Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jul 2002, 05:58 (Ref:341348)   #1
parry
Rookie

parry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motor Racing Club in Sydney?

Hi Guys,

I would like to join a racing club to do some simple motor racing like super sprints and maybe hill climbs etc. Ive had a look around the web for a club but have had no luck. Any direction apreciated.

I would like to attend a club and see what types of cars they are racing and help me determine what I should get for some fun racing.

Thanks
Parry
Old 24 Jul 2002, 11:03 (Ref:341464)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are a few clubs around that do that. North Shore Sporting Car Club, Alfa Romeo Owners Club, Volvo Sporting Car Club (stop laughing) for starters. Try the yellow pages.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 13:34 (Ref:341593)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know I shoulded badmouth your Volvo club, but is Chess really a sport?
Old 24 Jul 2002, 23:04 (Ref:342041)   #4
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical of you Crash - the NSW branch do NOT play chess...

They are, however, organising a crocheting day soon for all those that want to make their own little pom-poms and other objects they can hang from their rear vision mirrors
Old 24 Jul 2002, 23:44 (Ref:342077)   #5
parry
Rookie

parry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your reply elephino do any of the mentioned clubs have web page, and other than the NSSC do the other allow any make of car to join. I like the sound of the Volvo club as I have owned a 142 in past and had a ball with it.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 00:57 (Ref:342103)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know Ele has had a flog at some hillclimbs- but what is there down south?

There's the nice and flat Eastern Creek, there's a wobbly bit of road at Wakefield Park, sometimes there is Bathurst, once a year at Newcastle, used to have Amaroo, but what else? Grafton would be closer to Brisbane than Sudney...
Old 25 Jul 2002, 09:07 (Ref:342269)   #7
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The NSWRRC (New South Wales Road Racing Club) is another good Sydney club if you want to do supersprints and then get into circuit racing.
They run Supersprints and they also run the clubbie meetings at Oran Park.
Old 29 Jul 2002, 10:27 (Ref:345148)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Morris, I should have remembered them

Crash, they're not my car club anymore. Not to mention the question was about Sydney.

Parry, I don't know about webpages. I'm sure the VSCC don't but that is from my experience of some of the members. I know the VSCC don't mind what car you own as long as you can at least put up with Volvos. AROCA are probably a bit more strict in respect to that as it is called an owners club.
Old 2 Aug 2002, 10:02 (Ref:348477)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about the Improved Production Racing Association, I don't know if they still do it, but years ago they had a very healthy sprints competition as well as what is probably the strongest racing series in NSW.

Also, what about the Appendix J Association, they do hill climbs, regularities and sprints, as well as racing. I know one member presently has his class winning Volvo 142 for sale.