Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Feb 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3208067)   #1
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissan return to Le Mans (G56)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

Being realistic is there any manufacturer we wouldn't welcome with open arms and get reasonably excited about?
Exactly this. Genuinely don't care who it is and I'd support whoever makes the leap wholeheartedly.

We really aren't in a position to pick and choose in my opinion.

Last edited by Simmi; 20 Feb 2013 at 20:17.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3209232)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissan return to Le Mans (G56)

Anyone know what this is about?

Nismo have an announcement coming on Tuesday. Radio Le Mans are clearly across it and know what it is. There's a teaser video doing the rounds with a few factory Nissan drivers.

I don't want to say it for fear of jinxing it. But I'm dreaming that it's going to be something that affects us...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3209237)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Nismo have an announcement coming on Tuesday. Radio Le Mans are clearly across it and know what it is. There's a teaser video doing the rounds with a few factory Nissan drivers.

I don't want to say it for fear of jinxing it. But I'm dreaming that it's going to be something that affects us...
I'm not hopeing anything.
But what it is, I don't know. Nissan seems to make big PR stunts over smaller efforts (like the Deltawing)
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3209242)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It's all tying in with a big event in Tokyo on Tuesday according to Darren Cox.

Crossing everything...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3209244)   #5
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

WEC in GTE? (fingers crossed) More likely a GT3 IMO.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3209250)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
CEO Ghosn is making announcement so it's important but I think it's mainly about introduction of NISMO versions in the future.

Quote:
  • Nissan's plans for NISMO motorsports and performance arm to be revealed
  • Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn to make announcement in Japan Feb. 26 (Feb. 25 in U.S.)
  • NISMO HQ is a former Nissan factory now redeveloped and expanded
  • Live press conference stream and materials available at 8 p.m. EST, Monday Feb.25 at www.nissan-live.com/nismoglobal

YOKOHAMA, Japan -
Nissan Motor Co. is planning a major announcement around future plans for performance when it opens a new factory for its NISMO motorsports and performance tuning arm on Tuesday morning, Feb. 26 near Yokohama (Monday evening, Feb. 25 in the U.S.).
Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn will headline the announcement, which is expected to reveal a new direction for NISMO's core mission.
Well-known to motorsports and performance car enthusiasts and re-introduced at the Chicago Auto Show earlier this month, NISMO has nearly 30 years of motorsports expertise and proven tuning capabilities for road cars, and for its millions of global gaming and virtual fans NISMO products are about to become much more of a reality.

Nissan has invested in an entirely new facility for NISMO's operations, redeveloping a former production site to give it a new home with expanded technological capacity. The new site replaces NISMO's prior location in Omori, Japan, and includes a larger showroom for up to eight vehicles plus a retail outlet.
Nissan has already begun introducing NISMO-badged performance versions of its road car products.
The first Nissan road car to get the NISMO treatment, the JUKE NISMO, is already on sale in Europe and Japan and will be launched in the U.S. this Spring. The 370Z NISMO made its public debut at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show in February and will be on sale globally later in 2013.
NISMO is also expected to reveal more about its future motorsport activities at the event.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3209251)   #7
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
A GT3 what? They already have GT3 with the GTR. There's no need to announce something over again Super GT we know is a given. IMO it's got to do with LeMans/WEC or DTM.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3209252)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
WEC in GTE? (fingers crossed) More likely a GT3 IMO.
They already have a GT3 car?

P1 would naturally be first choice. A GTE the second.

Beyond that I'm not fussed.

The PR material sounds promising. You don't stream a press conference unless it's a big deal. DTM for me doesn't really fit in the the 'innovation that excites' line that Darren Cox has been banding around. Only one move makes sense, and that's P1 for 2014.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3209253)   #9
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They already have a GT3 car?

P1 would naturally be first choice. A GTE the second.

Beyond that I'm not fussed.
Agree 100%. I dream of P1 for 2014 but really doubt it. Seeing as it is Nismo announcement, just assuming it will be production based. I was referring more to an increased presence in GT3, not a new car.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3209255)   #10
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...NASCAR...

Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3209257)   #11
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Agree 100%. I dream of P1 for 2014 but really doubt it. Seeing as it is Nismo announcement, just assuming it will be production based. I was referring more to an increased presence in GT3, not a new car.
Top line of the PR FIRE kindly posted talks about a motorsport announcement so let's see.

Here is the teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WXR0oNM2-ow
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3209260)   #12
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Top line of the PR FIRE kindly posted talks about a motorsport announcement so let's see.

Here is the teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WXR0oNM2-ow
Sorry. Not clear enough, production car based race effort, hence the GT3 comment. I really hope they're not over hyping what this is.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3209265)   #13
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that will be the 2014 LFA GT 500!!!!!

Or the GT-R GT300 evolution with hybrid power.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3209266)   #14
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
you know the LFA is a Toyota, right?

Won't get my hopes up; last time I did that it was Oreca's CN announcement!

N24 announcement maybe? SuperGT looks a lot more likely from that promo though.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3209268)   #15
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post

Or the GT-R GT300 evolution with hybrid power.
That would be cool, the January issue of Racecar Engineering has a great article on the Honda and Toyota GT300 Hybrids.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3209274)   #16
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Next Generation- SuperGT ties up with DTM in 2014. Next generation SGT/DTM car?
Old 22 Feb 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3209276)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
CEO Ghosn is making announcement so it's important but I think it's mainly about introduction of NISMO versions in the future.
Performance is coming back to the car market (see the recent development in BHP at GTI's), so I think your right, the announcement is going to be about NISMO performance versions of their road cars. Maybe a WTCC program?
Old 22 Feb 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3209288)   #18
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OMG i´m so stupid, a nissan LFA!!!!

I´m very confused right now, that because i gave a bath to my son and he splash water all over the place, including my head

Seriously, i think is a hybrid powertrain for the GT 300.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3209366)   #19
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm intrigued by what it might be. I'm really hoping its a LMP1 programme, I can't think of another global series that would fit their business.
It can't be F1, the WTCC is a farce, and the WRC is recovering slowly.....
Old 22 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3209392)   #20
Ratzenberger
Rookie

Austria
Salzburg
Ratzenberger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going with a WEC GTE in 2014 as it's the next logical step for the GTR.

Just wondering here, could the GT1 machine be converted to current GTE spec or are the differences between the 2 like night and day? I honestly haven't got a clue and I was thinking if it could then the Matech Ford GT's could be done aswell...
Old 23 Feb 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3209420)   #21
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzenberger View Post

Just wondering here, could the GT1 machine be converted to current GTE spec or are the differences between the 2 like night and day? I honestly haven't got a clue and I was thinking if it could then the Matech Ford GT's could be done aswell...
Tube frame silhouette cars, no chance.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3209434)   #22
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzenberger View Post

Just wondering here, could the GT1 machine be converted to current GTE spec or are the differences between the 2 like night and day? .
In these days of waivers, it certainly could be done. If the Z4 gets in with a V8, why not.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3209445)   #23
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
This "big announcement" obviously has to do something with sportscar racing. "GLOBAL" can only mean FIA-WEC + 24h Le Mans IMHO. This would further be a logical explanation for NISSAN's recent exit from the DeltaWing project.

With NISSAN developping hybrid powertrains, what is the logical choice then ? It MUST be LMP1. That would be great news for the future of FIA-WEC. Another constructor entry in LMP1 and direct competition for Toyota. Japanese fans (but not only) are going to get crazy about this
Old 23 Feb 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3209447)   #24
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Ben Bowlby is involved somehow?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3209450)   #25
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I wonder if Ben Bowlby is involved somehow?
Good question. His exit from the DeltaWing project might not be a coincidence