Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Sep 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3927697)   #5376
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Good on Rokit. Rather **** of Duo to drop someone in it at short notice.
Agree, but they're pumping money into the Vauxhalls and don't really need a third car trundling round at the back.

On the bright side at least the Duo diarrhoea splats on the side of the Ford will be gone...
Old 13 Sep 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3927699)   #5377
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Agree, but they're pumping money into the Vauxhalls and don't really need a third car trundling round at the back.
Well it's not as though they didn't know that at the start of the season.

Pulling out of the deal like that puts me right off the company which is the complete opposite of what they should be doing. On the other hand RoKit have gone up in my estimation.
Old 13 Sep 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3927717)   #5378
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Pulling out of the deal like that puts me right off the company which is the complete opposite of what they should be doing. On the other hand RoKit have gone up in my estimation.
Agreed. I've also now heard of ABK Beer so that's working too.
Old 13 Sep 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3927740)   #5379
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First German beer sponsor since the BMW Warsteiner days?
Old 13 Sep 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3927779)   #5380
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I can't think of any since that very attractive liviery on the BMW.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3927866)   #5381
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course it helps that Rokit also sponsor in Williams in a way, so that brand is probably well known at the top of motorsport
Old 14 Sep 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3927868)   #5382
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
On the bright side at least the Duo diarrhoea splats on the side of the Ford will be gone...
It's still there, car doesn't look any different on track.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3927885)   #5383
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
It's still there, car doesn't look any different on track.
The announcement was only made in the week. The team may not have had chance to sort the car livery out, particularly as they are so far away from their own base.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3927887)   #5384
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The announcement was only made in the week. The team may not have had chance to sort the car livery out, particularly as they are so far away from their own base.
Not disagreeing with that, just pointing it out that at the moment the yellow splats are still on the car.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3927987)   #5385
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not disagreeing with that, just pointing it out that at the moment the yellow splats are still on the car.

Well it is his own car, even if it is run by Motorbase.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3928052)   #5386
Johno.UK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Does that make a difference though? The team still do all the work on it including the livery I would have thought.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3928076)   #5387
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Duo livery has been replaced.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3928077)   #5388
S griffin
Veteran

It’s his sponsors that pay for the ride
Old 15 Sep 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3928086)   #5389
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
The Duo livery has been replaced.
Yes... the new logo is on the yellow splat I didn't realise this was all so difficult to comprehend
Old 18 Sep 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3928686)   #5390
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been reading the Plato book, some pretty explosive comments about 2001 and in particular Roland Dane. Fun times.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3928712)   #5391
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
I've been reading the Plato book, some pretty explosive comments about 2001 and in particular Roland Dane. Fun times.
Care to share?
Old 18 Sep 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3928713)   #5392
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Care to share?
Definitely something that may be worthy of discussion (Plato's book I mean).

Mod's - is this something for another thread rather than the 2019 season?
Old 18 Sep 2019, 16:14 (Ref:3928718)   #5393
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell you, there are some interesting stories about wages, negotiations and teammates, that's for sure. But boy, has the subeditor let the side down.

McLaren spelt as MClaren, repetition of an entire sentence within the same paragraph, a chapter called 'The fruitcake that is Tiff Needell' without a story about Tiff Needell in it (that's the next chapter), talking about a test in a Nissan BTCC car in the early 90s and then saying the 96 Renault test was the first time driving FWD...
Old 18 Sep 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3928719)   #5394
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
I tell you, there are some interesting stories about wages, negotiations and teammates, that's for sure. But boy, has the subeditor let the side down.

McLaren spelt as MClaren, repetition of an entire sentence within the same paragraph, a chapter called 'The fruitcake that is Tiff Needell' without a story about Tiff Needell in it (that's the next chapter), talking about a test in a Nissan BTCC car in the early 90s and then saying the 96 Renault test was the first time driving FWD...
That's the sort of accuracy/consistence I would have expected...
Old 18 Sep 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3928720)   #5395
Johno.UK
Racer

Presumably that's one of the early copies though as general release isn't until tomorrow so they've probably (I would hope) have corrected a lot of those errors?
Old 18 Sep 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3928722)   #5396
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
talking about a test in a Nissan BTCC car in the early 90s and then saying the 96 Renault test was the first time driving FWD...
I assume 'driving' actually means 'in a race', in which case you can probably forgive that one.

Think this is best in another thread (in Armchair forum?)
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3928737)   #5397
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Presumably that's one of the early copies though as general release isn't until tomorrow so they've probably (I would hope) have corrected a lot of those errors?
“Early copy” ? Are they all hand made / written?!
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3928739)   #5398
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I assume 'driving' actually means 'in a race', in which case you can probably forgive that one.
In this instance, the books talks about a test specifically.

Anyway, it's a good read, I recommend it, but the publisher should have done a better job.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3929693)   #5399
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No tordoff or Hamilton for final rounds...
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3929696)   #5400
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You sure about that?