Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Mar 2024, 20:05 (Ref:4201819)   #1
Beej1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stoubridge - West Mids
Beej1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking of returning

After around 8 years away, I'm thinking of returning to marshaling. I'm completely happy to 'start at the bottom' again, at least in the eyes of MUK and really excited thinking about getting back at it.
Mostly Donington previously (albeit under different ownership at the time) with a bit of Silverstone and Malory thrown it (Midlands based).
What I'm really interested to learn is; what have I missed, what's changed and what do I need to know?
Old 21 Mar 2024, 15:57 (Ref:4202133)   #2
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was an Examining Observer/ Examining Post Chief for quite a few years covering many circuits. Also a Safety Car observer in later years. Unfortunately I succumbed to the Big C about 12 years ago and had to stop. I enquired about returning to the track again, but, like you MUK said I had to start from scratch, despite my experience. With that I decided to completely retire from a job I loved. I still support the Marshals Club, and often recommend it to those interested. Good luck with your starting again.