Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 14 Jan 2023, 21:50 (Ref:4140174)   #1
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
John Wickham

I just read that Jphn Wickham has passed https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...d-73/10420882/ .I first became aware of him when he was behind the Spirit team that brought the Honda V6 turbo to Formula 1.He did rather a lot of other things including a significant role in the Bentley victory at Le Mans in 2003 and a BTCC win with Audi,not to mention a wide ranging collection of single seater projects.I believe there was some driver management too,so he certainly covered some ground.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4140207)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember him working for BARC in the competition department then he went to F2 ith Surtees and March. he was well respected with marshals and drivers. RIP.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 09:34 (Ref:4140212)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I knew with his disease he didn't have long, so this isn't unexpected, but sad all the same. RIP
Old 20 Jan 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4140738)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I knew him from his BARC staff days. Always a smiling welcoming face. Bumped into him in most of his latter days - just time for a brief chat. Sad loss.
Old 22 Jan 2023, 22:12 (Ref:4140954)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I can remember him when he was at Surtees as they were just up the road to me, I had a couple of mates that worked there making the F1/2 chassis and used to go in and watch. I also had a long interesting talk to him about F2 at a BTCC meeting when we were on the "circus" in the 90s. There are too many people dying that I have met and been acquainted with in these last few weeks, including my race sponsor and best mate and my sister in law.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !