Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Dec 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3693644)   #1
AFC-911
Racer

AFC-911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or did all the full footage of endurance races disappeared?

I can't seem to find some full race footage of Spa or Le Mans from the past couple of years on YouTube.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3693723)   #2
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC-911 View Post
I can't seem to find some full race footage of Spa or Le Mans from the past couple of years on YouTube.
WEC races?
Old 5 Dec 2016, 04:38 (Ref:3693743)   #3
AFC-911
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
WEC races?
Yeah, it's all just highlights. I see IMSA has posted their entire PLM race this year.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 06:16 (Ref:3693753)   #4
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah, it's all just highlights. I see IMSA has posted their entire PLM race this year.
Sadly races are behind a paywall. And everything I've seen put up from people who have recorded the races has been taken down.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 06:18 (Ref:3693754)   #5
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They are not available. Some FIA/ACO bs. The highlights IMO fail quite often to do the one thing they're supposed to do: tell the story of the race.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3694985)   #6
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 type behaviour. ******s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Dec 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3694986)   #7
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
They are not available. Some FIA/ACO bs. The highlights IMO fail quite often to do the one thing they're supposed to do: tell the story of the race.
Have to agree with that. It feels more like a commercial with too much focus on things aound like "Look how good and high profile championship this is, come and spend youre money here with us!".

I have watched the entire race sometimes and then watch the highlight a few weeks afterwards, and it doenst even feel like the same race! Sure all the crashes etc is still there, but the story, as you say, on how a certain car manage to pull a gap for the lead, or managed to reel in someone for the lead is often missed.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3695070)   #8
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Perhaps that is why I have more of a connection to IMSA, SRO, and Crevantic. You can get their stuff.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 00:16 (Ref:3695075)   #9
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Perhaps that is why I have more of a connection to IMSA, SRO, and Crevantic. You can get their stuff.
You can get ELMS too. All free on YouTube and Daily Motion.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3695360)   #10
kbeech
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA
kbeech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, not just me who noticed. I haven't really watched LeMans in a few years (work midshift, hard to watch any live event). I usually watch via YouTube. In the last few years I've noticed the full race hasn't been available. I kind of figured it was just the ACO/FIA protecting there turf.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 03:10 (Ref:3695404)   #11
Downforce1
Rookie

United States
Downforce1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: archived WEC races

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You can get ELMS too. All free on YouTube and Daily Motion.
And that's a great thing. Most series stream live and are available. I'm in South Korea so I am able to watch IMSA.com live. Occasionally Fanschoice.tv will stream, especially for qualifying. Asian Le Mans on YouTube is ramping up their coverage.

Not paying to watch WEC next year. Stream degrades quickly and can't access archived races via PC, which is insane.

Last edited by Downforce1; 12 Dec 2016 at 03:12. Reason: grammar
Old 12 Dec 2016, 07:55 (Ref:3695433)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been saying for years now that putting minority series (sorry guys but no matter what you say sportscar racing at this level other than one race is) behind paywalls is a dumb, stupid and selfish idea and serves only to remove possible casual fans from being able to simply dip in.

Only a couple of series can really sustain it at the moment, and one of them will bomb as soon as it's greatest star leaves or retires.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3695812)   #13
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I missed the last few Wec races this year, is there actually anywhere to watch them in full?

Old 13 Dec 2016, 13:57 (Ref:3695817)   #14
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I missed the last few Wec races this year, is there actually anywhere to watch them in full?

Unless you are subscribed to the WEC through there mobile app. No. Dailysportscar talks about this in their article about the fan's view of the series. Just came out this week. This very issue is at the forefront of the discussion.

There is truth to that. I would be much more likely to subscribe if they have full replays for a laptop/PC computer.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3695833)   #15
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you the same one who got into it with Eve from RLM over this?

If it's posted to YouTube and not done by official means, it's stolen content and should be removed. Don't like it? Too bad
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 13 Dec 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3695837)   #16
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Are you the same one who got into it with Eve from RLM over this?

If it's posted to YouTube and not done by official means, it's stolen content and should be removed. Don't like it? Too bad

Who me or masked racer?

I'm happy to pay for the app, which I have just done. But could only find a full rerun of the Bahrain race, which is a shame. Unless I'm not looking properly on the app

Old 13 Dec 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3695848)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
A bit pedantic, but it's not quite that binary. There is a third option that copyright holders can choose with respect to YouTube. They can also decide to monetize anytime their content is posted by someone else. So for example, lets say I upload a race video. The YouTube ContentID system might find it and recognize it as belonging to someone else. The copyright holder might decide to have it pulled... or they can also leave my video up, but to gather any ad revenue generated from it.

Broadly speaking, and without getting into the cost/value side, the paywall solutions provide a lesser solution (inconsistency in streaming, difficulty in viewing back catalog of events, per series solutions). So until those issues are addressed people will continue to try to find alternatives such as YouTube.

I posted some similar comments in a similar thread in the F1 forum. My opinion is that live or prior event content should not "only" be viewed as a strong source for revenue. Particularly in niche series (also mentioned above). A strong consideration should be using it to grow fan interest. Shouldn't nascent fans have an inexpensive or even free way to experience the history of the sport? Prior events can be the "gateway drug" into full on addiction and stickiness.

The quote I used in that other thread is that information about prior events is slowly being converted into "oral history". In many cases, you just can't see old races, so the details exist in the occasional book or maybe a wikipedia summary of the event. But the real details end up discussed in places like this which as fun as it is... can be wholly unsatisfying when compared to the real thing.

Richard
Old 13 Dec 2016, 16:32 (Ref:3695874)   #18
AFC-911
Racer

That's just the thing! I dragged a friend (who's not into racing) to the 12 Hour Classic at Sebring and he had a great time.

I was going to send him last year's or the year before from Spa, specifically for the P1 battle through Eau Rouge...Just so he can get an idea of how a true endurance race is.

He has never seen the current P1s race. Only ALMS R8 era and before and he already thinks that pace is bonkers...And that wasn't even with factory drivers and support going 10/10!

* Note, I've also been watching some old ALMS races that I watched live and it's so weird having to follow it without live timing.