Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1394895)   #1
e30nerd
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Kent
e30nerd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden Rally Cross

Saw loads of cameras dotted around - so own up who were you! This was one of my favorites
Old 31 Aug 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1395276)   #2
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully see some of mine in MN/Autosport!
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1395334)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've got that Clio doing the same thing on the run down to the Devils Elbow took a few attempts to get it but I succeeded in the end. Might see if I can upload some of them later.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1395348)   #4
e30nerd
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
That sounds good - I'll keep an eye out for them!

Yes - I had fun trying to get the Clio as well. My AF was trying to focus on the dust all the time!

It was the first time seeing Rally cross at Lydden for me, (despite being quite regular down there with the SEMSEC stuff). Those group A cars , reminded me of seeing the start of the RAC a few years back at Silverstone. I've got the rally bug again.

I did find that I wanted a few more laps of each, but at least by having lots of short races you get more courner carnage as they all rush in
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1395370)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
My AF didn't seem to struggle too badly with the dust (although image quality did), that was my first rallycross meeting with my digital camera - with a film camera I'd do 3 rolls at a rallycross meeting, with the digital I filled my 1GB card - that's over 250 pictures!

I'm back down at Lydden for the next 2 weekends for SEMSEC and BARC meetings - it seems like I've spent half the year at Lydden
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1395391)   #6
e30nerd
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Kent
I think I'll have to miss the SEMSEC meet at Lydden as I think it clashes with Biggin Hill airshow. I was gonig to have a play at getting the Red Arrows.

I think I got about 700 pics this weekend, I opt for quantity then delete the ones that are no good!
Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1395405)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30nerd
I think I'll have to miss the SEMSEC meet at Lydden as I think it clashes with Biggin Hill airshow. I was gonig to have a play at getting the Red Arrows.
Got the Red Arrows at Eastbourne Biggin Hill is usually a really good show, especially when the aircraft appear out of the dip - you can't see them coming and they just appear from out of nowhere.

Generally I'm happy if I get a 1 in 10 ratio of good pictures to garbage, although occasionally I kick myself for making a mess a what could have been a great shot.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1395419)   #8
e30nerd
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2

although occasionally I kick myself for making a mess a what could have been a great shot.
LOL! I have lost count of how many times I have seen some action heading my way, started to real off loads of consecutive frames, get to about the 2nd one to find the camera stops. You look at the display to see the dreaded 0 flashing. I tend to go back and review the pictures and delete the rubbish while waiting for the next race to start. If it is a race I'm following I will tend to swap cards if there is any less than 100 remaining.

So who was track side then? I saw 4 or 5 chaps track side, and a couple of guys with a 4-wheel-drive next to me (both with some rather impressive equipment - ooo-er!)
Old 31 Aug 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1395813)   #9
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30nerd
So who was track side then? I saw 4 or 5 chaps track side, and a couple of guys with a 4-wheel-drive next to me (both with some rather impressive equipment - ooo-er!)
Was it you had the 300mm prime on a D70 body down by the Startline? Do I also guess you have an affinity with BMW E30's and / or SELOC??
Old 1 Sep 2005, 09:32 (Ref:1396221)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Was that yours in MN with Carnegie on Traceys bonnet? I knew they'd hit each other but didn't realise the extent of it until I saw the photo.

Didn't think much of the report though, I know space is tight but it didn't really mention anything other than the supercars - the other finals were all better than that one!
Old 1 Sep 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1396245)   #11
e30nerd
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomex
Was it you had the 300mm prime on a D70 body down by the Startline? Do I also guess you have an affinity with BMW E30's and / or SELOC??

That's ME!!!