Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

PAU HISTORIQUE
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

24 May 2019 to 26 May 2019 06:30 to 17:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

HVM organised event at the lovely and historic town with it's temporary street circuit.

UK grids to include HGPCA, Formula Junior (non championship) and FF2000 grids. Also to be joined by the enthusiastic I.H.E racers.

Old 12 Apr 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3897089)   #16
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Ferry costs (for the privateer) are a mystery. This morning I booked DFDS return Dover-Calais in May for a car, cost me £90 in total and I cursed because if I'd done it 2 days ago I could have saved £20. This evening, thinking about going back for Pau 1 week later, it would cost £300 with a trailer. Quite a hike, so I looked again at the same boats I got the 90 quid crossing on. Price has doubled in 8 hours. How do they justify that??? Yeah, yeah, I know - supply & demand. Nevertheless, when we were running trucks the price never varied from one month to the next so the deal for Joe Public smacks of exploitation.
I read somewhere about clearing browser history after being on some websites, because if it recognised you when returning, the price would be higher.....

But you’re right, freight prices seem to be fixed for the season, except for the emissions / fuel ‘surcharge’ that can vary a small percentage.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3897151)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grant to go with you and this excellent training video for nurses and flying bimbos, please accept a french lesson. I dont say accept a french letter. Learn more about coucougnettes: take two stars from the forum, Delta and Colin my hero, take a fookin electric trouble affecting your car after a 20 thousands miles travel. Find the said gremlin when the races are over…*And you obtain a very well known french sentence which could be said with Iain's accent: "C'est un truc à se bouffer les couilles!"
See what I mean?
Old 13 Apr 2019, 05:38 (Ref:3897152)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Mike they do what is supposed to be illegal, known as IP tracking. In fact, once you're connected every single information is recorded. Dont forget the first thing you do after purchasing a computer is to enter your personal data… Even a change of the HD won't cure that.
Surprisingly My Lady is back from London I'll ask her how to avoid at least IP tracking… You will be suggested to use Tor or to start your purchase at home and finish it at your office. Not very much helpful in your case!
Old 13 Apr 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3897160)   #19
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
So, back to my question. Still looking for transport for one FF. Nothing to do with me personally, just trying to help a racer friend of a friend......

If Iain or anyone can give me Tom Smith’s contact details, I’ll ask him.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3897167)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the case Mike .
Old 13 Apr 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3897174)   #21
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Thanks! Just found Tom’s email so have asked....
Old 8 May 2019, 04:03 (Ref:3902544)   #22
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Latest Timetable...

https://www.hvmracing.fr/wp-content/...ue-2019_V2.pdf
Old 8 May 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3902669)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People keep telling e this will e the very last race meeting at Pau . What do you know Gerrard .
Old 8 May 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3902671)   #24
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this thread-sorry can t help-am only a spectator but have been to Pau at least three times for F2/F3000-is a beautiful place-hope you get some thing sorted out! Had thought I might be able to organiise a trip until I realised it was on the same weekend as Monaco,Indianapolis
Old 8 May 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3902688)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Iain, this kind of announcement has been done several times about Pau circuit en ville. Often its about politics, environment, greens, and stuff. Matter of fact, it brings a lot of money to this area. By experience I can tell you how much complicated it is to hold a meeting there. You need to rent a lot of people to check spectators, several entries, several competitors areas…
There seem to be a more serious threaten on another french track, the nice Ledenon located near Nîmes. The once to be used anti clockwise in France. Really a nice place to have fun.
PS I say Pau circuit en ville because there's another track named Pau-Arnos located few miles away from Pau town.
Old 8 May 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3902690)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Iain, just found some local info. May be you know there are to Grand Prix held there, one for modern cars the other for historics. They are talking about having both on the same weekend. In a near future.
Old 9 May 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3902720)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thank you Gerard .
Old 9 May 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3902727)   #28
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Iain, just found some local info. May be you know there are two Grand Prix held there, one for modern cars the other for historics. They are talking about having both on the same weekend. In a near future.
I can see how that having both events on the same weekend would cut costs considerably, and ease local disruption, but I also think that it would reduce income for the locals that make money from the racing?

It would also reduce the amount of races that could be held for historic cars over the weekend, I would have thought.
Old 9 May 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3902731)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I can see how that having both events on the same weekend would cut costs considerably, and ease local disruption, but I also think that it would reduce income for the locals that make money from the racing?

It would also reduce the amount of races that could be held for historic cars over the weekend, I would have thought.
Heaven forbid.... logic in a motorsports forum.
(I agree wholeheartedly)
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 9 May 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3902744)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mike, agreed, again. There's enough history, experience, knowledge and will to have a little Monaco there. As you say two weekends will bring more spectators, even if different ones, more paying competitors meaning more money for hotels, restaurants, gaz stations, bakeries and croissanteries and even more money for the highway tolls.
I already said it, as an organiser the question was not how much money we could make but how to manage not to lose money! We had to deal with numbered seats in the grandstands which didn't help to satisfy the spectators tho…

Delta, dont mention it, my pleasure