Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 May 2004, 11:15 (Ref:973193)   #26
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long since any of us have worn their "FREE GACHOT" T-shirts?

This is a very odd argument. I doubt there was any malicious intent in Amanda S. getting pregnant.

Old 17 May 2004, 11:52 (Ref:973223)   #27
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
How long since any of us have worn their "FREE GACHOT" T-shirts?
Mmm, I never had one of those, better have a look on Ebay for one...

You think I'm joking? I've just bought a used Stefan Johansson t-shirt (sadly not used by him ) from someone in the US via Ebay.

How sad am I?
Old 17 May 2004, 12:22 (Ref:973248)   #28
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
No sadder than me I'm afraid - I bought a signed nomex balaclava from David Brabham's Simtek F1 days recently and have just 'invested' in a 1990 Nissan team jacket from LM.
Old 17 May 2004, 12:47 (Ref:973288)   #29
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Family planning advice, fashion tips - what's happening to this board??
Old 17 May 2004, 13:12 (Ref:973315)   #30
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Cybers If you regard a balaclava and a Nissan Jacket as fashion tips you're in far worse shape than I am!!!!
Old 17 May 2004, 13:13 (Ref:973317)   #31
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Quote:
Family planning advice, fashion tips - what's happening to this board??
It's finding its feminine side...
Old 17 May 2004, 13:21 (Ref:973326)   #32
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chocmonster7
How dare she!

I know, lets ban all female racing drivers from having sex for the length of their careers, or at least during the racing season.

We could even work out the dates that they could have sex on so that any child was born in the middle of winter and she would be ready for the next racing season.

[B

You were so traumatised by her not racing that you haven't been back since or worn the t-shirt?

Perhaps you should have contacted Amanda and demanded she gave you a refund for the shirt and a bit extra to cover your disappointment...

I did wear the shirt.Getting to meetings is so much trouble nowdays that I only bother if there is a decent female racer to support.None in ASCAR since Amanda's 2001 appearance..And theres so much racing on TV nowdays that given having to choose between ETCC and BTCC on at the same time I chose
the former due to the presence of Paulen Zwart..
Re your first paragraph I would not expect anyone to give up sex,but they can use protection.What you suggest is what athletes in fact do.
Old 17 May 2004, 13:47 (Ref:973341)   #33
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
I did wear the shirt.
Oh good, hate to think it went to waste!

Quote:
] Originally posted by Rob29
Getting to meetings is so much trouble nowdays that I only bother if there is a decent female racer to support.
Not quite sure I understand the logic of that. While the girls always welcome extra support surely racing is worth going to whether the participants are male/female/aliens? :confused:
Old 17 May 2004, 14:08 (Ref:973363)   #34
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by chocmonster7
It's finding its feminine side...
Oh great,it'll be pregnant before long - 11-Tenths...

Nothing more to say on the subject, is there.
Old 17 May 2004, 14:39 (Ref:973393)   #35
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Cybers If you regard a balaclava and a Nissan Jacket as fashion tips you're in far worse shape than I am!!!!
Sounds like a really sexy combination to me but then unsurprisingly I do have a liking for men in nomex...
Old 17 May 2004, 15:03 (Ref:973459)   #36
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JesusHchrist!!
I can't believe what I'm reading here, I had to check the date of postings incase I'd been temporarily displaced 50 years back in time!
Anyone blaming women for getting pregnant, and considering it a touch on the inconsiderate side should have some sense horsewhipped into them IMO, or at the very least crawl back into their own little selfish bubble.
Maybe we shouldn't let them (women) work at all, that way they won't be letting anyone down or upsetting any sponsors!
I'm going to leave it there for the time being, my flabber is so well and truly gasted that I'm lost for words...
You should be ashamed of yourselves, really.
H
Old 17 May 2004, 15:18 (Ref:973474)   #37
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bigh

You should be ashamed of yourselves, really.
H
Why? For expressing our opinions? Everyone here has a right to express what they think and feel, they should not be riddiculed by u or by anyone else for expressing their opinion. Okay, so u dont agree with what a few people here have said, thats fine, but again everyone here is entitled to think what they want and it isnt for u, or anyone else here to tell them that its wrong.

If anything u should feel ashamed of yourself for telling people what to think. Why are a few peoples views here wrong? Because they dont coinside with ur beliefs? Pah!
Old 17 May 2004, 15:44 (Ref:973490)   #38
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm not sure saying that saying that women should be able to become pregnant and not be attacked for it is a personal "belief"...seems rather obvious to me.

hopefully amanda (et al) has an enlightened male partner(he was probably involved in the conception after all) to help her continue with her career in the not too distant future.

Last edited by kdr; 17 May 2004 at 15:47.
Old 17 May 2004, 17:05 (Ref:973570)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amanda's main job is not being a racing driver.

I don't see male "gentlemen drivers" in sportscar racing being attacked when they have to miss races for business committments.
Old 17 May 2004, 17:19 (Ref:973590)   #40
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Lord!!
If anyone expresses a ridiculous opinion, then he should expect to be ridiculed, that's just plain common sense. If I was stupid enough to post on this site that I thought the Morgan has a very good chance of overall victory, then I don't think anyone would be surprised if I was hauled over the coals about it. We're not talking about motor racing though, but personal freedom and blind discrimination, and I'll be happy to tell you that it's wrong.
I've just re-read the previous posts, and to be honest, there's no real need to dignify the topic with a considered reply, you've dug your own holes.
H
Old 17 May 2004, 20:43 (Ref:973782)   #41
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Now wait a minute there big feller, your slacking off the Morgan like that is totally uncalled for! That car is a fine piece of engineering, made from real ash! Not veneer! And certainly not plastic like the Audi R8 Trabant.

What can stop the Aero 8 from winning Le Mans? Except woodworm or dry rot.
Old 18 May 2004, 07:48 (Ref:974071)   #42
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Amanda's main job is not being a racing driver.

I don't see male "gentlemen drivers" in sportscar racing being attacked when they have to miss races for business committments.
Sorry I may have misunderstood what her role was.How do the ladies who were going to share the car feel? How many people are out of a job due to her decision? I certainly thought Le Mans was a professional event. Is there a term for the female equivalent of 'gentleman driver'?
Old 18 May 2004, 07:53 (Ref:974077)   #43
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria

Lady driver.
Old 18 May 2004, 08:22 (Ref:974099)   #44
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Lady driver.
Yes,that would be obvious but unfortunately is the term used for all women.What is needed is a term to distinguish between professionals(ie paid or sponsored) and rich ladies who do it as a hobby,ie Andrea Wessels-Bautsen(hubby owns half Swiss biscuit industry)
Old 18 May 2004, 08:48 (Ref:974118)   #45
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
try "podium finish"!!!
Old 18 May 2004, 08:53 (Ref:974121)   #46
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Sorry I may have misunderstood what her role was.How do the ladies who were going to share the car feel? How many people are out of a job due to her decision?
From what I've read the other women drivers who were possibilies for the car have either had their own problems forcing them to withdraw or have found other drives. The team (Synergy) is still going to compete at Le Mans (with an all male line-up) so nothing has been lost.
Old 18 May 2004, 09:24 (Ref:974143)   #47
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Absolutely correct - Amanda was the last of the original crew still aboard - The team are running a two car effort at LM and there has been no lasting effect to anyone's bank balance as a result.
Old 18 May 2004, 13:16 (Ref:974349)   #48
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO its no bad thing that this effort has failed, IMHO it would have been doubtful if any of the ladies in the car would have been quick enough to qualify for the race, and even if they did they would surley have been at the back end of the grid. If a all female driving line up is to be attempted at LM a all professional driving line up should be entered, something along the lines of, Lillian Bryner, Claudia Hurtgen and Vanina Ickx, rather than amatuer drivers. Vanina is a fairly fast driver and is more than fast enough for LM, and we already know the talent that Bryner and Hurtgen have. Just my opinion of course.

Still, as Graham has said there will be 2 Synergy TVR's at LM this year so nothing has really been lost.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 18 May 2004 at 13:18.
Old 18 May 2004, 13:21 (Ref:974354)   #49
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't Fanny a professional?
Old 18 May 2004, 13:32 (Ref:974370)   #50
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Of a sort I guess, but then shes not in the same leauge as Lillian Bryner, Claudia Hurtgen or Vanina Ickx IMO, just look at their CV's, that tells the whole story. Im not saying Fanny isnt a professional, but what experince does she really have compared to the others?