Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Apr 2019, 01:47 (Ref:3896713)   #796
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
openness is a type of humility and respect for that is very much the Canadian way.

That pretty much sums up Justin Trudeau.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 11 Apr 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3896825)   #797
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
That pretty much sums up Justin Trudeau.
touche!
Old 14 Apr 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3897476)   #798
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camera cuts to a bewildered looking Clare apparently leant on a flight case in the back of the Garage - not sat at a Command Centre plinth type setup like Toto who also appears to have a grip. Honestly itís time - just take the money but get someone in with Gravitas and knowledge, please ?
Old 14 Apr 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3897537)   #799
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Camera cuts to a bewildered looking Clare apparently leant on a flight case in the back of the Garage - not sat at a Command Centre plinth type setup like Toto who also appears to have a grip. Honestly itís time - just take the money but get someone in with Gravitas and knowledge, please ?
His Ronness may need to reappear in the paddock
Perpetuate The Cycle..
Manufacturing Intellect..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 15 Apr 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3897588)   #800
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
His Ronness may need to reappear in the paddock
Adam Parr, Pat Symonds , Adrian Newey ? Ah no all been and gone......
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3897682)   #801
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Parr decided it wasnít for him, donít know what Symonds is doing now. Is Newey still at RBR? But Williams are in a lot of mess with so many staff leaving
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3897699)   #802
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Pat Symonds is now I think part of the FOM technical team under Ross Brawn, looking at regulations and options for the future.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3897713)   #803
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Well it was hard to keep track of him when he left Renault, at least he has a good job now
Old 16 Apr 2019, 02:17 (Ref:3897840)   #804
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Adam Parr, Pat Symonds , Adrian Newey ? Ah no all been and gone......
Sure but Mr Dennis could buy the shares out in the world and go make a play to squeeze out the founding family. Or not. The possibility exists
Perpetuate The Cycle..
Manufacturing Intellect..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 16 Apr 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3897961)   #805
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sure but Mr Dennis could buy the shares out in the world and go make a play to squeeze out the founding family. Or not. The possibility exists
Would he want to?
Old 16 Apr 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3897989)   #806
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
donít know what Symonds is doing now. leaving
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Pat Symonds is now I think part of the FOM technical team under Ross Brawn, looking at regulations and options for the future.
Correct, one of the things he has been working on for a few years now is the possible change of the grid formation:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...anges/4323615/

** I know the topic of the article might be better suited to future rule changes, but it shows Symonds' current role **
Old 16 Apr 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3898008)   #807
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
for sure the possibility exists, but if RD came in and forced out the family i think i would hate him for it.

no doubt there could be worse people to show up to buy the team though. a self promoting billionaire or a faceless corporation/hedge fund are things i would hate more....and sadly one of which im sure we will get one day.

and when that day comes i think we will all miss the family regardless of how unsuccessful their end was.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3898035)   #808
S griffin
Veteran

Well I doubt it would happen, RDís time is up and I canít see the family allowing it either

Certainly the team could be bought out, but the family would still have some influence over it. They will always be there, itís their team
Old 16 Apr 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3898075)   #809
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Certainly the team could be bought out, but the family would still have some influence over it. They will always be there, itís their team
About as much influence as Eddie Jordan had at Force India?
Old 16 Apr 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3898082)   #810
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
They paid his drinkies bill for a year..or 2 or 3...