Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 18 Aug 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2270872)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autographed race programmes

I have three race programmes which are signed and am trying to value them. They were all signed in period
1964 Guards Trophy signed by all the Mecom Drivers, AJ Foyt, Walt Hansgen and Augie Pabt
1965 Race of Champions signed by Dan Gurney and finally 1973 Daily Express Int Trophy signed by Denis Hulme. Does anyone have any ideas asto who I should speak with in terms of values? I would have thought the Mecom one is pretty collectable as it was the whole team by the names on the entries...
Old 18 Aug 2008, 11:27 (Ref:2270879)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon, a more appropriate audience might be in Armchair Enthusiast where our collectors tend to post, but I'll leave it here for awhile, if you wish!
Old 18 Aug 2008, 11:29 (Ref:2270880)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
never even heard of that - I shall visit it immediately!! John feel free to push it over if you want - thanks
Old 18 Aug 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2270914)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure how much autographed programmes are really worth. My only experience was selling a Thruxton F3/BTCC programme from a few years back which included such luminaries as Barrichello and Coulthard, Jackie Stewart - even Murray Walker and the whole BTCC field at the time. The sale price on Ebay was miserable and I wish I hadn't sold it. Your programmes are older but I doubt they will raise megabucks........
Old 18 Aug 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2271150)   #5
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you have any pictures of them please ?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 19 Aug 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2271358)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
do you have any pictures of them please ?
I will take some tonight and post them tomorrow as an auction house I spoke to yesterday said that they need them as well
Old 19 Aug 2008, 12:01 (Ref:2271512)   #7
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have one somewhere. It was the F3/GT powertour weekend at silverstone (the week after Stewert GP won their first GP), It's got Jackies Autograph, Jenson Buttons (his old sig when he was in f3) and Pizzonia's Autograph (when he was in FFord I think or maybe FRenault) long before he raced the Jag F1.

Haven't got a clue whats its worth mind you. Not much I reckon.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2273616)   #8
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a btcc programe from 1992 at oulton. signed by the more or less the whole field inc kith o'dor john cleland, tim harvey and rouse and for some reason signed twice by will hoy, this is the year he won. no idea if its worth bog all but its a nice thing to have!
Old 23 Aug 2008, 04:07 (Ref:2273643)   #9
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I once got two race programs from the British GP 1961 at Aintree and from the International Gold Cup Meeting at Oulton Park from 1962.
It costed me 20€ each in a medium condition but unautographed.
I would assume that you can put a basic amount of 15€-20€ for your programs depending on the condition and then adding individual amounts for the autographs.
Hope this helps a bit. Cheers
Old 23 Aug 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2273667)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

Andy I have about 100 I am selling as I am reducing my collection of automemorabilia. Ifthere is a particular meeting you are looking for let me know
Old 23 Aug 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2273982)   #11
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get a list made up ! :P

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 24 Aug 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2274168)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

I have a list which I will happily post as a word attachment if I am allowed...
Old 24 Aug 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2274310)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, if you're just posting it to let us know what you have (rather than actually offering them for sale here).........
Old 24 Aug 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2274521)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

how do I attach a word document? I have them listed on one
Old 25 Aug 2008, 10:51 (Ref:2274920)   #15
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just post the list and as long as you put no prices or the fact you are selling them or pm people!!

i have got quite a feew btcc programs and stuff signed from when i was 8-16 going to oulton park all the time and for the value of them to myself i dont think i would sell them, brings too many happy memories back and its hard to get them these days!!

My dad used to do security at oulton park we used to get in the team hospitality suites and all sorts some of the best days of my child life!! :-)

got a gp programme signed by sir jackie stewart as well, he was really friendly think it was 1995....once again...mine to keep !!
Old 25 Aug 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2274930)   #16
simon drabble
Veteran

it will be a long post as I have about 100 of them! If you dont mind that then I am happy to do that...