Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Oct 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3158932)   #26
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Always waiting for the official ACO dvd/br, and want to buy it in the ACO shop in Paris. But wich dvd/br is nicer comparing Duke?
Old 28 Oct 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3158943)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Always waiting for the official ACO dvd/br, and want to buy it in the ACO shop in Paris. But wich dvd/br is nicer comparing Duke?
If you are talking about which to purchase out of the ACO version and the Duke version I'd go for the Duke version 100%.

Traditionally the ACO don't like to show images of the actual race in their reviews.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3158944)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've never bought the ACO version.....
Old 31 Oct 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3160674)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm waiting for the 25-12-12 to watch my copying, having said that I still haven't watched the 2010 or the 2011 version yet....
Old 1 Nov 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3160967)   #30
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
2012 version is still to be acquired, and following comments from Mrs isynge recently, I suspect, like Rob, it may be a case of waiting for the festival of red men down chimneys in December.

Having, on Friday night, rewatched the 2011 video, I was struck that while the video quality is great, and the length allows for a pleasing amount of depth to be gone into, finding four odd hours to devote to something like this is not a straightforward proposition. Thinking back over viewing habits over the last year, it's the shorter works of 60-90 minutes that get reached for - being inherently more practical for a quick evening's viewing.

Genuinely wonder if, this time next year, I'll be able to count multiple watches of the 2012 film?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3161616)   #31
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It definitely does need breaking down into halves or thirds to watch. But it's a nice problem to have I suppose.

Incidentally has anyone ordered this yet? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...pf_rd_i=468294

Should get mine on Tuesday and I'm expecting big things.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3161837)   #32
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
...Incidentally has anyone ordered this yet? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...pf_rd_i=468294

Should get mine on Tuesday and I'm expecting big things.
Ordered it? I got mine on Wednesday!

Brilliant series, the first volumes have been excellent. The 1980's is the first one so far where I've been a little underwhelmed with the quality and choice of photos. Made me realise some of the more bizarre Group C prototypes were just not photogenic at all.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3188228)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watching the Movie again. It still amazes me how quickly Audi changed the rear wing section + engine cover + refueling + new tires on the #1 Audi! - 2minutes, something. (It's 3 hours in)
Old 27 Feb 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3211683)   #34
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few times year I visit Paris, this time for work, and I always visit the LM store on blvrd Hausmann. The lovely lady said: I recognize you and smiled. I'm becomming a regular customer. Anyway when I'm there I want to buy something. So a track sticker for my new car and the official LM 24 2013 BluRay are mine now. She even gave me a LM lanyard for free. That's the way to do it, spoil your regular customers. Can't wait to get home and watch the BR.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3211689)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A few times year I visit Paris, this time for work, and I always visit the LM store on blvrd Hausmann. The lovely lady said: I recognize you and smiled. I'm becomming a regular customer. Anyway when I'm there I want to buy something. So a track sticker for my new car and the official LM 24 2013 BluRay are mine now. She even gave me a LM lanyard for free. That's the way to do it, spoil your regular customers. Can't wait to get home and watch the BR.
Sweet talking lovely ladies in shops to get a liitle extra, now that is acting like a true gentleman.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3211690)   #36
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
and the official LM 24 2013 BluRay
No spoilers please, the rest of us haven't seen it yet.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3211697)   #37
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
No spoilers please, the rest of us haven't seen it yet.
oops didn't notice that. I know who I hope is gonna win this year. But I won't tell OK.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3211704)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And no placing any bets either, you know sports betting has come under pressure about fixing the result in non sports like soccer so we would not want motor racing tart with the same brush
Old 27 Feb 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3211733)   #39
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And no placing any bets either, you know sports betting has come under pressure about fixing the result in non sports like soccer so we would not want motor racing tart with the same brush
It's about to come out, why do you think Audi always wins! I'll place my bets on Toyota.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3211743)   #40
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That Blu Ray is excellent!, especially the picture quality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Sweet talking lovely ladies in shops to get a liitle extra, now that is acting like a true gentleman.
Why am I not surprised you are saying that Simon
Old 27 Feb 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3211779)   #41
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Got the day off tomorrow I might have to stick it on again now the thread has reappeared.

Does anyone know if there are any incidents it misses? Been watching the full live coverage of 2011 back on YouTube and there's quite a few bits in there the DVD left out.