Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Sep 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3450731)   #1
Octane
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuji + Japan Holiday

So I've just booked my flights to Japan from Sydney, Australia.

I land on the 9th Oct, and fly out 30th Oct which gives me a few weeks after the WEC round to see a bit more of Japan. I'm planning to spend (in no particular order just yet) a week in Tokyo, 4-5 days in Fukuoka, 1-2 days in Hiroshima and the rest is undecided.

Is anyone else planning to go this year? Or have been in the past?
I'm planning on getting the paddock pass for the 3 days. It's a bit of a shame that the only support events are the Japanese F3 and some historic & VIP demonstration laps. I was hoping it might have been combined with a JGT or AiLMS round.

What I'm struggling with at the moment is accommodation somewhere near the circuit.
It's a 2.5hour commute each way from Tokyo, so I'd like to stay somewhere a little closer over the race weekend. Within an hour via public transport of the circuit is fine.

Aside from this, do any of you have any thoughts/recommendations/ideas in general for a trip to Japan?

I'm also planning to visit the Studio Ghibli, Toyota and Mazda Museums while I'm there, and I want to see as much live music as possible.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3450747)   #2
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mars Garden Wood Gotemba is the hotel of choice for pretty much every driver and team that races there. (But it's quite expensive)
Old 6 Sep 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3450750)   #3
Octane
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. I just checked and they're completely sold out. :-( Will check out Trip Advisor for other hotels in the area.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3450861)   #4
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post

I'm planning to spend (in no particular order just yet) a week in Tokyo, 4-5 days in Fukuoka, 1-2 days in Hiroshima and the rest is undecided.
I spoke at a conference a few years ago in Kyoto. It's the ancient capital of Japan before Tokyo became the modern capital. I highly recommend Kyoto. Good walking city. Walk the Path of Philosophy and take an afternoon to walk up Mount Kurama. Center of downtown is like 5th Ave. Very stylish people walking the streets. Saw a few exotics driving down the streets.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 23:00 (Ref:3450865)   #5
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Usually not this high of a price but maybe it'll go down. Still available though (for $693 USD per night!!)

Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa. Incredibly nice.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 03:39 (Ref:3450894)   #6
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a suggestion... Try visiting the Gundam statue in Shizuoka City since it's somewhat near Fuji Speedway.