Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Dec 2003, 15:37 (Ref:813172)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sauber Present Wind Tunnel Specifications

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...16135342.shtml

for over a year this has been hyped as Sauber's secret weapon... hopefully for FISI and Sauber itll bring them better reasults than Last year....
Old 16 Dec 2003, 16:02 (Ref:813193)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with this in their arsenal and an incredibly powerful and reliable ferrari engine, they should be a force- and fisi at the helm i see good things, the tandem tests should prove well fro when sauber is getting passed
I really hope for the team to be up in the top rungs this year, HHF's podium should have been more commonplace.
but i gues Maclaren, adn Williams have made improvements as well.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 17:43 (Ref:813274)   #3
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber and Ferrari's secret weapon, its been suspected that this is apart of the reason for sauber and Ferrari becoming even mre tied together
Old 16 Dec 2003, 21:19 (Ref:813449)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a BIG investment and must have other 'privateers' like EJ shaking their head in amazement.

There have been rumours in the past that VW are interested in using Sauber's wind tunnel.........
Old 16 Dec 2003, 23:32 (Ref:813604)   #5
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's fantastic news, and good luck to them.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 08:46 (Ref:813766)   #6
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke recently to a former sauber aerodynamicist and he told me they're gonna use it fulltime, no room for renters then.
Actually it will be interesting to evaluate any possible involvement of Ferrari; after all 50 million € of investment is not small for a privateer like Sauber.
Let's wait and see; anyways it's always refreshing to read of strong upgrades made by non-prime teams.
A more competitive Sauber will make F1 more exciting.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 08:53 (Ref:813768)   #7
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with Sauber putting that much effort behind this project, him and his team will be taken more seriously. That will atract more sponsors and hopefully a manufacturer. If I were a mayor manufacturer (lets say VW group) I would for sure invest in Sauber and not Jordan or Minardi.

One also has to note that the language at Sauber is German, VW is a German company. I think they might be able to pull it off.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 09:46 (Ref:813808)   #8
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah. It all depends if they use the wind tunnel properly...
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:56 (Ref:814544)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Attila
I think with Sauber putting that much effort behind this project, him and his team will be taken more seriously. That will atract more sponsors and hopefully a manufacturer. If I were a mayor manufacturer (lets say VW group) I would for sure invest in Sauber and not Jordan or Minardi.

One also has to note that the language at Sauber is German, VW is a German company. I think they might be able to pull it off.
To get that sponsorship and manufacturer you talk about, and to be taken more seriously, they need to get more visible as a team, get alittle personality, drum up some excitement. Last year they were strictly dullsville! Non-existant really.

Winning will go along way in achieving that, but even losing teams like Minardi and Jordan got more air-time and coverage and were generally more exciting to follow than Sauber, showing that winning isn't everything. Buy some personality and showmanship Sauber!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 22:51 (Ref:814616)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year at the Spanish GP I saw far more Sauber fans than Jordan or Minardi fans...
Old 17 Dec 2003, 22:52 (Ref:814618)   #11
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meant 2003 Spanish GP.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 22:58 (Ref:814625)   #12
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That maybe true Jordi, but were they as "excited" as the bunch I saw at Indy?

Besides, its not easy finding Minardi apparel to wear!

Danica Patrick
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:01 (Ref:814629)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
If Jos is in your team, then it's easy to find. Because there were a lot of Jos fans too, but can't really count them as Minardi fans. (There were mechanic shirts for about 75 €, so there's apparel)
However, all the Sauber fans went with the tee or the shirt, the official Sauber flag... it all looked extremely organised. I for sure saw no BAR fan, in comparison. Only Jacques (me and 3 others) or Jenson ones, but no fan of the actual team...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 03:57 (Ref:814797)   #14
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Actually it will be interesting to evaluate any possible involvement of Ferrari; after all 50 million € of investment is not small for a privateer like Sauber.
Actually, petronas forked out a large sum out of the 50mill through their Sauber Petronas AG partnership.