hour event.

Jim Downing is expected to lead the team, being a Mazda stalward and a regular Le Mans campaigner Although finishing in outright 8th place back then, he will be hoping to better that effort as the power to weight ratio of the quad-rotor prototype should give the Mazda a fighting chance.

Has ne1 heared of ne thing since?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 22 Apr 2002, 17:37 (Ref:267566)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh no, autoexe didnt finish 3rd in class and get an invite to lemans to compete against the factory wr team again ... nah ...
Old 23 Apr 2002, 15:32 (Ref:268523)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, the ACO gave the "Autoexe" an entry. Yojiro Terada (Yoshimi?) and Jim Downing are old Mazda mates. I think calling it a semi-works comeback is over-egging the pudding slightly though, isn't it?
Old 23 Apr 2002, 16:00 (Ref:268535)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was some talk about 6 weeks or so that there maybe a full works Mazda at Le Mans in the not so distant future, you can find the thread at http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=20323
Old 23 Apr 2002, 16:16 (Ref:268556)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it happens though, rd, I don't think it will have very much to do with Terada - he may have (probably) driven more Mazda-engined cars at Le Mans than anyone else over the years, but I don't think he's likely to be recruited for a full works effort in the future, surely? (Well not as a driver, anyway - adviser perhaps?).
Old 24 Apr 2002, 21:55 (Ref:269866)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
oh no, autoexe didnt finish 3rd in class and get an invite to lemans to compete against the factory wr team again ... nah ...
Can anyone translate some of the Autoexe web-site for me? The only thing I can find on there about this year's Le Mans is their merchandise!! I want to know who's driving with Jim and Yojiro - the guy on the GL24 website says its someone called Fergus - any ideas who that might be?
Old 24 Apr 2002, 23:05 (Ref:269893)   #7
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can do that in the next 12-24Hrs no problem. Just gonna have a bit of a sleep soon...
Old 25 Apr 2002, 00:43 (Ref:269932)   #8
Es Nes
Veteran

try http://www.worldlingo.com/
Old 25 Apr 2002, 06:34 (Ref:270034)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Can anyone translate some of the Autoexe web-site for me? The only thing I can find on there about this year's Le Mans is their merchandise!! I want to know who's driving with Jim and Yojiro - the guy on the GL24 website says its someone called Fergus - any ideas who that might be?
Sorry, I forgot my dictionary...

But have a look here :
http://www.mymazdarotary.com/mazda_r...da_4-rotor.pdf
Old 25 Apr 2002, 07:03 (Ref:270047)   #10
Es Nes
Veteran

does the page have an html version
Old 25 Apr 2002, 07:35 (Ref:270060)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
does the page have an html version
I'm afraid not... I found this one by chance... seems to be a scan of a french paper, I dunno no which one...