Old 30 Oct 2007, 21:40 (Ref:2055389)   #26
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I,m in for new belts and seat for next year,where do all these perfectly good bit,s go?
eBay.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 22:19 (Ref:2055411)   #27
alf
Racer

alf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Al there is a healthy track day market and newbies are always after good used stuff, stick it on ebay and it will sell, all mine did.
dont get this crap about the lights though, it is just a con.
also a bit worried ref the comments made about scrutes prefering the old fog lamps as they can be seen from all angles..... makes sense when you think about it!!!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 22:24 (Ref:2055418)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You know I overheard the scrutineers at a meeting a couple of weekends ago talk about this.

The impression I got from what they said was "not another bloody regulation" !
Old 1 Nov 2007, 10:33 (Ref:2056705)   #29
alf
Racer

I wondered if this was an fia directive or an msa directive.
if itsthe msa they should be lobbied and asked for a watertight reason why there MUST be a change made.
if they dont give one to our satisfaction, I think a petition should be raised, and presented to them at the autosport show.
we are members, surely we have rights and if this is just wrong it should be prevented???
what do you think?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2056773)   #30
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf
if itsthe msa they should be lobbied and asked for a watertight reason why there MUST be a change made.
No chance - it was down as "safety issue - ratified without consultation". Even the stuff they "consult" on (such as catalysts on race cars), any views other than their own appear to be completely ignored.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:13 (Ref:2056879)   #31
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amen to that - I went to the effort of writing a comprehensive, coherent email as to why the cat idea was wrong on a number of levels - not even acknowledged. When I chased, I got "Oh, I thought I forwarded this on", followed by "its a done deal".

I may as well have spent the hour it took to write the email playing with myself. Next time that's what I'll do.

G
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:36 (Ref:2056899)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cats have been compusory in Germany [FIA Spec Cars] for a few years now.Mind you ,most are empty!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2056907)   #33
alf
Racer

exactly the reason for my last post I had the same last year with a question I had relating to my helmet, in the end I sent 5 emails a day and still never received a reply. I complianed at autosport this year and the ..... fellow I spoke to was a bit dismisive also. I think we are being treated badly and propose a suspension of licence applications. when the funds slow down i think we could get their attention.

all this
it was decided and ratified nonsence anoys me. if they realy want to they can do anything, as they are a self regulatory body as far as I am aware.

ie as soon as Senna was killed loads of tracks were altered etc I bet they had been rattified pre accident also but mountains were moved to preserve the image of motorsport on that occasion and thus could be on others.
divided we are powerless how about a pettition pretty much demanding a re think and or a word to the watchdog tv show, we are being forced into wasting loads of perfectly good lights, for the second time in a few years and for what?
environmentaly friendly!!??
I think not
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2056908)   #34
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Precisely. A rule that adds effort and expense to racing which cannot be enforced effectively and will have absolutely no effect on the environment whatsoever.

Pure genius

G
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:49 (Ref:2056915)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It will Gordon, a negative effect with all those old plastic lights to go in the landfill along with excellent hardly used seatbelts, seats, Fire extinguishers (actually I will keep those and use them in the garage) overalls and helmets. The MSA started life a commercial organisation (RAC) as I understand it and I have never understood how they got themselves into such a position of power.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 14:03 (Ref:2056928)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Dont worry lads I expect someone will soon come up with some fake ( made in the far east) but perfectly made (and marked ) ones for a couple of bob.
Probably from the same factory
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Nov 2007, 16:59 (Ref:2057048)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suspension of Race Licence fee,s?.I wonder what would happen if the same was applied to the outstanding HTP papers====all 300 set,s of them?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2057154)   #38
alf
Racer

htp papers?

so come on Al are you with me?
will we get a pettition going ?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 19:43 (Ref:2057167)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
About the rain light why not, the rest I doubt it would make a jot of difference. Regarding the rain light I have looked in the Motorsports now and cannot find any mention.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 01:44 (Ref:2057370)   #40
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
About the rain light why not, the rest I doubt it would make a jot of difference. Regarding the rain light I have looked in the Motorsports now and cannot find any mention.
page 45, bottom of col 2 and top of col 3...
Old 2 Nov 2007, 06:57 (Ref:2057456)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It was also in last Januarys edition.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2057496)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanx I will check again when I get home, no wonder I keep falling foul :-)
Old 2 Nov 2007, 08:46 (Ref:2057506)   #43
alf
Racer

so we are just going to take it up the Arse-nal then are we?
we have no back bone and are happy to get walked over for no good reason?
we are not prepared to just arrange to collect at the msa stand at autosport at say 11 am on a given day if not all of them to voice our feelings?
apethy is what they rely upon chaps and its why they will win out here because no one in this country has any gumption or spirit anymore, and its why we are being taken for mugs by the rest of the world.

stand in line, new lights coming to an, in the know store soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2057511)   #44
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I thought this was brought about by the FIA? Once upon a time we had different ruling running in FIA events ,but now the ruling has been spread out to cover most events.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 13:53 (Ref:2057816)   #45
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
OK then what about if none of us brought one. Would we all get sent home ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:04 (Ref:2057830)   #46
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yes, but there will always be the people who give in and do buy them so they will race and you wont
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2057995)   #47
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
yeah they even do that in F1 remember the tyre fiasco in America?
Old 2 Nov 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2058037)   #48
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've given up the 'principle boycotting' all it does is cuts your own nose off so to speak and stops you playing.
Apathy rules.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 19:20 (Ref:2058130)   #49
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Ahh,The Great British disease,apathy?I could'nt care less.
Old 3 Nov 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2058811)   #50
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My take on the boycott is it takes a huge amount of money to get to a race meeting, and if I then get turned away I'll have wasted far, far more than the cost of a light on a point of principle.

Even if I win, I've far better things to do than argue the toss with officials. I go for fun, not an argument there's enough of those at home.

So I'll stick to moaning through the off-season, cough up my 50 or 100 sovs or whatever it is and go racing with an FIA rear light! Grump, whinge, moan...