Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 May 2004, 21:43 (Ref:970298)   #26
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The list is posted on ALMS home page:
http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm...oentrylist.cfm

30 total
4 LMP1
5 LMP2
6 GTS
15 GT
Old 13 May 2004, 21:50 (Ref:970307)   #27
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
LMP1
16/20 Dyson
37 Intersport
38 Champion

LMP2
10 Miracle
13 Race Car company
19 van der Steur Racing
30 Instersport
56 Bucknum

GTS
3/4 Corvette
5/6 Barbour
63 Acemco
71 Carsport

GT
21/22 Speedquest/Hazardous
23/24 Alex Job
31 White Lightning
35 Risi
43 BAM!
44/45 Flying Lizard
50 Panoz
60 PK Sport
66/67 The racer's Group
78/79 J3 Racing
Old 13 May 2004, 21:51 (Ref:970308)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a bad entry list, lots of quality there. A reasonable size too, 30 cars is just about enough but I woudnt want to see it dip below the 30 mark, still hopefully there could be a couple more cars on the grid before the end of the season.
Old 13 May 2004, 21:56 (Ref:970313)   #29
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two Questions:

1. Who is the "Race Car Company"? It's listed as a Lola B2K/40 Millington....

2. Where are AutoCon and Team Elite?????

I'm assuming that this is a "Provisional" list of some sort....and not the "Final" list....

at least I hope it's not a "Fianl" list...

That's depressing....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 13 May 2004, 22:00 (Ref:970319)   #30
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tim, dont tell me ur suprised at this. The writting was on the wall at Sebring, I think most of us here knew that once the European season began and the European teams went back home the ALMS would have signifcantly reduced grids, we knew it was going to happen but I think nobody wanted to see it.

This is what happens when u have 2 rival series on 1 continent. Sure u can argue FIA GT's are in competition with the LMES, but only up to a point. 2 of the classess are the same, but there is onl 1 series for LMP's in Europe. Unlike America, DP's are Prototypes, of a sort after all.
Old 13 May 2004, 22:09 (Ref:970331)   #31
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But AutoCon and Team Elite are both US-based...

They won't be running over in Europe....

I knew that the field would be smaller....

But I didn't think LMP1 and LMP2 would be that thin...

Of course, I found out only today that Rand Racing has disbanded and that American Spirit basically has, too....as noted by Fogelhund in earlier posts....

That's Three of the LMP2s and Two of the LMP1s that I figured would be on the grid at Mid-Ohio....

Old 13 May 2004, 22:16 (Ref:970337)   #32
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Tim, a bit of good news. The entry list on dailysportscar.com is the same as the list on imsaracing.net of course, but on the DSC entry list it does say a couple more entries are expected in due course. So providing nobody pulls out we could have a grid of maybe 34/35, that woudnt be bad at all.
Old 13 May 2004, 22:21 (Ref:970341)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
That looks better than 9 LMP cars total....

I would expect those two teams in LMP1 (AutoCon and Team Elite) to be on the grid....both seem very committed to the Series....

The three LMP2s missing are done....unless someone buys those cars...

I wonder where the "Race Car Group" got their Lola Chassis????

I'd have to look back and see who ran a Millington engine in a Lola in the past for some clues....

Old 13 May 2004, 22:24 (Ref:970348)   #34
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I just remembered...didn't Marshall Cook Racing have a Lola with a Millington engine last year???

Please advise if any of you can confirm this...

Thanks!

Old 13 May 2004, 22:42 (Ref:970371)   #35
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well a part of me wants to be doom and gloom, but Saleen is right. The grid may be smallish, but the quality is definitely there. The two Dyson Lolas, the Intersport Lola and the Audi will be entertaining. Throw in Team Elise and AutoCon (hopefully) and that's not a bad little LMP1 field. GTS is certainly looking better than it did. I'd like to see one 550 in their though. Maybe Baron Conor will come in for Petit and Laguna. And GT looks very solid.

All in all, less than I wanted, but good teams and cars.
Old 13 May 2004, 23:23 (Ref:970404)   #36
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
Tim,
Essex racing had a Millington engine, IIRC.
Old 14 May 2004, 00:35 (Ref:970430)   #37
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt

2. Where are AutoCon and Team Elite?????

Don't know about AutoCon but recall that ah746 from Team Elite mentioned that they were aiming to install a Judd, which would require significant rebuild that may be schedule altering, and also were planning a relocate, which I imagine would be done before rebuild. So, that may go a long way to explaining their abscence.

I hope someone from AutoCon, or some news, is available to say that YES they will be at MidOhio!

(I am concerned that the snubbing from ACO may have been deliterious to their plans....).

Last edited by skycafe; 14 May 2004 at 00:35.
Old 14 May 2004, 03:07 (Ref:970470)   #38
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
having no MkIIIc in the series is absolute ****... there should be at least one of these machines on the grid at all times right now. what in the heck happened to intersport with this car? it was a contender for an overall under Matthews and now it isn't even being run?!?!
Old 14 May 2004, 06:10 (Ref:970539)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It was a contender under Matthews when it was being run by Riley & Scott . Ive yet to see another team run that car well !!!

Overall I reckon the ALMS grid is looking kinda sad . Its in need of some American manufacturers to support it better , I think . Shame !!!

Audi will win , Intersport for 675 , Corvette for GTS and AJR for GT . Way too predictable for my liking !!!

Hopefully some more to come , soon .

Last edited by The Badger; 14 May 2004 at 06:11.
Old 14 May 2004, 11:40 (Ref:970789)   #40
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
having no MkIIIc in the series is absolute ****... there should be at least one of these machines on the grid at all times right now. what in the heck happened to intersport with this car? it was a contender for an overall under Matthews and now it isn't even being run?!?!
From what I've read, I don't think Intersport intend to run the 3C as a full-season effort, but will run it at selected races, presumably for paying drivers
Old 14 May 2004, 11:42 (Ref:970792)   #41
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I just remembered...didn't Marshall Cook Racing have a Lola with a Millington engine last year???

Please advise if any of you can confirm this...

Thanks!
That's correct- presumably this must be the (ex?-)Marshall-Cook car- anyone have any idea who 'The Race Car Company' are?
Old 14 May 2004, 14:29 (Ref:970973)   #42
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by 73_Gstock
Tim,
Essex racing had a Millington engine, IIRC.
Thanks, 73_Gstock...

forgot about Essex Racing....

and from the news on Rand and American Spirit, thee are probably 3 more Lolas out there for teams to purchase...

But I don't see that happening this late in the year...unless of course, I hit a Powerball Jackpot!!!

Old 14 May 2004, 14:56 (Ref:970995)   #43
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote from an article on lmsr.net regarding American Spirit.

"We have shut down our racing operation and sold off our cars."

So someone has purchased American Spirit's cars. They may yet turn up then? Here's the link to the article.

http://www.lmsr.net/astruth.html
Old 14 May 2004, 15:02 (Ref:971000)   #44
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
One of them is the Miracle Motorsports entry....

The other Lola must have sold in the last month....because it was still listed for sale on their site, and the last "news item" they had was dated early April....and it was about working some sort of "marketing deal" with PDM Racing in the IRL to help them land a sponsorship for the "Indy 500"....

But it would be nice to have someone show up with that car....

Old 14 May 2004, 15:27 (Ref:971014)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Team: Miracle Motorsports
Car: Lola B2K/40 Nissan
Sponsor: Miracle Toyota

????
Old 14 May 2004, 15:53 (Ref:971048)   #46
The Boot
Rookie

United States
Rochester, NY
The Boot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The owner of Miracle Motorsports owns a Toyota dealership in Florida.

http://www.miracletoyota.com/index.asp

Since ASR quit racing I wonder what happened to Tony Dowe?
Old 15 May 2004, 11:32 (Ref:971613)   #47
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SpeedQuest has now put in a two-car entry for Mid-Ohio, in the former Zip Racing equipment. And the best news of all:

SHANE LEWIS WILL BE DRIVING ONE OF THE CARS!

Check the details at www.rfmsports.com

Last edited by Liz; 15 May 2004 at 11:33.
Old 15 May 2004, 12:23 (Ref:971657)   #48
GT1
Racer

GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still can't believe Rand is already gone.

The entry list is terrible for the protos, no getting around it. The R&S MKIIIC was supposed to have an Elan for this race replacing the Lincoln, guess they decided to park it?
Old 15 May 2004, 15:33 (Ref:971760)   #49
ah746
Rookie

ah746 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Don't know about AutoCon but recall that ah746 from Team Elite mentioned that they were aiming to install a Judd, which would require significant rebuild that may be schedule altering, and also were planning a relocate, which I imagine would be done before rebuild. So, that may go a long way to explaining their abscence."

Absolutely right in most respects about Team Elite... Although we are not installing a Judd....
Old 15 May 2004, 15:55 (Ref:971771)   #50
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Were are the US equivalents of Rollcentre, Lister, JOTA, Taurus, willing to challenge the best in LMP1?

Road racing seemingly does not have any strength and depth in the US.

Last edited by JAG; 15 May 2004 at 15:57.