Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Mar 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3892645)   #1006
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it worth joining the ACO for the "VIP" areas?

And yes, we are staying in the flexotel. I'm far too long in the tooth for proper camping.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3892647)   #1007
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The cost of joining the ACO is rather expensive if you do not take full advantage of the discounts on tickets/camping/grandstands but if you join whilst you are there then you will get the discounts for next years tickets. The VIP area's are good if the weather is grim, with the use of better toilets and food in b oth the ACO grandstand and the area close to the dunlop bridge. You also get a welcome pack that includes programme and stickers. Next year you will also get discounts on the Classic tickets
Old 22 Mar 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3892735)   #1008
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's up to your own expectations, I find it worth the money if only for the privat areas. Descent toilet, affordable food and drinks and less crowdy. If you also buy tickets, you get better prices, acces (tour) to the privat area at scruteneering and to me it feels good supporting the organisation wich organises the race I 'love'.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3892792)   #1009
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Growl and Tame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
It's up to your own expectations, I find it worth the money if only for the privat areas. Descent toilet, affordable food and drinks and less crowdy. If you also buy tickets, you get better prices, acces (tour) to the privat area at scruteneering and to me it feels good supporting the organisation wich organises the race I 'love'.
Exactly this. When I first joined (1997) I only did it for the after-race pack, but since then I have saved on ticket prices, have been able to sit in member only grandstands and use the excellent facilities behind T17/T18 as well as the very welcome area down at Dunlop which is a Godsend after much walking around during the night.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3892816)   #1010
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im sold.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3892922)   #1011
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Make sure you get, Racing Auto membership.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3892926)   #1012
Aysedasi
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Im sold.
Good man. Even if you don't have a seat in T17/T18, you can still use the superclean loos, showers and the cafe upstairs.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3893359)   #1013
CTD
Subscriber
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good man. Even if you don't have a seat in T17/T18, you can still use the superclean loos, showers and the cafe upstairs.
Not forgetting charging points, tv, hourly timingsheets and a warm place to sit during the night (often used to sleep - why I never understand, so I walk by)
Old 25 Mar 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3893374)   #1014
Aysedasi
20KPINAL

England
Sleep? Computer says no.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3897670)   #1015
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question for the experts, particularly the photographers.

What would be a sensible plan for getting as many photos from as many different parts of the track as possible done during the practice and qualifying sessions?

I ask because the grandstands are free and there will be a lot fewer people. Of course there are also a lot fewer hours!

For ease of quoting, the sessions are:

Weds 1600-2000 (day)
Weds 2200-0000 (night)
Thu 1900-2130 (day/twilight)
Thu 2200-0000 (night)

Cheers!
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3897690)   #1016
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would suggest walking the circuit area on Wednesday afternoon and evening and then driving to Mulsanne and Arnarge on Thursday evening. Traffic will be much lighter than during the race and Thursday evening the speeds will be higher for those action shoots along the straights after Mulsanne and at Arnarge for the glowing disc's.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3897703)   #1017
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
That sounds right. Probably the best thing you can do. Le Mans at night is one of the best, especially down Mulsanne
Old 17 Apr 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3898206)   #1018
Aysedasi
20KPINAL

England
Definitely get out to the back of the circuit.

Our plan is generally

Grandstand for free practice
Arnage or Mulsanne for 1st qually
Grandstand again or Tertre Rouge for 2nd qually
Mulsanne or Arnage for 3rd qually.

That way we not only get out to both enclosures at the back of the circuit during qualifying, we get to see qualifying from there twice in the dark - which is not to be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That sounds right. Probably the best thing you can do. Le Mans at night is one of the best, especially down Mulsanne

But unless you have your personal cloaking device handy, or you are clever at sneaking around or know a marshal or have a table looking out from one of the restaurants, you won't get to watch from the Mulsanne....
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3898217)   #1019
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But unless you have your personal cloaking device handy, or you are clever at sneaking around or know a marshal or have a table looking out from one of the restaurants, you won't get to watch from the Mulsanne....
Definitely no spectating where I'll be (8/9bis, driver's left, roughly from where the tram passes under the track near Decathlon/Antares down to about 100m short of the first chicane). 1.3km of flat chat acceleration!

When the track's live though it's an awful long drive to practically anywhere for us, so I suspect I won't be moving very far - which means I might get some piccies taken, especially at night when I'm off shift.

I'm not remotely excited. Nope.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3898271)   #1020
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What date will the camp sites be open from this year?