Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jan 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3008342)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
(Note I said sun, Ayse? I figure since I can't afford to go this year you should have marvelous weather.)

Duly noted. I'm confident. (When am I not?). As far as I'm concerned - it's already a given......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I didn't realise you had been going to Le Mans since your university days Ayse?
Actually, not so far from the truth Mal as my further education started once I started full time work. Studied 78-80, then again 83-84 and finally qualified in 88, two years after I first went to Le Mans......
Old 6 Jan 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3008368)   #52
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well well well, it seems I won't have to go without the odd bottle of cider here and there then. I was worried they would only sell lager (which i despise).

Slightly off topic but I don't mind the ciders they serve in pubs over here. I think my youth went towards getting used to them.

Still prefer a proper cider any day and look forward to trying out some new ones!

As mentioned above, this thread indicates the event is a booze festival rather than a sporting event !

Shame I'm going dry for a month, I could murder a drink now

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 6 Jan 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3008396)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeh, I know the feeling, I had a ginger beer tonight - and not the desecration of Crabbe's!
Old 6 Jan 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3008402)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone View Post
Well well well, it seems I won't have to go without the odd bottle of cider here and there then. I was worried they would only sell lager (which i despise).

Slightly off topic but I don't mind the ciders they serve in pubs over here. I think my youth went towards getting used to them.

Still prefer a proper cider any day and look forward to trying out some new ones!

As mentioned above, this thread indicates the event is a booze festival rather than a sporting event !

Shame I'm going dry for a month, I could murder a drink now
The cider in france is not that high in alcohol but some of them do taste very nice, it is also seriously cheap
Old 6 Jan 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3008418)   #55
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Hotel room, yes. But check amperage on the 12V draw, or you'll be one of the poor guys at the end running around looking for a jumpstart. Unless the European models are better, they have a tendency to flatten the battery.

The good thing is, they are usually so well insulated that even unplugged they will keep things cool for a pretty long time, especially if insulated from sun by a blanket, etc.

(Note I said sun, Ayse? I figure since I can't afford to go this year you should have marvelous weather.)
keke
What??? You´re not coming this year? It´s the 80th!!!

(One less celebrity at Club123.... )
Old 25 Jan 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3016755)   #56
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Waterproof Camera - just in case we have a wet week. This guarantees it will be dry and I can use my decent camera because now i've bought something specifically for wet weather we won't get any.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3017013)   #57
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Waterproof Camera - just in case we have a wet week. This guarantees it will be dry and I can use my decent camera because now i've bought something specifically for wet weather we won't get any.
There is no rain at le mans. NEVER!
Old 25 Jan 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3017018)   #58
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
There is no rain at le mans. NEVER!
That is good to know. Because my tent is NOT 15 years old and DOESN'T start to develop a few leaks in it (as NOT discovered last year when it WASN'T raining )
Old 26 Jan 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3017308)   #59
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Loved the timing of the rain last year, nowt except a few drops during the race, the the moment we got to our tent all hell broke loose.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3017637)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There is serious danger of warnings and infractions here. The 'R' and 'W' words have now been mentioned in the last four posts. Careful.......
Old 27 Jan 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3017664)   #61
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There is serious danger of warnings and infractions here. The 'R' and 'W' words have now been mentioned in the last four posts. Careful.......
Rays of sunshine will warm our backs all week.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3017675)   #62
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Rays of sunshine will warm our backs all week.
Racing will weaken the eyes' desire to shut down.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3017729)   #63
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*hums a show tune from a film starring Gene Kelly*
Old 27 Jan 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3017741)   #64
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
*hums a show tune from a film starring Gene Kelly*

I take it that the film is "Singing in the Rain" and that the tune is.....

....."make 'em Laugh" ?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3017767)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's the one.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3021939)   #66
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
will a standard UK AM wave radio allow me to tune into the track commentary?

Also whats the mobile signal like? Any wi-fi access or 3G ?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 5 Feb 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3021945)   #67
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Also whats the mobile signal like? Any wi-fi access or 3G ?
Bags of 3G access - although you do need to make sure your tariff allows you to use it cost effectively - in my experience, Vodafone good, Orange bad, but it'll depend on your contract.

WiFi - nothing historically around the bits of track I've frequented but others might know better.

Circuit commentary is on FM - I've used both a big industrial portable radio (probably over specified) and my MP3 player (perfectly adequate).
Old 5 Feb 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3021960)   #68
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
It's only broadcast on FM.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3022636)   #69
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
McDonalds have free WiFi on Mulsanne. When they aren't racing...
That could be the one, and ONLY reason to darken Mickey D's door! Coffee, on Mulsanne. Shame.
But lots of places offer free wifi these days.

RLM have loads of kids selling radios. I have the fancy one with earplugs. 10 Euro, and it supports Hindy and Eve. Worth it, for me. 5 Euro gets you a standard "one ear" clip on thingy.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3022825)   #70
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Thanks for the answers. Not sure why I assumed MW/AM but thanks for clarifying. I'l bring my cheap radio thing and my skullcandy headphones

Brilliant
Old 18 Feb 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3027772)   #71
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Photography update: I recently traded in my Nikon D3100 and upgraded to the Nikon D5100 - better sensor, longer and better video, and a myriad of other upgrades. I also, just today, got a new prime 50MM f/1.8 lens. Don't know how well it'll do at the track, but it'll accompany me. I'm contemplating adding a new Sigma or Tamron 70-200MM f/2.8 for the race, but we'll see. Other than that and the Southern Moonshine and the rest of what I had last year and that's it.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3027890)   #72
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Also looking for a new Lens . For the Moment I can not decide between the Canon 70-200 L f4/5.6 and the Canon 70-300L f4/5.6 .
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3041636)   #73
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Oh Man , I've done it . Bought Saturday a new Lens ( Canon 70-300 L ).
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3041726)   #74
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Damn it. Now I have to get one too.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3041779)   #75
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Nice buy! I'm still in doubt, I really want the 70-200 f2.8 IS I or the 100-400.