Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jan 2022, 19:32 (Ref:4093475)   #51
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
shows how little you know about the sport
enlighten me, what do I miss seeing this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953oB09BlgI
Old 12 Jan 2022, 20:20 (Ref:4093484)   #52
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

Why not be open to it - you might enjoy it?

After all - BTCC is dull, boring and predictable and F1 is a farce

Back on the topic of TCR UK 2022 - what would you want from the series that would encourage you to watch / attend regularly?
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:18 (Ref:4093507)   #53
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

It’s such a technical sport that on a normal run tyre pressures, suspension set up, clutch engagement and timing all Make a massive difference, a change of 0.5 degrees in air or track temperature makes a huge difference, your clutch settings as to when it engages throughout the run is critical, as is reaction time, how you stage the car, how you manage to ‘pedal’ the car when it gets into trouble…etc etc etc. every minute detail from the start along the 1320ft can make a massive difference in a sport where win margins are measured in inches.

that’s just in a heads up classes, go into sportsman classes where runs are handicapped, and closing speeds at the finish line can be over 100mph, most of the race takes place past 1000ft. On a normal day my car can run 3/10ths different from morning to afternoon depending on track and air conditions, trying to dial that car in to beat 32 other competitors who are all within a few thousands of a second isn’t easy.

Of course, you’re welcome to go to your local drag strip and see how easy it is

Enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-VF0JwxQqcA

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 12 Jan 2022 at 23:32.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:32 (Ref:4093509)   #54
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
It’s such a technical sport that on a normal run tyre pressures, suspension set up, clutch engagement and timing all Make a massive difference, a change of 0.5 degrees in air or track temperature makes a huge difference, your clutch settings as to when it engages throughout the run is critical, as is reaction time, how you stage the car, how you manage to ‘pedal’ the car when it gets into trouble…etc etc etc. every minute detail from the start along the 1320ft can make a massive difference in a sport where win margins are measured in inches.

that’s just in a heads up classes, go into sportsman classes where runs are handicapped, and closing speeds at the finish line can be over 100mph, most of the race takes place past 1000ft. On a normal day my car can run 3/10ths different from morning to afternoon depending on track and air conditions, trying to dial that car in to beat 32 other competitors who are all within a few thousands of a second isn’t easy.

Of course, you’re welcome to go to your local drag strip and see how easy it is
sorry but I find it boring and too short and science with limited aplicability

MONSTER TRUCKS on the othe hand are also rather short but winners aren't decided at start and it's much more spectacular with all the mud and jumps and car crushing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKLsinBOVDM
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:34 (Ref:4093510)   #55
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
sorry but I find it boring and too short and sience with limited aplicability

MONSTER TRUCKS on the othe hand are also rather short but winners aren't decided at start and it's much more spectacular with all the mud and semi frifts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKLsinBOVDM
So you litterally haven’t listened to a thing I wrote.

Ok I’m ending this here, not prepared to debate someone who doesn’t want to listen and take things off topic.

I suggest you educate yourself….interestingly enough you mention science. Drag racing gave formula 1 slicks, wings and the first ground effects car, they have developed supercharger and high performance road car technology massively from fuel, spark plugs, distributors, engine tech, superchargers etc etc

I’m out
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:38 (Ref:4093511)   #56
porsche962fan
Veteran

Goodbye
Old 14 Jan 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4093710)   #57
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Back on the topic of TCR UK 2022 - what would you want from the series that would encourage you to watch / attend regularly?
For me I want a decent sized grid (20 car minimum) and close, clean racing. They also need to be on a decent package - this year they have some rounds supporting British GT (good move) and some supporting Time Attack (not such a good move).
Old 14 Jan 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4093725)   #58
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
For me I want a decent sized grid (20 car minimum) and close, clean racing. They also need to be on a decent package - this year they have some rounds supporting British GT (good move) and some supporting Time Attack (not such a good move).
Sound fair - and I think TCRUK is well on the way to achieving that.
Old 17 Jan 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4094124)   #59
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Brad Hutchison, former JCW Mini racer, has announced he's entered in an Audi RS3
Old 17 Jan 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4094136)   #60
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ant Whorton-Eales - Jamsport - Subaru
TBA - Jamsport - Subaru

Bruce Winfield - Area Motorsport - Cupra Leon (Seq not DSG)
Phil Tonks - Area Motorsport - Cupra Leon DSG

Callam Newsham - Power Maxed - Cupra Leon

Steve Gales - Misty Racing - VW Golf

Brad Hutchinson - MPH Racing - Audi RS3 LMS
Old 25 Jan 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4095262)   #61
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matthew Wilson in a JWBird new Cupra Leon.

Quite a few JCW Mini runners switching it seems.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 10:01 (Ref:4095264)   #62
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TBA - Jamsport - Subaru

Phil Tonks - Area Motorsport - Cupra Leon DSG

Steve Gales - Misty Racing - VW Golf

Matthew Wilson - JWB - Cupra Leon (the new one)
Old 25 Jan 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4095315)   #63
ahobson98
Rookie

ahobson98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI its Jamie Tonks not Phil.

Grid seems to be shaping up well, should have decent numbers this year.
Old 26 Jan 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4095397)   #64
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobson98 View Post
FYI its Jamie Tonks not Phil.

Grid seems to be shaping up well, should have decent numbers this year.
No idea where I had got Phil from!

TBA - Jamsport - Subaru

Jamie Tonks - Area Motorsport - Cupra Leon DSG

Steve Gales - Misty Racing - VW Golf GTi

Issac Smith - Race Car Consultants - VW Golf GTi
Old 26 Jan 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4095399)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Matthew Wilson in a JWBird new Cupra Leon.

Quite a few JCW Mini runners switching it seems.
For the teams it's interesting to run cars at other events than BTCC.
Not a big step from Mini Cup to TCR.
Old 26 Jan 2022, 15:36 (Ref:4095409)   #66
antnee
Veteran

Agreed - it is a good method to ensure no clashes with BTCC, allowing many of those teams who run in the TOCA support series to still run in a touring car series.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 21:57 (Ref:4095759)   #67
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Add Simon Tomlinson in a Jamsport Cupra
Old 28 Jan 2022, 22:57 (Ref:4095769)   #68
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If these are full season entries, and they keep coming at this rate, it's shaping up to be an adequately sized grid. Would love to see AWE win it with the Subaru.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 14:37 (Ref:4095844)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Add Simon Tomlinson in a Jamsport Cupra
Son of owner Ginetta?
Old 31 Jan 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4096799)   #70
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Son of owner Ginetta?
Nope, there is only 8 years difference between the 2 Simon has run in a variety of series over the years including most of the VW based stuff - MK2 Golf, VAG Trophy, VW Cup and Classic VW Cup.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 07:57 (Ref:4096800)   #71
antnee
Veteran

TBA - Jamsport - Subaru
Simon Tomlinson - Jamsport - Cupra Leon

Old 31 Jan 2022, 19:44 (Ref:4096902)   #72
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Nope, there is only 8 years difference between the 2 Simon has run in a variety of series over the years including most of the VW based stuff - MK2 Golf, VAG Trophy, VW Cup and Classic VW Cup.
Old 8 Feb 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4097784)   #73
antnee
Veteran

Essex and Kent announcing their 2022 TCR UK plans tomorrow - I wonder what they will be?
Old 9 Feb 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4097922)   #74
antnee
Veteran

3 car entry from Essex and Kent - the 2 Kent brothers being joined by Scott Sumpton. Lewis will drive a Veloster N instead of the i30N. Today's announcement takes the total to 12 drivers confirmed.

Lewis Kent - Essex and Kent - Hyundai Veloster N
Brad Kent - Essex and Kent - Hyundai i30N
Scott Sumpton - Essex and Kent - Hyundai i30N

TBA - Jamsport - Subaru

Old 11 Feb 2022, 16:53 (Ref:4098279)   #75
antnee
Veteran

Lewis Kent - Essex and Kent - Hyundai Veloster N
Brad Kent - Essex and Kent - Hyundai i30N
Scott Sumpton - Essex and Kent - Hyundai i30N

TBA - Jamsport - Subaru

Hugo Cook - Privateer - Audi RS 3 LMS