Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3883850)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who are you rooting for this year?

Of course, we are all fans of motorsport and Formula 1 may be a part of that. Usually, I mostly just like to see good racing, but from time to time, I find I cheer on one team or driver a little bit in particular. It may be an underdog or a big-name team or driver.

Is there anyone in particular you'll be particularly happy for if they do well this year? The thread came to mind because I was thinking about Williams and how much there is to support. For one, they have got two absolute racers in there - one the Formula 2 champion and another a down-to-earth guy who is a classic Williams driver in the traditional mould - no airs or graces, but steely determination.

For another, they have somehow survived where others haven't and even though they've been in the doldrums, they remain Williams and have not allowed themselves to be bought out. They finished stone last last year and yet there is hope there that they still understand this motor racing thing enough to get more out of their season.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3883860)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alfa Romeo / Sauber to break into the top end of midfield is my biggest wish. Well, for them to score a podium would be utopia. Especially if it is Kimi.
I would like Williams to not get the wooden spoon, and I ache for Renault to beat Red Bull and be #3.
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3883861)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
team would be Racing Point. i hope they can continue on where FI left off and with a bit more money maybe some podiums are on the table.

driver is Kimi at Sauber. i think he is the best personality on the grid and as i get older i find myself rooting for the old guys more.

RK comeback is also a special note and i hope Williams have provided a car for him do so with...although my launch window optimism for Williams tends to leave me even more disappointed by mid season.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3883862)   #4
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice idea for a thread. For me I have multiple things I would "like" to see happen. In no particular order...

* Not particularly a Ferrari fan, but I would sort of like to see Ferrari win the WCC. Mostly as I would like to see someone other than Mercedes and Ferrari is likely the best contender
* I am hoping Kubica does well. Worst case he proves to be terrible and tarnishes his name.
* I would like to see Leclerc really challenge Vettel.
* I would like to see Vettel rise to the challenge of Leclerc. Problem is.. Vettel seems to not handle pressure well? Seems to be mistake prone in that scenario.
* I would LOVE to see Honda win a race with RBR. I can only dream of them taking the fight to Mercedes and Ferrari. If I could pick one thing on this list to happen... this would be it!
* I always wish Williams well as they were the first team I fell in love with.
* I am hoping Kimi is proven to be immortal, and as such he races in F1 forever

Things I feel guilty about wishing for...

* I sort of don't want Kvyat to do well. Mostly because bringing him back makes little sense to me and I would like to be right about that.
* Drama with regards to Rich Energy. I have a bucket of popcorn all ready for that.

Richard
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3883874)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Ok, so here we go - things I want to see this season:
  • Someone other than Mercedes to win the Constructors Championship.
  • Someone other than Lewis to win the Drivers Championship.
  • Kimi to carry on being Kimi.
  • A team other than Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull to win a race.

As for teams I root for - used to be Jordan back in the day, now I'm less bothered (I can think of reasons to not like several teams though). Driver is easy - Kimi! I hope Kubica does well too after everything he's been through.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3883876)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I hope Ricciardo does well with Renault as he is my favourite driver due to his sunny personality. I hope RBR-Honda has enough to challenge Ferrari and Merc. I hope Leclerc shows his talent in that Ferrari. I really hope Kimi can do something with Alfa. And I hope Bobby can help Williams get out of their hole
Old 13 Feb 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3883893)   #7
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Honda pull out of F1 and put the money into Super GT
Old 13 Feb 2019, 23:50 (Ref:3883982)   #8
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm also pulling for Kimi, D. R. and Kubica. Would love to see a podium for Haas and/or Sauber this year. Something other than a red or silver car contending for either championship is almost too much to hope for.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:23 (Ref:3883986)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Wish list...
#3 Renault wins multiple races this season.. top 3 WDC for Mr Ricciardo
Williams to win a GP with Robert Kubica...
Alfa Romeo to win a GP with Kimi Raikonnen
Force India to win a GP with Lance Stroll...
Manufacturing Intellect..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
You cannot follow fake and expect to find real..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:48 (Ref:3883988)   #10
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso. Oh. Pants.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3884029)   #11
schanche
Veteran

schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would dearly love Ricardo to have an epic year wins and top 5 finish.
Kimi too constantly outshine Vettel and his old team,
Hamilton to continue his winning ways
George to out class Kubica at Williams
Old 14 Feb 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3884101)   #12
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the health of the sport someone other than Lewis to win the Championship.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3884171)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Alonso. Oh. Pants.

just bought tickets for my first Indy 500 so im rooting for him this year as well!
Old 14 Feb 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3884187)   #14
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the interesting thing this year is that every one of the teams has the ingredients to finish on the podium. Toro Rosso and Alfa Romeo now have investment and closer tie to bigger teams and Hass were not a million miles off last year. Racing Point will always be in the midfield but you always feel that they could spring a surprise.

Even Williams now have a bit more purpose about them and two exciting drivers!!

There are no "backmarkers" any more so although it is not always close at the front the battle for 19th/20th could be mega!!!
Old 14 Feb 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3884263)   #15
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

just bought tickets for my first Indy 500 so im rooting for him this year as well!
Oooo, i could do that too. Do you know when they sell out? I kind of need to wait before I commit.

Sorry that is all OT.

The reason I mention the Alonso thing is that I donít really know what I care for this year in F1. Leclerc being good would be nice. And Kubica, although I far from expect that. Williams and McLaren making a comeback would be nice.