Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 1 Aug 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3284817)   #151
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a sad state of affairs with people hoping this series fails, sure you might not like how it came about, but what about all the guys that have money invested in the series, that haven't been a part of any alleged dodgey dealings? The guys that just want to go racing, or the sponsors that have decided to back a new NZ V8 series, you think they'll be jumping back on board if it all comes falling down?

Some people hold a grudge and want to see people fail, it's a shame they don't seem to realise that the series collapsing won't affect just one or two, but likely hundred of people, not all of them (allegedly) bad
Old 2 Aug 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3284847)   #152
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
What a sad state of affairs with people hoping this series fails, sure you might not like how it came about, but what about all the guys that have money invested in the series, that haven't been a part of any alleged dodgey dealings? The guys that just want to go racing, or the sponsors that have decided to back a new NZ V8 series, you think they'll be jumping back on board if it all comes falling down?

Some people hold a grudge and want to see people fail, it's a shame they don't seem to realise that the series collapsing won't affect just one or two, but likely hundred of people, not all of them (allegedly) bad
Very well put and I totally agree.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 00:42 (Ref:3284853)   #153
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The risk you take when you get involved with a certain type of person.
Sad but true.
I think the best thing is for it to evolve in a better direction.
Merge with NZV8s and adapt to their chassis and rules over a few years
Old 2 Aug 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3284855)   #154
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
I think the best thing is for it to evolve in a better direction.
Merge with NZV8s and adapt to their chassis and rules over a few years
That makes no sense at all. Why would 20-22 Supertourers have to change to suit a series that only has 5 cars? Surely logic would dictate that if the 2 series did merge that it'd be the NZV8's that'd have to change.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3284856)   #155
Swedish Brick
Racer

Because logic dictates NZ made is preferable and a Ford with a Ford engine is preferable
Old 2 Aug 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3284858)   #156
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post

if it stops the fighting.. i don't have an issue with it. the series has enough cars, interest and talent behind it to ensure the class will be reborn in some form or another if things go toes up. to be honest.. i'd actually preferred if the series remained strong and everyone stopped this petty bs. but that's not going to happen anytime soon. egos rather than common sense won't let that happen.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3284862)   #157
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
GT 86.

The car is my possession, so if anyone likes to call around to my workshop in Cain Park Industrial Estate, they can view it for themselves.

Lets be very clear here, there are 11 owners of the car, and we have all agreed the car is to be sold under the terms of the formal COT Investors Deed.

We already have expressions of interest from two potential purchasers that are know to us, and we are confident that the car will find a good home.
Thanks for the reply and clearing that up Mark. I will come round on Monday and have a look as I need to pick a car up from round the corner from you.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3284876)   #158
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
Thanks for the reply and clearing that up Mark. I will come round on Monday and have a look as I need to pick a car up from round the corner from you.
Hi GT,

Change of plan, Shane Drake will confirm [because he bumped into us at the local tuck shop and saw the car on the trailer parked outside] that Jacko and I loaded it up this morning to go up Jacko's Kumeu workshop were the rebuilt gearbox will go back into the car, and the car will be given a full mechanical check.

Interested buyers, may inspect the car at Jacko's.

FYI. Wayne Mclaughlin is no longer one of the COT prototype shareholders, read into that what you will.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3284887)   #159
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi GT,

Change of plan, Shane Drake will confirm [because he bumped into us at the local tuck shop and saw the car on the trailer parked outside] that Jacko and I loaded it up this morning to go up Jacko's Kumeu workshop were the rebuilt gearbox will go back into the car, and the car will be given a full mechanical check.

Interested buyers, may inspect the car at Jacko's.

FYI. Wayne Mclaughlin is no longer one of the COT prototype shareholders, read into that what you will.
Thanks again Mark. Would one presume that previous posts werent far off the mark then. Mr Mclaughlin might find his garage area a bit lonely next round, shame as his son seems to be a very good bloke and highly spoken about from the likes of Gary Rodgers and others in V8SC circles.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3284888)   #160
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I overheard from Scotty (while he was talking to the Tasman guys at Pukekohe) that he wont be returning for next season of the SuperTourers. Which is obviously sad because he's one of the stand-outs in the category, but at the same time it's quite mature of him to focus more on his career over the ditch.

Assuming that's why he's leaving of course - going by the vibes here it's not the sole reason.

I'll be at the Taupo event later in the month. Rather looking forward to it as I've never been to the Taupo circuit before
Old 2 Aug 2013, 06:50 (Ref:3284895)   #161
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes sense to me really. Scott is the new 'star' of V8SC and being signed to GRM until 2016, you have to agree that this is where it is at for him. GRM as we know are going Volvo next year so no doubt his involvement in the development of the S60 will be intense and full time. Good on Scott for being the first SuperTourer 'graduate' to go full time in SC....who will be next? Heimgartner maybe??

V8ST should be proud of this achievement, and I am sure they are. He will be missed on this side of the ditch though in his SuperCheap VEII V8ST.

Who will replace him do you reckon?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3284899)   #162
Swedish Brick
Racer

Maybe no one?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3284947)   #163
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Because logic dictates NZ made is preferable and a Ford with a Ford engine is preferable
There is no logic to that at all. The New Zealand Government doesn't even buy New Zealand made. They will put people out of work here and buy cheap rubbish from China for around the same price. The sport needs to move forward not backwards.

We send our best cuts of meat off shore. We produce and export the largest amount of milk products in the world, yet we pay market rate for it here.

What's the price of petrol in Saudi Arabia?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3284963)   #164
Swedish Brick
Racer

Do you have a point that is relevant rather than random blah blah about politics?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3284972)   #165
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you have a point that is relevant rather than random blah blah about politics?
You make one point to change all the ST chassis to TLX based on where they are made. I just think that is a silly statement. And you know the point I was making.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3284974)   #166
Swedish Brick
Racer

The point you were attempting to make is no point at all.
By your logic we shouldn't even try and support NZ manufacturers at all.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 00:49 (Ref:3285219)   #167
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm just a nobody on the internet after all.
One of the more accurate posting I have viewed on this entire subject from anyone....................!!

I was once advised that a forum is like a meeting place in a local bar where all people can gather and express their thoughts and observations on a subject freely. However, having been away for a week I could not believe my eyes today when on entering this pub today I encountered so many half empty jugs and glasses on display and it makes me feel quite alone in carrying my half full one to rest on your table. Whilst I do have some concerns I still have confidence in the future of NZ Motorsport and I follow the exploits of all our competitors overseas with an unbridled passion. If I did not believe in the future of our sport or the future generations then I would no longer be part of it even as a sad sack, abandoned, and sitting on the roadside.

Had some of you been living closer to the central area of the North Island then I am sure that the pulp and paper mill at Kinleith would never have gone out of production for the collection of chips carried on shoulders would have ensured sufficient material for processing without the need to cut down one single pine tree.

This is year 2013 and we are moving forward into 2014 so lets go live there.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3285232)   #168
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
One more mud slinging post from ANY of you and this thread will be closed
Old 3 Aug 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3285241)   #169
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
One more mud slinging post from ANY of you and this thread will be closed
Why close the thread? Those of us that are interested in Supertourers end up being punished because a few people with an axe to grind just seem to want to start arguments.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3285245)   #170
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, the original topic of the thread hasn't been discussed for a number of pages. Most of this mucky conversation should be ported into the new thread created yesterday.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3285246)   #171
Swedish Brick
Racer

No. Leave it where it is and move on. New thread starts afresh I think.
If anyone wishes to carry on having a go at me, discuss anything or know my lawyers number There's a pm button
Old 3 Aug 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3285313)   #172
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
Why close the thread? Those of us that are interested in Supertourers end up being punished because a few people with an axe to grind just seem to want to start arguments.
Please be aware that it isn't the moderators desired outcome. Discussion on Motorsport is always welcome, sometime a break or new thread is required. The mods are volunteers and, unfortunately, a less time consuming approach is needed. However, it quite often does the trick.

Of course, something else that does the trick are bans.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3285642)   #173
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the usual worst excesses now removed.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3285663)   #174
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
One of the more accurate posting I have viewed on this entire subject from anyone....................!!

I was once advised that a forum is like a meeting place in a local bar where all people can gather and express their thoughts and observations on a subject freely. However, having been away for a week I could not believe my eyes today when on entering this pub today I encountered so many half empty jugs and glasses on display and it makes me feel quite alone in carrying my half full one to rest on your table. Whilst I do have some concerns I still have confidence in the future of NZ Motorsport and I follow the exploits of all our competitors overseas with an unbridled passion. If I did not believe in the future of our sport or the future generations then I would no longer be part of it even as a sad sack, abandoned, and sitting on the roadside.

Had some of you been living closer to the central area of the North Island then I am sure that the pulp and paper mill at Kinleith would never have gone out of production for the collection of chips carried on shoulders would have ensured sufficient material for processing without the need to cut down one single pine tree.

This is year 2013 and we are moving forward into 2014 so lets go live there.
Nice one mate

I'll be going to HD for the enduro.