Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 May 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3542576)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
GRAND PRIX DE L'AGE D'OR, DIJON PRENOIS 5-7 June

Fabulous circuit in equally nice countryside. Always enjoy a visit, any other tenthers besides the Stevens family and their 356 joining in?

BTW I posted on Spa thread that may have space to take another car. Not now, as the car that dropped out for that meeting has dropped back in again!

Bring on the sunshine, fresh croissants etc, and a cold beer at the end of the day.....

Old 29 May 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3542586)   #2
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...it is looking like it is going to be hot!

Engine is going back in today...so nearly ready to go!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 29 May 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3542597)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
...it is looking like it is going to be hot!

Engine is going back in today...so nearly ready to go!
Good news!

I hadn't checked the weather, just assumed. But having now looked- Scorchio!

Only year I've raced one of my old crocks there, we arrived in rain, and it didn't stop until 24hrs later! Every other visit has been glorious.......

Old 29 May 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3542630)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pity that LQ is leaving Peter Auto for greater things as it is unusual for one of those Europeans to bother with us Roast beefs.
Thanks for your input and hope you can still post in your new job.
At least you will tower over your boss!
Not sure if PA is involved at Dijon but the family always used to be so that's good enough for me.
Old 31 May 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3543409)   #5
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Pity that LQ is leaving Peter Auto for greater things as it is unusual for one of those Europeans to bother with us Roast beefs.
Thanks for your input and hope you can still post in your new job.
At least you will tower over your boss!
Not sure if PA is involved at Dijon but the family always used to be so that's good enough for me.
Thanks John. Some say I'm a Roast Beef..!
Old 31 May 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3543412)   #6
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there an entry list Louis?
Old 1 Jun 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3543797)   #7
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can answer my own question!
http://peterauto.peter.fr/en/actus/d...l%27Age+d%27Or
Old 6 Jun 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3545421)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Glad to hear you got engine sorted Marcus!

Hot in Europe means even hotter at Dijon- we saw 37.5 C yesterday pm. Free practice for 60s Endurance was first thing, so relatively cool. SLR was fine, so drivers did minimum laps. CER1 was straight after, but unfortunately the B8 lost oil after a dry sump system issue. Believe it or not the French mobile race parts van had a pump and so ace young engineer Simon (Foxcraft) nicked the necessary bits off the new one and got the car running again. However, concerns that the shells may have suffered during the brief time pressure was lost led to a sensible decision to withdraw the car.

60s Endurance qualifying (58 entries!) late pm was busy and very hot. Cars at back of queue in pit lane didn't get out until first cars had done first lap.... SLR eventually got a clean lap and got class pole 19th O/A. It then started to lose fuel pressure, and when session red flagged again decided good enough. General concensus is that problem could be 'boiling' petrol, but are working though filters etc as well. Also going to wrap fuel lines in engine area with foil. Cooler and cloudy this morning, so maybe won't be a problem in race late today!

Oh, and good to hear the Stevens family 356 sounding healthy after Bill put all the plug leads on!

BTW the Northern 'bypass' round Dijon is now open and makes life a lot easier! 4.5m height bridge but don't think that would be a problem for most....
Old 6 Jun 2015, 06:45 (Ref:3545424)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There is a B8 for sale next door.
Very competitive car that has won major races.
Shout if you need a replacement !
Bloke whose selling it at Dijon today
Old 6 Jun 2015, 18:11 (Ref:3545595)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
All over..... Morgan P16 and class win again. Lost time at driver change with damage to front corner (MGB!) making it difficult to close bonnet- had to tape down eventually on Scrut's instructions! Bill had almost made up 40 secs deficit to the 911 class leader when SC intervened with minutes to go. We were dreading race finishing under SC but fortunately it came in just in time for Bill to overtake couple of cars and then the class leader!

Now enjoying a cold beer or two.......
Old 8 Jun 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3546037)   #11
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Oh, and good to hear the Stephens family 356 sounding healthy after Bill put all the plug leads on!
...you just can't get quality support anymore!!!!!

Thankfully this was the only problem we had all w/e! Had the usual fun annoying 911s in the race....boy was it hot though...clearly the heat was impacting some of the driving standards!
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3546072)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
...you just can't get quality support anymore!!!!!

Thankfully this was the only problem we had all w/e! Had the usual fun annoying 911s in the race....boy was it hot though...clearly the heat was impacting some of the driving standards!
Yes, heard a few comments about driving standards, think one car's weekend ended badly in 60s Endurance free practice (first session of event!) after couple of laps.....

Now in N France and cold wind making me think of turning round and heading South again.

And apologies Will for spelling your surname wrong!
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3546078)   #13
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Yes a pretty little Lotus was looking decidedly 2nd hand very early on in free practice......it is a long way to go, and not cheap to throw it at hard objects that early!
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3546225)   #14
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shot in the Stephens part of the paddock on Saturday before the race...
our full report will come on line on thursday.
Attached Thumbnails
MBF_3064.1.jpg  
Old 8 Jun 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3546244)   #15
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Shot in the Stephens part of the paddock on Saturday before the race...
our full report will come on line on thursday.
Clearly focussing!!!!!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Jun 2015, 05:07 (Ref:3546357)   #16
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Clearly focussing!!!!!!
or too much wine during lunch?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3546498)   #17
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Had a fun time at Dijon. Missed qualifying due to a timing problem (I was on time, but the engine was too far in advance, and overheated on first lap). Had to start from the back in race one - finished 7th, mostly due to others falling off or retiring. Hopelessly overgeared. Lowered top gear for 2nd race, but still too long! Started that race in 7th place, but the starter failed to switch the red lights off when I decided to start, he only switched them off when I was level with the front row! So I got a deserved drive through penalty (I was lying 2nd at the time) and I ended back in 7th again. Unfortunately the pole man had stalled and there was confusion behind and 3 or 4 cars were damaged. Very sad. Monaco finished 3rd in the "Nations Cup"! Team was formed of me and two UK drivers, Paul Waine in a De Sanctis and Mike Pascal in an ex-Tetsu Ikuzawa BT21 (which was one of the ones damaged). Paul beat me in the first race, disobeying the team orders, but finished behind me in the second race, quite right too. France won and Switzerland finished second.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:40 (Ref:3546521)   #18
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Well, Marcus, you did put in a spirited drive on Sunday. I was indeed surprised to see you coming through in second after the start, but then quite a few others that did not pass at all...
Attached Thumbnails
MBF_3818.1.jpg  
Old 9 Jun 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3546535)   #19
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Well, Marcus, you did put in a spirited drive on Sunday. I was indeed surprised to see you coming through in second after the start, but then quite a few others that did not pass at all...
Nice photo Pieter, sorry I forgot to wave, but I think I did on the cool down lap!
Marcus
Old 9 Jun 2015, 15:18 (Ref:3546537)   #20
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Nice photo Pieter, sorry I forgot to wave, but I think I did on the cool down lap!
Marcus
you did...
Attached Thumbnails
MBF_3869.1.jpg  
Old 9 Jun 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3546683)   #21
mike faloon
Rookie

mike faloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyable time with the Historic Formula Three's; first race was particularly good. with Marcus getting to grips with the Tecno, and at one point some nine cars were in contention for second place which eventually went to Keith Messer. Congratulations to France on retaining The Nation's Cup, to Thierry Gallo and Christoph Widmer for their race wins. Finally many thanks to Louis Q. for all his help, and to Peter Patrick for presenting our trophies.
Mike Faloon, 1000ccF3HRA
Old 10 Jun 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3546841)   #22
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...-Age-d-Or.html

Our report is online, a day ahead of schedule...enjoy