Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 May 2018, 01:04 (Ref:3825572)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Lowndes RPM

This weeks RPM is in depth interview with Craig Lowndes.

Hopefully Mr Phelps will be watching.
Old 31 May 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3825891)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Mr. Phelps' social media accounts, he'll be too busy toning his muscles and slicking his hair so he can look his best for Instagram.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 00:46 (Ref:3825942)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And here’s me wondering if it wasn’t all a publicity stunt to get Mr Lowndes, and indeed Autobarn, in the newspapers and now on the teev...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Jun 2018, 03:00 (Ref:3825952)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And here’s me wondering if it wasn’t all a publicity stunt to get Mr Lowndes, and indeed Autobarn, in the newspapers and now on the teev...

Cynicism doesn't become you GTR
Old 3 Jun 2018, 06:33 (Ref:3826346)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Judging by the RPM episode... it would be difficult to argue with a cynical view, to propel an old soldier to the front of the stage, into the limelight...
Old 3 Jun 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3826409)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Thought that was a good piece. Mark Howard is really getting quite good at this style of interview isn't he?

I guess it's to be expected but it really is amazing how much like his father Craig looks as his hair gets more grey.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3826529)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Judging by the RPM episode... it would be difficult to argue with a cynical view, to propel an old soldier to the front of the stage, into the limelight...
Or maybe he just wanted to defend himself after being crucified in the media. Beginning with a cynical view is probably not the best starting point
Old 3 Jun 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3826613)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Or maybe he just wanted to defend himself after being crucified in the media. Beginning with a cynical view is probably not the best starting point
Except there was zero reference to retirement, in answering the issues spoken of in the article that was claimed to be so blatantly wrong.

Having worked thru various possible causes and outcomes, the one that stands out is the purposeful, intentional media beatup, designed for a next level of promotion.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 01:43 (Ref:3826661)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seemed very orchestrated, but good interview nonetheless.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 00:13 (Ref:3834908)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile in Townsville,

Lowndes announces fulltime retirement. Will stay on at Triple Eight as an enduro driver, coupled with work on the TV broadcast.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3834909)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
CL Retirement announcement article here.

What a career and what a gifted driver he's been, he'll be greatly missed but I think that he has his timing about right.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3834915)   #12
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is Skaife?
Old 6 Jul 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3835038)   #13
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I've only in recent weeks begun watching Supercars after a near decade of not (not by choice, I'm in the UK and without access to most good things!)

Mr Lowndes was one of the guys I used to root for and one of not too many names I now know in the field. Super driver, great personality, all the best Craig ��

Be super if he can pull off another Bathurst win in his co-driver role for 2019!