Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 16 Jan 2004, 19:41 (Ref:840799)   #1
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Champ Car Website !!!

With all the bruhaha surrounding CART nowdays, and many "doom & gloom" neysyers waiting for CART's ultimate demise, it is very refreshing to see a new truly pro-CART website emerge at this time.

Check out = CHAMP CAR FAN ?!?!

This site has been online since a month ago, but after extensive construction (which isn't fully finished yet) the site is finally taking on a proper shape.

There isn't many true pro-CART sites out there and this is definitely a welcome addition.

Check out their forum as well... it definitely could use a boost ?!

zerO
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:10 (Ref:840837)   #2
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Have I told you how much I love you man!? Seriously, thanks for the link....it looks like a great website!!!!

Cheers,
Dov
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:11 (Ref:840838)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's not a pro-CART site, but an anti-IRL one... and a bad one at that... Java applets are terrible choice for web design (brutally slow). And the content leaves much to be desired either - from spelling mistakes in the CART driver's names to moronic joke headlines and photoshop pieces. Looking down all of the drivers with sponsor 'TBA'...I'm thinking that this site really embodies a lot that is wrong with the series.

And in conclusion this should be moved to the cool-sites forum.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:21 (Ref:840847)   #4
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
That's not a pro-CART site, but an anti-IRL one... and a bad one at that... Java applets are terrible choice for web design (brutally slow). And the content leaves much to be desired either - from spelling mistakes in the CART driver's names to moronic joke headlines and photoshop pieces. Looking down all of the drivers with sponsor 'TBA'...I'm thinking that this site really embodies a lot that is wrong with the series.

And in conclusion this should be moved to the cool-sites forum.
Hay Jay,
seems to me that you've failed to notice me saying that the site's design and constructin still isn't fully finished - "Rome wasn't built in one day" ?!?!

zerO
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:35 (Ref:840854)   #5
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, even though O's favorite Champ Car fans couldn't spell the names of 6 drivers correctly (but that's OK since real Champ Car fans aren't supposed to pay attention to who drives the cars), they didn't misspell Tony George (who every real Champ Car fan is supposed to be obsessed about) once!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:41 (Ref:840859)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they really got something there eh?
a bit on the harsh side- the list of sell outs, what choice did Franchitti and kanaan have? their teams went over with their contracts...ce la vie
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:52 (Ref:840870)   #7
dirtfan
Racer

dirtfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before all the French Canadiens jump down your throat, I think it's c'est- I think I took French once, but that was way back when my ride was a Cragar four banger roadster, so I'm not sure I remember.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:56 (Ref:840873)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

French Candiens- snicker-

Are they? or Quebecois is more appropriate?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 22:18 (Ref:840984)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is more appropriate in "cool sites" I think.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 22:25 (Ref:840992)   #10
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cmon Zero, did you see some of the stuff on that site!?

"Boeing announces New IRL Chassis" That was perhaps the most distastful, disgusting, reprehensible garbage that I've ever seen written anywhere. How could anyone write something like that after Tony Rennas death and Bracks terrible crash?

No matter how you feel about the IRL, its drivers, or Tony George, going after cheap, gutter level laughs like that, are beyond bad taste and are repulsive. Is that where you get all of your "insider" information?

I'm with you Down Force, where do people like this come from?

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Jan 2004, 22:35 (Ref:841010)   #11
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do people like TG come from? He's the one who hasn't done anything to change the saftey of their cars...
Old 16 Jan 2004, 22:39 (Ref:841015)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, I think that if these people want to spend all thier time and energy on something they hate, let them. Some of us have better things to do.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 23:17 (Ref:841053)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Also, I agree you you GP - they must be pretty disgusting human beings if they consider that kind of stuff funny.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 23:27 (Ref:841063)   #14
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Where do people like TG come from? He's the one who hasn't done anything to change the saftey of their cars...
For a Champ Car fan I find it strange that you seem to have more knowledge of the IRL than you do of CART...
Old 17 Jan 2004, 00:09 (Ref:841085)   #15
gttouring
Veteran

"going after cheap, gutter level laughs like that, are beyond bad taste and are repulsive-"
Because none of us ever have cheap gutter level laughs or anything like that, especially not on this forum...
how about Eric the Half a Bee?
or "Get me a bucket I'm full"
"but sir it is only a wafer thin."

hahhahahahh MontyPython is superb, and they may not be purely gutterlevel but they lay in the street quite a bit, and we all laugh.
Humor is said to be based on a few things
Irony, sarcasm, Pain, Hyperbole-exaggeration, timing and somethings which slip my mind. can we find the humor in that website?
Although the delivery on the website is what made it poor i think
Old 17 Jan 2004, 00:13 (Ref:841090)   #16
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dov, unfortunately Indy Car racing is easily the most dangerous series out there, and there's only so much that can be done to make it safer. Just the fact that Brack survived his crash, which was about the worst I have ever seen, says something about the cars safety.

I would put Champ Cars at the same level of safety, when there on the ovals, but I hope we never find out.

Also Dov, I think I know you well enough to say, that there is no way you found that article funny, and that there is no place in a racers heart for that kind of stuff.

Danica Patrick
Old 17 Jan 2004, 07:23 (Ref:841287)   #17
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zerO
Hay Jay,
seems to me that you've failed to notice me saying that the site's design and constructin still isn't fully finished - "Rome wasn't built in one day" ?!?!

zerO
The java applet architecture is fundamentally a bad design for a website - notice almost no professional or corporate sites use these. The best websites are done fairly simply.

Besides that, if the design gets a B-, the content gets a big time F. I think it's absolutely disgusting that there are people that would use Renna's death as fodder for the open-wheel debate. There's no doubt that Indycar racing is likely the most dangerous open-wheel racing series in the world - I'm sure there are some things the IRL could do to improve this, but nobody's forced a gun to the head of any of the drivers there right now - some may feel obligated for career reasons, but they're all well aware of the risks involved.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 17 Jan 2004, 17:57 (Ref:841695)   #18
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad-taste junk written by 14 year olds. Ignore it.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 19:30 (Ref:841756)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
I'll second that Testure!

Danica Patrick