Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 May 2004, 20:03 (Ref:969097)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mid-Ohio Entry List

Tonight at midnight is the deadline for entries for Round 2 of the ALMS Series at Mid-Ohio...

I iamagine we will se a provisional list sometime in the next day or two....

Just wanted that one to be on everyone's radar screen in the wake of a great season opener at Monza and the upcoming big event at Le Mans...

I'll keep an eye out for it when it is released...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 13 May 2004, 00:17 (Ref:969338)   #2
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im pretty curious to see what the regular season line up is going to look like...hopefully not too shabby!!

Looking at the Lime Rock schedule ALMS gets Mucho track time, outta be able to get a boat load of good pictures for everyone!!

But AGT is gonna get a good size slice of my memory sticks too!!

Last edited by billnchristy; 13 May 2004 at 00:18.
Old 13 May 2004, 02:28 (Ref:969375)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Well, you can scratch Rand. They've disbanded as a team.
Old 13 May 2004, 06:13 (Ref:969465)   #4
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah that sucks because Rand ran a quality operation and were a bunch of good guys... lets hope they can hook up with another team sometime in the future
Old 13 May 2004, 11:15 (Ref:969683)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Why?
Old 13 May 2004, 14:12 (Ref:969893)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah...Why????

They were a good team...and they made an up-front commitment to come with two cars....

This is really kind of shocking to me....why mount a 2-car effort for one ALMS race, then pull the plug????

Now for a Tangent: (oh brother....)

Does anyone know if they submitted an entry to Le Mans????

and did a rejection by the ACO cause them to lose a sponsor deal that had a "Le Mans" clause in it???

I would speculate about them dumping ALMS after the LM rejection to look at Grand Am, but that tangent wouldn't be possible if they've disbanded...

and since they have disbanded...

There are two Lola B2K/40s with Nissan engines that would probably sell for a good price!!!

Old 13 May 2004, 15:45 (Ref:969976)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I'm shocked and miffed too Tim.

But, the team has stated they will not be undertaking further racing activities, which means no Grand AM.

Given they had no real sponsorship to speak of, I doubt an LM entry, or lack thereor, would have made a difference.

I believe that some members of the team have already moved over to other ALMS teams.
Old 13 May 2004, 16:26 (Ref:970011)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Did I hear somewhere that Champion have a second chassis now ? Well , Im rooting for Autocon . I love that car !!!
Old 13 May 2004, 16:29 (Ref:970012)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Champion are running a different chassis at LM from their ALMS one. Its availability for the balance of the season is unknown, but it's currently in ACO spec, not ALMS spec.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 13 May 2004, 16:45 (Ref:970030)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Here is my speculative entry list.

LMP1

#12 Autocon R&S Mk IIIC
#15 Taurus Lola B2K/10 <- maybe??
#16 Dyson Lola EX257
#20 Dyson Lola EX257
#33 Intersport R&S Mk IIIC <- doubtful??
#37 Intersport Lola EX257
#38 Champion Audi R8
#50 Team Elite, Lotus Elise

LMP2

#?? Miracle Motorsports Lola B2K/40
#30 Intersport Lola B2K/40
#56 Bucknum Pilbeam MP91
#57 Bucknum Pilbeam MP91

GTS

#3 Corvette Racing C5R
#4 Corvette Racing C5R
#5 Krohn-Barbour Lamborghini
#6 Krohn-Barbour Lamborghini
#63 Acemco Saleen
#71 Carsport Viper

GT

#23 AJR Porsche
#24 AJR Porsche
#31 White Lightning Porsche
#35 Risi Ferrari
#44 Flying Lizard Porsche
#45 Flying Lizard Porsche
#52 Seikel Porsche
#60 PK Porsche
#61 PK Porsche
#66 TRG Porsche
#67 TRG Porsche
#78 J3 Porsche
#XX Panoz Esperante LM

LMP1 - 6/7
LMP2 - 4
GTS - 6
GT - 13

Total - 29/30

Last edited by Fogelhund; 13 May 2004 at 16:47.
Old 13 May 2004, 18:17 (Ref:970107)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
What about American Spirit???

Didn't they have two cars at Sebring???

Or is that somehow tied in with Miracle???

I was kinda confused about where Miracle came from in the first place...

Old 13 May 2004, 18:53 (Ref:970151)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Never mind on the last post....

Miracle was and still is tied with American Spirit...

But on American Spirit's site, they are selling a Kenworth hauler, some support equipment, one of the Lola B2k/40s, and two Trans-Am cars!!!!

Exactly what is going on.....

Rand disbands....

American Spirit goes from two cars to one...

It is getting stranger by the minute for me today...

Old 13 May 2004, 19:01 (Ref:970159)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Tim - American Spirit disbanding is old news. People don't have the budgets, mixed with alternate views, and personal fallouts.
Old 13 May 2004, 19:07 (Ref:970163)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Sorry...I didn't remember reading that at all....

are they still tied with Miracle???

or is that a separate entity???

I'm just wondering...

Old 13 May 2004, 19:12 (Ref:970165)   #15
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Some of the ASR people were to be tied to Miracle.. not sure who.
Old 13 May 2004, 19:14 (Ref:970170)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, Fogelhund....

Old 13 May 2004, 19:29 (Ref:970197)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The best looking battle is going to take place in GT if you ask me . The Audi's and Corvette's dont have any competition just yet !!! Would have been nice if someone could get their hands on those Cadillac's and strap a Judd GV4 to it !!!
Old 13 May 2004, 19:42 (Ref:970212)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
I think a Zytek might be the best next option, instead of a Caddy.
Old 13 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:970215)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
The best looking battle is going to take place in GT if you ask me . The Audi's and Corvette's dont have any competition just yet !!! Would have been nice if someone could get their hands on those Cadillac's and strap a Judd GV4 to it !!!

Cadillac would probably never let that happen...

As for me, I'd run that 4.OL turbo Northstar they ran in 2002....

Once they got a different suppplier for their alternators, the car
was reliable...

They were Very Competiive by the end of that season.....had podium finishes in ALMS races...I remember Miami and Petit for sure....only to have Cadillac dump the program....

They wouldn't even let Wayne Taylor run the program as a privateer...

So I don't know how necessary the Judd would be...but it would be nice to have the 2002 Caddy back on the track!!!

Old 13 May 2004, 19:48 (Ref:970218)   #20
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
I think a Zytek might be the best next option, instead of a Caddy.

I would certainly second that!!!!

The Zytek would be even more effective on North American-type circuits...

They were in a class of their own last year at Estoril, Donington and Ochsersleben in FIA-SCC....they won in Germany, but went off the course on the last laps at Estoril in the rain and broke down in the late stages at Donington...

They were quite impressive last weekend as well....

Old 13 May 2004, 19:54 (Ref:970222)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
They were Very Competiive by the end of that season.....had podium finishes in ALMS races...I remember Miami and Petit for sure....only to have Cadillac dump the program....

(Posted by Tim Northcutt)

Add podiums at Mosport ant laguna to that list...

Mosport -- 3rd
Laguna -- 3rd
Miami -- 2nd!
Petit -- 3rd & 4th

Old 13 May 2004, 20:26 (Ref:970240)   #22
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no challengers for the Audi? i would have to disagree as the Dyson Lolas have been testing very hard at mid-ohio and other circuits and will give the audi a run for its money.
Old 13 May 2004, 20:35 (Ref:970248)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

Ive heard the same story from Dyson for the past two years . I honestly hope they can bring it too Audi this year . The B160 is a great car but its no Audi beater in my opinion . Zytek or a Dome might be the way to go .
Old 13 May 2004, 20:56 (Ref:970265)   #24
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Zytek - maybe.

Dome - no. Not in NA, anyway. They're optimized for low-downforce. They just don't have the handling of the Audis (or the B160s, from what I've heard).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 13 May 2004, 21:24 (Ref:970288)   #25
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
no challengers for the Audi? i would have to disagree as the Dyson Lolas have been testing very hard at mid-ohio and other circuits and will give the audi a run for its money.

Provided they don't have more electical issues (even though the "starter-nator" is gone), or fueling system fires, or don't have to pull off the cowling every pit stop to blast the turbocharger with a fire extinguisher.....

In the 2 hr. 30 min. races...they proved last summer that they were pretty competitive....and I think they will give Audi a good run at Mid-Ohio, Sears Point (where they beat Audi last year) , and Lime Rock (in their own backyard, no less)....

Provided the car can stay together....I've been hearing for three seasons how the MG-Lola was going to finally work through the issues...but I have yet to see it on even a remotely consistent basis...

and I've been watching since 2001....

Until the Gremlins go away from that AER four-banger turbo, that combination will be like a moth and a flame every time it takes the track as far as I'm concerned...

and maybe Dyson is beginning to think that way, too....on othr threads, the word has been that he's looking at running a Dome next year...

Which is a nice Segway to paul-collins' statement...and I agree with him 200%

The Dome is a lower-downforce chassis...and unless Dyson dials in a lot of wing and does dive planes on it, he'll suffer here in North America....

Domes that ran earlier in the ALMS with Judd power were not successful.....and I don't see that changing....even with Dyson's stable of outstanding drivers....