Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Oct 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2054408)   #1
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
2008 F3 EuroSeries calendar & off season chat

F3ES calendar for next season:
Code:
April 13       Hockenheim  
May 4          Mugello     
June 1         Pau         
June 29        Norisring   
July 13        Zandvoort   
July 27        Nurburgring 
August 31      Brands Hatch
September 21   Barcelona   
October 5      Le Mans     
October 26     Hockenheim
No GP support races, but they're back on the bill at Pau, supporting the WTCC. Does that mean Formula International Master has been dropped completely, or just for that meeting?

Guess what? They're racing at Zandvoort three weeks before the provisional date for the Masters next year. An unfair advantage or what? Considering that and the Kumho tyre issue, my guess is very few other teams from BF3 and elsewhere will enter.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 22:01 (Ref:2054424)   #2
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula master also annunced they will race in Pau but still provisional calendar

http://www.formulamaster.net/ENG/ReadNews.asp?id=618
Old 31 Oct 2007, 16:40 (Ref:2055999)   #3
nicorossi
Rookie

nicorossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Guess what? They're racing at Zandvoort three weeks before the provisional date for the Masters next year. An unfair advantage or what? Considering that and the Kumho tyre issue, my guess is very few other teams from BF3 and elsewhere will enter.
F3 Masters is now at Zolder not Zandvoort, so no advantage will come from some practice 3 weeks beforehand on a completely different track! The tyre issue however will no doubt help the Euro boys ...
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:12 (Ref:2056030)   #4
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought Zolder was '07 only?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2056055)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Thought Zolder was '07 only?
Yes, Zolder was a one-off solution for this year to help the noise problem Zandvoort has and it must have been an expensive one as BP dropped out as the event sponsors.

The WTCC is not going to Zandvoort next year, which may help and I'm sure the organisers will do everything possible to return the Masters to its rightful home.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2056132)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since the extra race days the WTCC brought to Zandvoort were the main reason the Masters were relocated to Zandvoort, I don't see any reason why the wouldn't race at Zandvoort again.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 20:33 (Ref:2062416)   #7
Alexandre
Rookie

Alexandre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zaandvoort is very sandy
Old 9 Nov 2007, 13:55 (Ref:2063771)   #8
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
Since the extra race days the WTCC brought to Zandvoort were the main reason the Masters were relocated to Zandvoort, I don't see any reason why the wouldn't race at Zandvoort again.
BRL-Calendar 2008 (provisional, 10 November)
10-12 May 2008: Pinksterraces – Zandvoort
05-06 July 2008: DPP Festival – Assen
12-13 July 2008: Truck Grand Prix – Nürburgring
02-03 August 2008: Rizla Racing Day – Assen
09-10 August 2008: Masters of F3 – Zolder
13-14 September 2008: Truck Grand Prix – Zolder
04-05 October 2008: A1GP – Zandvoort
18-19 October 2008: Finaleraces – Zandvoort

Christian
EuroBOSS
Old 9 Nov 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2064037)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
This time last the Masters was going to be at Zandvoort, but it ended up at Zolder. Let's hope the reverse happens in '08. I'm sure the Zandvoort organizers are negotiating as hard as they can, but they are not going to rock the boat by announcing anything now.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 20:06 (Ref:2075349)   #10
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika Mäki, who won the Italian FR championship, will race in F3 Euroseries with Mücke motorsport in 2008.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 17:50 (Ref:2075927)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre
Zaandvoort is very sandy
That's why it's called Zandvoort
Old 26 Nov 2007, 18:15 (Ref:2075939)   #12
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
Mika Mäki, who won the Italian FR championship, will race in F3 Euroseries with Mücke motorsport in 2008.
Very good news, although I'm not suprised. Mücke and Red Bull are long-time partners, and with Hartley moving to British F3, Mika Mäki was the best name they could get. Any news on his teammate. Stefano Coletti perhaps?

ASM, Hülkenberg and Vietoris seems a done deal. Other seats are probably for rookies Jon Lanchaster and Jules Bianchi. Manor has signed Toyota protégé Kazuya Oshima and Henki Waldschmidt is likely to join SG Formula.

Also, Signature will run with Volkswagen engines next year, together with RC Motorsport.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 14:38 (Ref:2077314)   #13
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ART (as it's now known) will run James Jakes, Nico Hulkenberg, Jules Bianchi and Jon Lancaster. Martin Plowman tested for Manor at Pembrey a few weeks ago but not sure what he's up to. Are Waldschmidt and Plowman being retained by the Toyota young driver programme?
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2077356)   #14
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Are Waldschmidt and Plowman being retained by the Toyota young driver programme?
http://www.formula3.cc/content/view/21597/504/
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2077405)   #15
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea why they would have kept Henkie and Andrea over Martin. Martin has finished ahead of Henkie both years in Italy and finsihed ahead of Andrea as well this year. Remember Ben Clucas? 5th and rookie champion in his first year of Italian FR- dropped...Koboyashi- finished outside the top 6 in his first year- kept on by Toyota and is now Toyota's 3rd driver in F1. Ridiculous!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2077482)   #16
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
I don't rate Plowman over Henkie. Henkie won a race in the Eurocup this year. Henkie has a lot of speed, but he was involved in a bit to many accidents (just like Stefano Coletti, quick but inconsistent). Plowman is more a steady driver, quick, always upfront, but he couldn't make the final step IMO. But this years grid in Formula Renault was very strong. For Caldarelli it was his first full year in Formula Renault, so it will be interesting to see what he can do next year.

But Plowman in Euro F3 would be a good addition to the grid. He's definately not slow and can be a serious contenter for the rookie championship. (Bianchi, Lancaster, Waldschmidt, Mäki ... sounds good to me.) I hope for him he sings up at Manor, because it's a good team.

ASM is now transformed to ART Grand Prix and will have Nico Hülkenberg, James Jakes, Jon Lancaster and Julies Bianchi in the line-up. So no Vietoris, I'm a bit suprised about that. Curious where he will end up.

This could be an awesome 2008 F3 year, with 2 great championships with very strong grids. Looking forward to it!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 19:06 (Ref:2077489)   #17
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's their corporate approach I'd think runshaw... Anyway, it's one hell of a grid Daisy,and I am sure oe last, competitive chance for James Jakes, silent driver but with great experience and... I'd think next F3 ES champion, that would save his career...

Our British championship doesn't look bad compare it to ES? ;-)
Old 28 Nov 2007, 23:56 (Ref:2077647)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
This could be an awesome 2008 F3 year, with 2 great championships with very strong grids. Looking forward to it!
And great to see VW out there Daisy, works good.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 14:58 (Ref:2079360)   #19
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Erik Janis has entered the Mercedes Junior program and will race for Mücke in 2008 (according to Italiaracing). Wouldn't be my first choice, but let's see he can prove me wrong.

Does anyone know how many cars Signature will enter in 2008?
Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:08 (Ref:2082357)   #20
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
4 entries for RC Motorsport (Edoardo Mortara, Jean-Karl Vernay, Stefano Coletti, ?) and 4 entries for Signature Plus (Martin Plowman, Maximilian Gotz, Jens Klingmann (?), ?).

Like I said in BF3 topic, am bit of aware of Sam Bird joining VW.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:55 (Ref:2082402)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmm, i read it as mortara and vernay staying with signature and coletti joining them...
Old 5 Dec 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2082450)   #22
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I may have swapped them... have I?!
Old 6 Dec 2007, 01:22 (Ref:2082533)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Signature jumping to Volkswagen like that, and how quickly VW got busy in F3, I find it really quite remarkable.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 05:25 (Ref:2082587)   #24
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
hmm, i read it as mortara and vernay staying with signature and coletti joining them...
has he opposited Signature and RC's drivers?
Old 6 Dec 2007, 09:11 (Ref:2082640)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think so, but my italian is largely un-motorsporty nowadays. it says in the middle that the bloke from vw hasn't confirmed their drivers, but signature have vernay and mortara and possibly coletti too.

link: http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17367&cat=7

(wait, since when did italiaracing become a valid news source? )

Tags
f3 euroseries