Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 21 Apr 2023, 22:12 (Ref:4152417)   #851
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Brown Saturn!
Ever since I read Bean Counters v. Car Guys I have a fascination for Saturns. If I got one, which I wouldn’t, it would be brown.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 22:33 (Ref:4152420)   #852
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s kind of cheating as this was just at a classic car garage. But hey ho.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9169.jpeg   IMG_9168.jpeg   IMG_9170.jpeg  

IMG_9171.jpeg   IMG_9173.jpeg   IMG_9172.jpeg  

Old 21 Apr 2023, 22:34 (Ref:4152421)   #853
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And some more. Including a nice big Jaaaaag.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9178.jpeg   IMG_9174.jpeg   IMG_9176.jpeg  

IMG_9177.jpeg  
Old 21 Apr 2023, 23:01 (Ref:4152424)   #854
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunno what it says about me but its the Series III that catches my eye
Old 21 Apr 2023, 23:59 (Ref:4152426)   #855
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes! I’m more of a series II, but yes.

I was most giddy about the Peugeot, just because that’s not a sight in the US.
Old 22 Apr 2023, 00:35 (Ref:4152430)   #856
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was a BAD week for me actually having my phone up to catch cars. Was in traffic and thought wow another SC300 cool, then he passed me and I heard it. Yup, it was an actual import right drive Soarer, driven in multiple games but never seen one before. Then today sitting at a red, hear it and out of the corner of my eye MINT beautiful but wrong green Triumph Spitfire

Next week though, oh it's on. 3 days of classic race cars so be prepared. And plenty of classic stock cars
Old 22 Apr 2023, 03:15 (Ref:4152433)   #857
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Cool. But no photo so didn’t happen

Jealous of the race meet. Have fun
Old 22 Apr 2023, 12:31 (Ref:4152468)   #858
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Ever since I read Bean Counters v. Car Guys I have a fascination for Saturns. If I got one, which I wouldn’t, it would be brown.
I never thought much about Saturn when I was a kid, but I did think it was kind of cool that a new car brand was put together by GM and it wasn't just a rebadge like most of their Olds/Chevy/Buicks were in that time. It is pretty rare to see a model this old in my neck of the woods too.

Quote:
Yes! I’m more of a series II, but yes.

I was most giddy about the Peugeot, just because that’s not a sight in the US.
Any French car is worth a double take over here!
Old 22 Apr 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4152474)   #859
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Peugeot puts me in mind of Colombo's convertible version so many years ago, although it wasn't in as good a condition as the saloon you've photographed.
Old 22 Apr 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4152475)   #860
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The Peugeot puts me in mind of Colombo's convertible version so many years ago, although it wasn't in as good a condition as the saloon you've photographed.
That was my first thought as well, actually saw a very very nice one a few weeks back, guarantee a respray given the shine
Old 22 Apr 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4152477)   #861
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Steven Spielberg once directed an episode of Columbo. The start:

https://twitter.com/atrightmovies/st...j6eBMuiRu0YfKw

It’s an opportunity for car spotting in the great cinematography.
Old 22 Apr 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4152500)   #862
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They actually use the Spielberg direction on one of the promos for Columbo on Sundance. And multiple Dick Van Dyke appearances
Old 22 Apr 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4152515)   #863
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Steven Spielberg once directed an episode of Columbo. The start:

https://twitter.com/atrightmovies/st...j6eBMuiRu0YfKw

It’s an opportunity for car spotting in the great cinematography.
Some absolute classics in that scene. The most classic thing is typical Merc driver going into the garage under the "exit only" sign.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 03:31 (Ref:4152530)   #864
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You’re allowed to. It says in the manual.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 06:10 (Ref:4152534)   #865
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cute little Italian run-around?
Attached Thumbnails
20230422_131449.jpg   20230422_131454.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4152736)   #866
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's interesting how in some parts, Lancia is seen as a marque with a fine pedigree and prestigious heritage. In Italy, it is seen as just a standard car maker.
Fair point - Lancia to me is Stratos, 037, Beta MonteCarlo Delta S4, Integrale, Lancia was to me a competition car brand first and road car very much second. The road cars always had a reputation for rusting to nothing in a matter of seconds and being typically Italian in terms of overall reliability.

Quote:
The brand was almost lost entirely when they were only putting out Chrysler re-badged cars - and then the Ypsilon became the only model keeping the brand 'current'.
Given that selection of offerings they should have just let it die with some dignity instead.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4152737)   #867
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no idea what is going on in the back of this truck. It has a window and a non secure looking door at the rear.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 12:02 (Ref:4152755)   #868
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That's either a really fancy or really crappy dog hutch back there??
Old 24 Apr 2023, 15:54 (Ref:4152796)   #869
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wen t to the Second 2023 Bicester Scramble yesterday. The inevitable myriad of pictures are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAB152

Here's a few samples:
Attached Thumbnails
AD7I5056.jpg   AD7I5076.jpg   AD7I5083.jpg  

AD7I5086.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4152800)   #870
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Peter; there's some delicious cars there. I wonder whether the Merc coupé managed to drive down that little bit of curbing off the grass without ripping off half of it's extra bodywork.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4152804)   #871
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Cute little Italian run-around?
What brand is this car?
Old 24 Apr 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4152809)   #872
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
What brand is this car?
It's a DR Automobiles Zero.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4152815)   #873
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a DR Automobiles Zero.
Never heard of it. On their Wikipedia page I see they sell cars based on Chinese models.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4152822)   #874
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I wen t to the Second 2023 Bicester Scramble yesterday. The inevitable myriad of pictures are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAB152
What a great diverse and eclectic selection of cars of all eras. Cracking album. Thanks for sharing.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4152826)   #875
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Never heard of it. On their Wikipedia page I see they sell cars based on Chinese models.
Yes. An Italian company that imports cars in component form, builds them in Italy and sells as DR models.