Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Feb 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1525603)   #26
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it's anybody's guess, but i think toyota will finally break through and win a race or 2 this year. wishful thinking to believe that button will win a race this year, he'll be too busy trying to wrangle out of contracts.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1525613)   #27
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont think we will see anyone winning their first GP this year
Old 18 Feb 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1525614)   #28
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Williams look like they will be competitive, at least for the first half of the season - but if Mark can win, why not Nico?
Old 18 Feb 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1525684)   #29
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Rosberg will win one before Webber does.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1525753)   #30
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
I agree Williams look like they will be competitive, at least for the first half of the season - but if Mark can win, why not Nico?
I agree that Williams might win a race this season. I also think that Reubens might do it too, and even a Toyota. It seems that these 3 teams have been doing better than the top 3 in testing.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1525781)   #31
mooneyda
Racer

Ireland
Eire
mooneyda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I happen to think that RBR will surprise a few times this year and may even get a win in a scrappy race. I.e. a wet race or something.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1525841)   #32
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Trulli will spring a surprise this year. Toyota/Trulli with qualifying speed and pit stops...i think this year is looking good for them
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1525907)   #33
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
jenson button - because he hasn't won one yet and honda are going to be better this year anyway.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1525973)   #34
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No win for Jenson or Mark (except for unusual race conditions). They don't have the "winner's mood":

- Button is too "soft". He is fast, has a clean driving style but he's not a fighter. Just watch the way Schumi owned him in Imola last year...

- Webber: Blocking never brings victory (even if you start on pole in Monaco!). He lacks top speed.

Barrichello... why not? It would be interesting to watch him liberated from Michael's shadow, and in a promising team as well.

DC : time to get retired... It was difficult for him to win while he had the fastest cars, what can we expect from him now? But I have a lot of sympathy for him anyway
Old 18 Feb 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1525987)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You are being very disingenuous in your views towards these drivers if you don't not mind me saying..
Old 18 Feb 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1525988)   #36
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I predict at least 1 win from Massa. I also hope to see a win from Trulli and Rubino
Old 19 Feb 2006, 04:32 (Ref:1526049)   #37
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's kinda strange. Block and you're not a winner. Don't block and you're not a winner either... hmmm
Old 19 Feb 2006, 05:17 (Ref:1526055)   #38
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Ha
That's kinda strange. Block and you're not a winner. Don't block and you're not a winner either... hmmm
I think that a lot of the logic of that post is flawed.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1526078)   #39
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=coldtyre]No win for Jenson or Mark (except for unusual race conditions). They don't have the "winner's mood":

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtyre
- Button is too "soft". He is fast, has a clean driving style but he's not a fighter. Just watch the way Schumi owned him in Imola last year...
You do have a point here, but the year before he was right on the pace. The difference ? The car was a lot better as a result of Ant's work on the Fridays. They'll have that again this year. I would say Jenson may pull it off in a very good car... but won't pull it off in a poor one.

Quote:
- Webber: Blocking never brings victory (even if you start on pole in Monaco!). He lacks top speed.
I'm no Webber fan, but I'm not sure you're doing him justice here. He's a very quick pilot, particularly over a single lap and can be quite decisive on track during a race. Sometimes his decisiveness has caused problems, but I would say he's certainly race-winner material.

Quote:
DC : time to get retired... It was difficult for him to win while he had the fastest cars, what can we expect from him now? But I have a lot of sympathy for him anyway
I think DC is one of those people who, in a Mansell way, really thrives when things get difficult. He showed some fiesty performances in Red Bull last year and knows how to win races. His form in McLaren, often with exceptionally good cars, was sometimes below par... but there are drivers who don't get as much out of a situation when things are fully in their favour... than when things aren't. Effectively the inverse of Button.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1526092)   #40
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
- Webber: Blocking never brings victory (even if you start on pole in Monaco!)
Tell that to Alonso. Your memory of Imola last year missed out on the most important part. And Monaco '04 for that matter, didnt Trulli and Button have some interesting final laps there?

Quote:
He lacks top speed.
Last year the car lacked top speed, not the drivers.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1526102)   #41
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Last year the car lacked top speed, not the drivers.
Heidfeld was often faster...
And on one lap he isn't constant

However let me explain my post which I find rude retrospectively.
I was a great fan of ALL these drivers but they disappointed me. We put a lot of hopes on them...
Just see my opinions as an "angry fan rambling"
Admiring drivers makes you be very severe with them... Like in the French proverb: "qui aime bien châtie bien"
Old 19 Feb 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1526152)   #42
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Webber: Blocking never brings victory (even if you start on pole in Monaco!). He lacks top speed.
His car's have never had "top speed". I'm not a Webber fan, but - he is quicker than his record suggests.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 11:45 (Ref:1526165)   #43
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To win their first GP this year I'd have to say that Button and the Williams boys are the most likely candidates.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1526394)   #44
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1SPECIAL
To win their first GP this year I'd have to say that Button and the Williams boys are the most likely candidates.
If the Ferrari's anyway good... possibly Massa too.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1526441)   #45
Jimbo_F1
Rookie

Northern Ireland
County Tyrone
Jimbo_F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button's under a lot of cosh this year for his first win. 100 GP's have gone by and he still hasn't stood on top of the rostrum! The Honda car may well be a contender this year and it may give him a chance, but Rubens will definitely give him a run for his money... now that he's out of Schumacher's shadow. But like davyboy says, if Ferrari do come up with the goods this year, I'd say Massa will beat Button to it!
Old 19 Feb 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1526447)   #46
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Everyone must have written off Kimi because no ones mentioned him yet
As for DC; it must be his year, as hes NOT said it himself....yet
Old 20 Feb 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1526853)   #47
davyboy
Veteran

If the 2006 McLaren turns out to be as fragile as its recent predecessors, you gotta wonder how long Kimi's patience will last, it would certainly bode very highly against him wanting to remain there. In the aftermath of Newey's departure, McLaren very badly needs a Kimi with a room full of trophies this year.

I think DC could turn up a surprise. Count on Newey having some influence over this years car through interim developments, Red Bulls well laden wallet, 4 cars worth of data every time out... and DC a proven race winner. I was never a DC fan when he was at McLaren, but there's a certain sense of underdog about him now that would mean a victory from him would be very special.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1527559)   #48
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
Everyone must have written off Kimi because no ones mentioned him yet
Well, since the question asked 'who else' I presume Kimi was part of the 'will definitely win a race' segment of the question.

I'm not making any predictions, I'm just going to sit back and hopefully enjoy the season!