Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Apr 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3895252)   #166
ivozet
Rookie

ivozet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
49 cars entered for Monza

Expected more, 5 less than 2018 edition.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3895534)   #167
ivozet
Rookie

ivozet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 Pro in 2018
19 Pro in 2019

No 720, no Corvette, no Jaguar, no Lexus and M6 in pro.

Welcome to the Amateur League on high budged and low cost drivers
Old 5 Apr 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3895574)   #168
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivozet View Post
24 Pro in 2018
19 Pro in 2019

No 720, no Corvette, no Jaguar, no Lexus and M6 in pro.

Welcome to the Amateur League on high budged and low cost drivers

Well, pretty sure the championship with probably the most factory drivers in the world is not low budget
Old 6 Apr 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3895749)   #169
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But you have Audi, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin and Bentley.. not really much to complain in terms of car diversity there.

The Jaguar is a privately built car which I don't remember running in Pro the last few years, same with the GT3 Corvette which only ran in ADAC GT Masters and maybe 2-3 more races around the world.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3895777)   #170
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Well, pretty sure the championship with probably the most factory drivers in the world is not low budget
Donīt feed the troll.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3896013)   #171
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iím curious why whether Endurance is becoming less important as IGTC grows....

Although an IGTC and BES campaign combined make for a pretty well rounded season.

On the topic of IGTC, they are now just missing South America, and the Middle East before this is a truly ultra global series.

I wonder if they will look to absorb something like the Gulf 12 hrs to expand the series in the future. Itíd make a nice addition to the calendar, and would be a better race with the more professional field IGTC is starting to bring
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3896021)   #172
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
On the topic of IGTC, they are now just missing South America, and the Middle East before this is a truly ultra global series.

I wonder if they will look to absorb something like the Gulf 12 hrs to expand the series in the future. It’d make a nice addition to the calendar, and would be a better race with the more professional field IGTC is starting to bring
I agree. The IGTC has the potential to be an awesome series...it arguably already is.

Two iconic races (Bathurst and Spa)
Two races at iconic tracks with long endurance histories (Suzuka and Kyalami)

One new race at an iconic venue with potential to be a classic (Laguna Seca)

I'm not sure if Abu Dhabi quite has that iconic potential, but the Gulf 12 could certainly be an event SRO could build.

Edited to add: it already has a 24, 12, 10, 9 and 8 hour race. And the Gulf 12 is actually run as 2x6s. Perfect :-)
Old 8 Apr 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3896246)   #173
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the Goodwood Member's Meeting last weekend McLaren debuted the Senna GTR and provided various road cars for selfie-taking guests to do hot laps.

Yet the were unable to persuade anyone to buy their brand new GT3 car to run in the world's biggest GT3 series.

Can't help thinking they haven't quite got their priorities right.

Incredible limited cars for millionaires to drive on track days - check.

Programmes in actual competitive race series - not so much.
Old 8 Apr 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3896319)   #174
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
At the Goodwood Member's Meeting last weekend McLaren debuted the Senna GTR and provided various road cars for selfie-taking guests to do hot laps.

Yet the were unable to persuade anyone to buy their brand new GT3 car to run in the world's biggest GT3 series.

Can't help thinking they haven't quite got their priorities right.

Incredible limited cars for millionaires to drive on track days - check.

Programmes in actual competitive race series - not so much.
I believe this is still very much a development year for the Mclaren GT3, much like Bentley did with the new Continental in its first year.

Mclaren are just running a select number of customers for the year before a big push in 2020 with a (hopefully) proven car.

As for absence from Blancpain, it does seem absurd, I think they focused more on their big new tie in with Teo Martin at the GT Open. Easy wins maybe.. I cant help but think its a mistake not at least being in the rest of IGTC
Old 13 Apr 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3897237)   #175
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me i have nothing relevant to add to this discussion because im pathetic but i wish we could have more round specific entries, for example some British GT teams entering Silverstone, Italian GT teams coming out at Monza. I dont know, im not smart but ill just enjoy what we have now because lets be honest, in 20 years time will non electric motorsport exist?
Old 13 Apr 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3897239)   #176
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
in 20 years time will non electric motorsport exist?
Sailing continues to exist despite being irrelevant to the marine industry.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3897257)   #177
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And horse racing along with other equestrian activities continue to be fairly popular considering they haven't been the main form of transport for close to 100 years.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3897262)   #178
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose cycling falls under that to an extent too.

Motorsport needs to be away from the idea of having to be road relevant and it will survive fine. As long as there are enough wealthy people who want to run and drive these cars, manufacturers will build them. Even if in 20 years we're seeing GT Cars that have no road version and are running a Judd engine or something.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3897731)   #179
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
A few observations from an enjoyable weekend in Monza (my first visit there).

40+ GT3 cars is an awesome spectacle. Great sound, colour, variety. Just so much fun. Let's not take it for granted - these are great times for GT racing!

Monza is wonderfully historic (the old banking is amazing to see) but it is very scruffy and badly in need of some TLC, which of course requires money which isn't available. The setting is beautiful and it's good to walk around, but the fences make it hard to see more than a small part of the track at once and photo spots are hard to find (basically, the three chicanes).

The Monza marshals are impressive - they react so fast and so efficiently to the many crashes and spills.

Before the race start I was sitting in the grandstand in multiple thick layers, 3 pairs of socks, two hats and gloves and I was still cold. All the grid walk VIPs had umbrellas, the marshals had waterproofs and the teams had various rain protections and coats. Yet the grid girls were left standing for nearly an hour in pouring rain and freezing cold, wearing short skirts, flat shoes and with no umbrellas. Many (but not all) were eventually given umbrellas by sympathetic mechanics or drivers. I'm not trying to argue the rights and wrongs of grid girls but they should be treated better than they were on Sunday.

Photos will follow in a few weeks - I have quite the backlog now!
Old 16 Apr 2019, 01:35 (Ref:3897821)   #180
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Well Monza is a great place to start and itís great there are so many cars on the grid. That combination always provides great racing. But letís not get too carried away

Monza is still a great racetrack and the banking is great for itís history. Of course the facilities could be improved, but itís a great setting and a few tweaks here and there will help

Certainly rain must have livened things up. Letís enjoy this style of racing while we can