Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Dec 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3594882)   #176
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perrin and Brabham should combine and form a super team!
Old 2 Dec 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3594909)   #177
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke with Nic this week he's still plowing on he said. His Swiss investor who gave him £400k for initial R&D stopped backing him a while ago now. That money dried up, he was working freelance for other teams to make enough money to then come back home, support family and carry project on. I struggle to see it finally working out now, it's been so long. It's a massive waste of car design, it's basically ready for mould making etc.

I do applauded his effort though! He won't give up.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3594928)   #178
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The list of "ready desings but no backers" is a long and exhaustive one in modern LMP1.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 10:05 (Ref:3594932)   #179
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last I heard was Perrin was working at Manor F1 this season, coincidentally John Booth & Greame Lowdon have left and are now rumored to be starting up an LMP2 WEC team for 2016......which I must admit they are aiming a bit low in my opinion, perhaps they will just tread water in LMP2 in the 2016 season and could team up with either the likes of Brabham, Perrin, Oreca or Ligier in order to make the step up to LMP1 in 2017??......sorry, did you just say £400K on R&D for a 1-man band, what!!!.....if so that smells awfully fishy to me.......I bet his mattress has a big bulge in it, or perhaps a few quick-release floor boards under the bed?......as they say, a fool and his money are soon separated! fair play to the bloke (:-O
Old 2 Dec 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3594935)   #180
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Last I heard was Perrin was working at Manor F1 this season,
He did so for the first few (3 to 5'ish) races of the season, after which he sent out an announcement that his mission at manor was done and he'd return to other duties.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3595003)   #181
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Project Brabham

His 400k was what started Perrinn. Payed for I think 3 people on design then the website, servers for all the online free data, scale model, conventions, renting the offices near hetton (skipton area) etc etc.

The car was ready to rock and roll though, just needed to be built and that was its Achilles heal. No teams would buy the prototype because none of the components hadn't been tested.

He'd reached a step which brabham is still lightyears away. So if you think of the funding project B has got to eventually reach, building its own lmp1 after doing all the p2 stuff, it's still very far away in my eyes.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3604721)   #182
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
David is, as always, on the Autosport International guest list, and will be on 'stage' tomorrow. Maybe he'll say something about this again, maybe not, but I hope he remembers to tell how's the crowfunded yacht been for relaxation between work
Old 15 Jan 2016, 06:20 (Ref:3604934)   #183
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
David is, as always, on the Autosport International guest list, and will be on 'stage' tomorrow. Maybe he'll say something about this again, maybe not, but I hope he remembers to tell how's the crowfunded yacht been for relaxation between work
Silly you, the yacht is obviously in winter mooring down in Monaco! The next stage of "crowd funding", is for the apartment to stay at while the yacht is parked up!

I cannot believe he will have much to say if he attends the Autosport show, and probably whoever is the interviewer, won't ask "awkward" questions if he does.

Sad state of affairs in truth.
Old 15 Jan 2016, 07:39 (Ref:3604957)   #184
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe Project Brabham was a yacht all along? The LMP2 was the name of his yacht hence the Brabham LMP2 project haha

In all seriousness Brabs might not be living hand in mouth but I highly doubt he's in the market for a yacht, he sounds highly passionate about this so the money might seem to disappear but I doubt he's doing anything dodgy with it. Maybes he brought a whole heap of US Powerball tickets-if he wins that I think we could see an LMP1 ...or a F1 team
Old 15 Jan 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3604975)   #185
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Maybe Project Brabham was a yacht all along? The LMP2 was the name of his yacht hence the Brabham LMP2 project haha

In all seriousness Brabs might not be living hand in mouth but I highly doubt he's in the market for a yacht, he sounds highly passionate about this so the money might seem to disappear but I doubt he's doing anything dodgy with it. Maybes he brought a whole heap of US Powerball tickets-if he wins that I think we could see an LMP1 ...or a F1 team
Maybe you are correct, but it would seem that more than enough time has passed by since inception of the scheme, and one assume a reasonable amount of money having been donated, he should have something more concrete to show for peoples trust and money in him, don't you think?

He could always start off by buying a Ginetta LMP3 car
Old 15 Jan 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3605075)   #186
Deleted
Veteran

AIS today:

"Since we have launched, we have had interesting approaches from different people who want to use our brand, that might help us do what we want to achieve," Brabham says. "We've got a bit of a vision planned, we're going step by step. It's exciting times for Brabham. We're about to go back into the market and give it a big push over the next six or seven months"

I'll just quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana
"I'm confident"
"Me too"
"As am I"
Old 16 Jan 2016, 03:16 (Ref:3605263)   #187
truebeliever
Racer

Quote:
AIS today:

"Since we have launched, we have had interesting approaches from different people who want to use our brand, that might help us do what we want to achieve," Brabham says. "We've got a bit of a vision planned, we're going step by step. It's exciting times for Brabham. We're about to go back into the market and give it a big push over the next six or seven months"

I'll just quote myself:
Hmmmmmm, sounds like they have found the Monaco apartment, now need to find the funds for it! ie: We're about to go back into the market and give it a big push over the next six or seven months"
Old 16 Jan 2016, 09:49 (Ref:3605298)   #188
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Hmmmmmm, sounds like they have found the Monaco apartment, now need to find the funds for it! ie: We're about to go back into the market and give it a big push over the next six or seven months"
Or they have bought the said apartment already (leftover money fron the crowfunded yacht) and now just need to go to the "market" for furniture shopping
Old 16 Jan 2016, 10:11 (Ref:3605305)   #189
truebeliever
Racer

Quote:
Or they have bought the said apartment already (leftover money fron the crowfunded yacht) and now just need to go to the "market" for furniture shopping
Ha ha, maybe, and I am guessing furniture in Monaco is NOT cheap!

Whatever is the truth, by the wording of "months", it would seem clear there is nothing happening regards any race program during 2016! If ever.

Good life if you can get away with it I suppose, just wonder whatever became with "ethics" along the way?
Old 16 Jan 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3605335)   #190
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://beta.autosport.com/news/repor...roject-brabham
Sergio Rinland designer joins Project Brabham
Old 16 Jan 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3605340)   #191
truebeliever
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Interesting. One has to wonder, is this a "free" association, or salaried?

In which case, perhaps no apartment But the point of Having Rinland involved does not count for much without the actual funds to do what I see is now being touted as a LMP1 project? I may be wrong, but wasn't this supposed to an LMP2 project?

Perhaps with LMP1, there is a belief of a higher amount on crowd funding income out there? So then what, a switch to F1, even more crowd funding

I will believe this for sure when there is something concrete happening, rather than more "going to the market for further funds."

Has the question ever been asked publicly to Mr. Brabham, how much of his own money has so far been invested in this project? That could be an interesting answer to hear.
Old 16 Jan 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3605398)   #192
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post

I wonder if he's designed a yacht before?
Old 16 Jan 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3605426)   #193
truebeliever
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I wonder if he's designed a yacht before?
Maybe a couple of Thames barges!
Old 16 Jan 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3605427)   #194
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Maybe a couple of Thames barges!
So, why the presumption of malfeasance? Maybe the guy just wants to race and hasn't the funds. It kind of surprises me that he doesn't just go out and get a paid ride - difficult as it may be but maybe there's the dream of emulating Jack.. As far as the switch in class - you can't have your own P2 or P3 as of next year - at least P1 is still free.
Old 17 Jan 2016, 07:33 (Ref:3605589)   #195
truebeliever
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
So, why the presumption of malfeasance? Maybe the guy just wants to race and hasn't the funds. It kind of surprises me that he doesn't just go out and get a paid ride - difficult as it may be but maybe there's the dream of emulating Jack.. As far as the switch in class - you can't have your own P2 or P3 as of next year - at least P1 is still free.
Skepticism may be the correct word.

How long has it been since this Brabham Project was announced, how much money has been donated, what has that money been spent on?

Wouldn't you think that these are some basic answers which many would wonder about, certainly those out there who donated? Especially when there would seem to be nothing on the ground and now more talk of looking for more funds?

If he wants to simply race himself, as you said, why not go and try and find a paying drive to keep racing, or if the desire is that strong, race for free if he can get a drive on that basis.

As far as emulating Jack, that boat sailed many, many years ago, and it's not likely to be docking again any time soon.

You are correct that LMP3 and P2 are spec classes now with no open door to new constructors allowed. Didn't I read a comment from Brabham they would run some P2 with another chassis? Has that now become, "We want to build an LMP1 car?"

If crowd charity did not raise enough money to build or even purchase and run another make of P2 car, how do they intend to do design and build and run P1 in the WEC, on this basis of funding?

So I believe that skepticism is warranted.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3606018)   #196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What communications are sent out to those who contributed? I presume they get on a mailing list for updates. Did anyone contribute around here?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3606148)   #197
Deleted
Veteran

You'll get answer to the second question by visiting the first pages of the thread.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3606152)   #198
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
What communications are sent out to those who contributed? I presume they get on a mailing list for updates. Did anyone contribute around here?
Lol. No communications via email. They've set up this member page that's so cheap I've never bothered to log in. Maybe they continue their cloudy announcements over there.

Looking at the project brabham public site though, they haven't bothered to put substantial news up there either. They're still on a vision to redefine how "we" experience motorsports. I have to assume that new experience is getting paid for failing with intent.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3606164)   #199
truebeliever
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Lol. No communications via email. They've set up this member page that's so cheap I've never bothered to log in. Maybe they continue their cloudy announcements over there.

Looking at the project brabham public site though, they haven't bothered to put substantial news up there either. They're still on a vision to redefine how "we" experience motorsports. I have to assume that new experience is getting paid for failing with intent.
Went and looked at the public site for the first time. There are some good old pics on there and lots of other bits & pieces, but really nothing much to do with any news etc, regarding the supposed LMP Project. Which I found somewhat surprising! Wasn't that what this whole "crowd funding" was all about?

It would seem if the money raised only went into this website, someone made a nice little earner out of it, as it's nothing too special in web design.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 13:00 (Ref:3606180)   #200
Deleted
Veteran

We'll probably get to experience winning the lottery (and see if our yacht will be cooler than Brabs!!??), or you know, death, before experiencing the fantasy vision they have been supposedly redefining.