Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:35 (Ref:932808)   #26
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, this might not have any relevance what so ever to what Graham is talking about but on the Euro GT series website concerning the Marlboro Masters visit the first news update and it states in the report that the Euro GT series "only allows Grand Tourismo models to participate," Marcos, Vipers etc but keep reading and it also says "McLaren F1".

Could this be a possibility to see a McLaren race again in Europe?

http://www.eurogtseries.com/

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 6 Apr 2004, 22:17 (Ref:932856)   #27
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Considering their result in F1, they could focus more on sportscars, though...
I'm not sure McLaren cares for Sportscars at all. It's an F1 team, and they make the occaisional road car. I'm not sure the F1 was ever intended to be a racing car...

Last edited by pirenzo; 6 Apr 2004 at 22:17.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:02 (Ref:933330)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, if I recall (and believe) what I read at the time, it never was......
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:14 (Ref:933455)   #29
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:36 (Ref:933477)   #30
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Now that would look good in my drive - is it still in the same colour-scheme? Always liked that one.

lark
glad you liked it one of my designs (as well as the Gulf, West, San Miguel,96 GTR launch, Marlboro and Ueno ones!)

Yes, it was never intended to race, but Ray Bellm kept asking and then after a while they said yes. Financially it was a good move as McLaren reduced some of the losses on the car with motorsport spare parts as well as building on the legend
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:38 (Ref:933479)   #31
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Is the only thing which prevents a McLaren from running in the FIA GT Championship the fact that it was once homologated as a GT1 car? After all, McLaren must have built enough road versions to qualify. How competitive would a long-tail F1 GTR be against Ferrari 550s, Saleens and Ferrari 575s? I'd guess very.
just over 100 cars, but can't remember if that included racecars.

Some racecars have now been converted into road spec, by Lanzante or Bellms own company IIRC
Old 7 Apr 2004, 20:19 (Ref:933821)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
Can we read between the lines???! -please...
New Macca for 2005????
In tomorrow's Autosport there is a little snippet that Haug has said the new McLaren SLR won't race...
Old 8 Apr 2004, 08:45 (Ref:934140)   #33
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
In tomorrow's Autosport there is a little snippet that Haug has said the new McLaren SLR won't race...
Proof that god exists?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 21:42 (Ref:937666)   #34
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If anyone has £1,200,000 they want to lean me then I might be able to buy this:- http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/mc...63835762ss.htm do you think they will take my Rover in part xchange
Old 13 Apr 2004, 05:41 (Ref:937864)   #35
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what happened to the Harrods Mclaren F1 GT car.

Owned by Moodi Al Fayed (Mohammed's nephew I believe)
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:13 (Ref:937874)   #36
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
If anyone has £1,200,000 they want to lean me then I might be able to buy this:- http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/mc...63835762ss.htm do you think they will take my Rover in part xchange
lol @

Performance Data
Class: F1

Engine
Engine Builder: Mclearn
Manufacturer: Mclearn
Type: F1
Horsepower: 1000
Total Time: 25 hours
Old 13 Apr 2004, 11:45 (Ref:938164)   #37
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really odd listing isn't it?

Construction: Racing Body

After listing the history as 1996 LM 24 Hours and Silverstone 4 Hours:

Total time, 25 hours...

also, i wonder how long it's been there to get 10801 viewings

Last edited by gi_gav; 13 Apr 2004 at 11:50.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 11:58 (Ref:938178)   #38
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another F1

A bit like bus's, you never see one then two come along, this one has been repainted Orange but has a strong racing history as well(and is cheaper).

Road use only

Or if you did'nt want one thats been thrashed heres a 2 owner example, never raced or rallied gov......... honest.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:13 (Ref:938205)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jeez those are just gorgeous.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 06:07 (Ref:943788)   #40
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Are they joking? Asking 1.2M GBP for a '96 car that really doesn't have any more series to race in, has limited and/or expensive parts support.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 06:12 (Ref:943789)   #41
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Another F1

A bit like bus's, you never see one then two come along, this one has been repainted Orange but has a strong racing history as well(and is cheaper).
I guess the owner thought he would have an easier time selling it as a converted race to road veh? OTOH, would anyone have bought a 600K GBP racecar F1 versus a roadgoing 850K GBP F1? Hmmm...
Old 21 May 2004, 01:35 (Ref:977209)   #42
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
does anyone have any pics of a rare F1 GTR. 1996 BPR, first round and Lindsay Owen-Jones car was danaged in pratice, so they used a spare(!) one, which was all-white, with Gulf decals.

Anyone got a pic, email andyb@seatcupra.net if you have regardles of quality

thanks
Old 21 May 2004, 08:04 (Ref:977360)   #43
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by andy_b
does anyone have any pics of a rare F1 GTR. 1996 BPR, first round and Lindsay Owen-Jones car was danaged in pratice, so they used a spare(!) one, which was all-white, with Gulf decals.

Anyone got a pic, email andyb@seatcupra.net if you have regardles of quality

thanks
This is an odd one. According to the results at www.wspr-racing.com, this was chassis 015R - but all chassis no. listings (even the one on the same site) claim this cars was in use as of round 2, Monza.
Old 21 May 2004, 08:35 (Ref:977391)   #44
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren did not even build 100 cars in total,and lots of them were Racecars.Unfortunatelly a friend of mine borrowed my Driving Ambition Book wich is very detailed about the numbers and is a very good read if someone is into sportcar and racing.Will come up with the official numbers soon!
Old 21 May 2004, 21:16 (Ref:978127)   #45
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
found out, was 107 cars including racecars
Old 22 May 2004, 16:38 (Ref:978952)   #46
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's quite simple about the white Gulf McLaren - there isn't one. Any such car was just an unpainted touring around the track in practice or such like. All Gulf cars ran the Gulf livery, although the tones of blue and orange, did change slightly at some races. Also the size of some of the Gulf decals changed. The #9 car was originally white before changing to orange and black. Of course the West McLaren also changed from Red with white, to White with red.