Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jun 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1626653)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tourist Trophy - anyone get it?

I did.

The biking version of Gran Turismo sneaked onto the shelves on Friday without so much as a hint of fanfare. I spotted it yesterday in Tesco and picked it up.

It's not bad, I have to say. Good fun going round the Nordschleife on a Ducati 999 for example.

However, I am a bit miffed that you don't have many opponents to race against, you can't tune the bikes, there is only one new track (Valencia, sadly) and the bikes sometimes look extremely odd when they slide. And I haven't yet pulled a wheelie or a stoppie, I don't think it is possible on this game.

Also you can't buy bikes: you have to win them in extraordinarily simple tasks which involve catching a similar bike up the road within a few laps and leading for ten unbroken seconds. How stupid is that?

So I think this is a game that has potential for the future and this first version is quite good, but it isn't quite right. A rush job then, but not a bad rush job.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1627032)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm, I think I'll go rent it on tuesday first...
Old 5 Jun 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1627884)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I had a more extensive play on it last night and it is so shallow it is see through.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE!!!

Although I still enjoy photo-mode.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1627908)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
However, I am a bit miffed that you don't have many opponents to race against, you can't tune the bikes, there is only one new track (Valencia, sadly) and the bikes sometimes look extremely odd when they slide. And I haven't yet pulled a wheelie or a stoppie, I don't think it is possible on this game.

Also you can't buy bikes: you have to win them in extraordinarily simple tasks which involve catching a similar bike up the road within a few laps and leading for ten unbroken seconds. How stupid is that?
I think these statements made up my mind on this one.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1629402)   #5
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is all very disappointing. How well does it replicate riding a bike. I've never understood how you can get close with a computer game.

And you can't wheelie? Mashing the throttle in 1st gear and 6-7K revs on a 1000cc sportsbike should do it so if that's not modelled properly it makes you wonder about the physics.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1629471)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The handling is more or less the same as the MotoGP series on X-Box, minus the wheelies and stoppies.

Maybe there is something in the options I can adjust to make it possible....but I can't be bothered to load the game up.

I hadn't played on a console properly for three months, this game has just made it more difficult to motivate myself to do that.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1630139)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There must be driving/riding aids switched on.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1630204)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Must be.....

I was just thinking I saw pictures of wheelies.

Still, I shan't load it up.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1630285)   #9
poleaxe
Rookie

poleaxe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The game by default is set in the "standard mode" you need to go into the options and put it in pro mode, if you wanna slide the bike, pull wheelies and do stoppies.

The handling is of the bikes is great, definitely the best handling bike game on any console, but it is lacking in the racing department - that should be fixed in Gran Turismo 5 which will have cars and bikes in it. I believe Tourist Trophy was made to lay down foundations; developing motorcycle physics, modelling bikes etc.

Here is a screen of a GT Prototype, GT4 in high definition:

Old 8 Jun 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1630297)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Excellent!

Another gripe is the 10 second penalty when you shave the grass. Despite this being disadvantageous!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1630652)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I tried it without aids and it is still rubbish.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1630886)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I did.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Tourist+Trophy
whatch this....hmmm.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1630887)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleaxe
The game by default is set in the "standard mode" you need to go into the options and put it in pro mode, if you wanna slide the bike, pull wheelies and do stoppies.

The handling is of the bikes is great, definitely the best handling bike game on any console, but it is lacking in the racing department - that should be fixed in Gran Turismo 5 which will have cars and bikes in it. I believe Tourist Trophy was made to lay down foundations; developing motorcycle physics, modelling bikes etc.

Here is a screen of a GT Prototype, GT4 in high definition:

as long as cars race against cars and bikes race against bikes, I'm fine with that.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1631039)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hrm.

If they combined RSII , TT and Superbike IOM or whatever that'd be cool.

RSII was fantastic as i've said, once you get used to the controlls, I guess i'll stick with that then.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1631130)   #15
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weightshifting is made with the left joystick, when you brake and push joystick to front it makes a stoppie, when you accelerate and move joystick to rear it makes a wheelie. It also reduces the turning radius, when you shift your weight to front with it.
I think this is quite enjoyable motorcycling game, but last one I played was Castrol Honda Superbikes on PS 1.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 Jun 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1631198)   #16
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Hrm.

If they combined RSII , TT and Superbike IOM or whatever that'd be cool.

RSII was fantastic as i've said, once you get used to the controlls, I guess i'll stick with that then.
I Love RSII!
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1631233)   #17
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have to say i like it a lot.but its not better than IOM superbikes(or whatever its name is)
Old 11 Jun 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1631637)   #18
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
OK I'm now convinced you can pull wheelies and stoppies. I'm still not 100% convinced by the physics modelling though.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1631646)   #19
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent!

Another gripe is the 10 second penalty when you shave the grass. Despite this being disadvantageous!
Rather reminisciant of TRD3 there...
Old 11 Jun 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1631751)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
You never see damage in motorcycle games, I would love to see some damage!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1633695)   #21
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
Weightshifting is made with the left joystick, when you brake and push joystick to front it makes a stoppie, when you accelerate and move joystick to rear it makes a wheelie. It also reduces the turning radius, when you shift your weight to front with it.
I think this is quite enjoyable motorcycling game, but last one I played was Castrol Honda Superbikes on PS 1.
Are the physics clever enough to allow counter-steering?
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1634591)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
You never see damage in motorcycle games, I would love to see some damage!
Surprising, given your track record.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1634667)   #23
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahahah lmfao
Nice one knowlesy
Old 15 Jun 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1635084)   #24
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually there was damage in WSBK 2000 Only it was very strange...
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1635181)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Refresh my memory....I had that game, but remember nothing of it.